WY 19' Scamp 5er FOR SALE - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2014, 10:01 PM   #1

Name: luke
Trailer: Scamp 19
Wyoming
19' Scamp 5er FOR SALE

This 1986 Scamp 19' has been remodeled in the last year. The remodel is 95% complete. All original cabinets and appliances were removed, the interior was cleaned out and painted, and everything was built back up from an empty shell. The camper has 100% new electrical and plumbing, high quality oak faced wood cabinets, and laminate counter tops. The trailer lights/brake wiring harness is completely new with new LED tail lights. The only thing left from the original is the stove as it was still practically new. My wife mentioned this is one of the better stoves she used, the oven cooks very evenly, so we decided to powder coat the stove top and re-install it in the remodel.

This Scamp also has a custom built bumper pull hitch adapter that is attached to the original 5th wheel hitch. This hitch adapter can be removed if you want to go back to 5th wheel mode, and I am including the original 5th wheel hitch for the bed of your pickup. As it is now you can pull this camper from the normal tow hitch on a light truck like a Tacoma with no problem. The camper weight is about 2400 pounds.

The rear dinette area has a new table and new Denim cushion covers. The camper has new curtains all the way, and new Alure wood laminate flooring on the floors and under the bed. The sink, faucet and plumbing is all high quality like you would find in a house, not cheap R/V stuff. The sink faucet is the kind with an extension on the faucet head, and you can put the faucet out of the side window and use it as an outdoor shower. There is a 20 gallon fresh water tank, 12v water pump, and the stock grey water holding tank. There is an "EZ101" propane tankless on demand hot water system which works very well and gives you unlimited hot water.

The fridge is a 6 cubic foot model with separate freezer. It is a normal 110v plug-in model, so it doesn't run when you are not plugged into power. However the lower drawer in the fridge is perfect for holding ice, so we load it with ice and use it as a cooler when we are traveling between plug-ins.

The front bed has a new high quality queen sized 6 inch memory foam mattress. The camper also has a Coleman roof mount A/C unit that will freeze you out if you like it cold. There is a place I intentionally left empty under the stove that will fit a propane heater perfectly, but I haven't installed one yet. The tires are in excellent condition and the trailer's brakes work great too.

The camper is completely useable now but here is a list of the things that still need to be done to make it 100% complete:

-The cabinets need to be stained or painted.

-The cabinets and flooring needs to be trimmed out (trim is included).

-The sink drain needs to be plumbed into the grey water holding tank, currently it is draining into a bucket under the sink.

-The front area below the bed needs to be finished. This is the area where the bathroom is located in the Deluxe floor plan. You could build a bathroom here and add a black water tank under the trailer. Our plan was to build a simple couch/storage area here, as we preferred not having a bathroom inside the camper. This is probably the area that will require the most work to make the camper complete, but also gives you many options to finish the configuration to meet your needs.

-Where the original cabinets were removed there were holes from the rivets in the walls that have been expertly filled with epoxy and microballon white filler. The filled holes don't quite match the original (slightly faded) gel coat. There are also various imperfections in the exterior that you would expect on a camper of this age, like some minor dis-colorization, marks, fading, and crazing/lines in the gelcoat. From 10 feet away it looks fine, I wasn't going to paint it, but someone else may choose to paint the exterior. The shell is 100% water tight with no leaks.

-The door is starting to sag on the bottom like many other Scamps this age. It needs to be shored up with the metal bracket that Scamp sells or replaced all together. Scamp sells a new door for $385.

I am asking $7500 as it is now. This camper is awesome and we are really sad to sell it, after a lot of searching we found the 19' Scamp is the most liveable camper you can pull with a small truck. Having the dedicated queen size bed is what really makes this camper more liveable than smaller models. We have lived in it for 4 months over this winter very comfortably with 2 people and a dog. Now my family has grown by 1 and we are going to live in an R/V for half the year, so we need something bigger. If you have any questions please email luke@onlocationaerial.com or call/text (307)690-7978.

Old 06-19-2014, 10:02 PM   #2

Wyoming
More pictures:

This last picture shows the front area below the bed that still needs to be finished.
Old 06-20-2014, 08:45 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Hi Rum Runner - where in WY are you located?

Thanks - john
Old 06-20-2014, 01:05 PM   #4

Wyoming
Currently located in Jackson Wyoming.
Old 06-20-2014, 06:41 PM   #5

Absolutely love it. I would probably remove the cabinet up front to squeeze in a shower/bath. I'd do a satin finish on the cabinets and leave them the lighter, clearer color. I'd also wait for you to finish the small plumbing changes and perhaps the door repairs. Now where is my slush fund?!!
Old 06-26-2014, 01:36 PM   #6

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaevans View Post
Absolutely love it. I would probably remove the cabinet up front to squeeze in a shower/bath. I'd do a satin finish on the cabinets and leave them the lighter, clearer color. I'd also wait for you to finish the small plumbing changes and perhaps the door repairs. Now where is my slush fund?!!
You could fit a bathroom in front of the forward cabinets without removing anything. The bathroom would be narrow but it is still about the same size as the side bathroom that comes stock on the regular floor plan.

I'm going to finish the cabinets with a few coats of Tung Oil to bring out the natural colors of the Oak.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum Runner View Post
You could fit a bathroom in front of the forward cabinets without removing anything. The bathroom would be narrow but it is still about the same size as the side bathroom that comes stock on the regular floor plan.

I'm going to finish the cabinets with a few coats of Tung Oil to bring out the natural colors of the Oak.
I like the tung oil finish idea. I just don't think I could do a bath addition myself. The rest of the build looks great though. A nice redo to an 86.
Old 06-27-2014, 02:25 PM   #8

Name: sheri
Trailer: 5th wheel scamp
Washington
did you do the tongue yourself or have it done somewhere. How far under the trailer is it attached and how? Looks like the weight is still at the gooseneck, We wanted to do this to ours and weretold it couldn't be done, didn't make sense to us
Old 06-27-2014, 04:03 PM   #9

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiltnscrap View Post
did you do the tongue yourself or have it done somewhere. How far under the trailer is it attached and how? Looks like the weight is still at the gooseneck, We wanted to do this to ours and weretold it couldn't be done, didn't make sense to us
I am a welder but the tongue adapter was made by someone else. I've looked at it closely and it was done very well. If I were to do it again I would do it exactly the same. It's basically attached to the stock goose neck structure with 8 big bolts, so it can be removed. I was worried that the tongue weight would be too much for my Tacoma but it pulls great. I put airbags on my Tacoma but you probably don't even need them if you have good springs.

The adapter makes a perfect storage area too. There is a large tub bolted to the structure that I store wood blocks and the water hose in. There is an area in front of the tub that is perfect to hold a small generator or cooler. Since there is almost no storage on the stock Scamp we found this added storage valuable when we are traveling.
Old 06-27-2014, 04:19 PM   #10

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaevans View Post
I like the tung oil finish idea. I just don't think I could do a bath addition myself. The rest of the build looks great though. A nice redo to an 86.
It would be a little bit of work but not much compared to what is already done. All you do is make a template out of cardboard that matches the contour of the interior. Use that to trace and cut an interior wall out of Oak faced plywood. The interior walls are attached by drilling holes in the fiberglass shell and using stainless steel wood screws and rubber sealed washer from the outside. You could buy a stock grey water tank from Scamp and mount it in front of the axle to use as the black water tank. Finally split the fresh water line under the sink and extend it forward to the bathroom. If you wanted a shower you could paint the interior of the bathroom with a heavy rubberized paint and put a drain in the floor.

Like I said I was going to finish this area with a seat/step/storage and closet on one side because personally I prefer to not have a bathroom in such a small camper. If we are camped at a camp ground there are usually nice facilities, or if we are camped in the woods we would rather dig a hole and enjoy the outdoor experience.
Old 07-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #11

Name: munroe
Trailer: 2 X Triple E
Saskatchewan
Is this still available? I have a 1999 dutchmen 24 ' 5th wheel with large slideout to trade.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:18 PM   #12

Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmunroe View Post
Is this still available? I have a 1999 dutchmen 24 ' 5th wheel with large slideout to trade.
Yes it's still available. Sorry we aren't looking for any trades. We are open to all reasonable offers though. Thanks.
Old 07-14-2014, 04:17 PM   #13

Name: bartholomew
Trailer: searching
North Carolina
Too far for us to travel. I really like it Mate.

Tags
scamp