2010 casita f/d - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2014, 05:13 PM   #1

Name: Kip and Mary
Trailer: Casita
Michigan
2010 casita f/d

We recently purchased a 2010 Casita freedom deluxe 17 everything works fine except there is no power to the range hood fan and light or the light over the sink and the outside light by the door. All of the fuses are good and the battery is fully charged. Any ideas on what the problem could be? One response said there may be loose connection somewhere under the carpeting but I can't figure out where the feed for these lights and fan are run or any other ideas are welcome. Thanks in advance for any help. Kip
Kip in Mi. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #2

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Hi Kip, I just went out and looked in my SD 17. Yup, it sure looks as though the wiring is all behind the carpet on the wall. Did you pull all the fuses or just look at them in the panel. I ask because I have had an ATC fuse blow but the break in it was behind the plastic and was very hard to see it. I think I found it with the multimeter.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:18 AM   #3

Michigan
I tested the fuses with a test light by putting a small probe on each side of the small metal part visible on the outside of the fuse and have power to both sides.
Old 05-06-2014, 03:34 PM   #4

Trailer: 2009 Trillium 13 ft ('Homelet') / 2000 Subaru Outback
Registry
Smile Power to both sides?

If you jump the fuse with the test light, it will just confirm that there is power to the hot side because the downstream side should be going through whatever that circuit powers.

What has to be done is to remove the fuse, hold it in your hand, and then check the resistance with a multi-meter. The resistance should be 0 or close to it. If it is infinite, then the fuse is blown.

Good Luck. Electrical things can be confusing.

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right.
Roger C H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 04:03 PM   #5

Michigan
2010 freedom deluxe

Problem solved I tracked the trouble to a wire somewhere buried in the fridge compartment but was unable to find it so I cut the wire on both ends of the problem and bypassed it with a new wire now every thing works fine. Thanks of the input. Kip

Tags
casita