I may have found my Casita... - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #41

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharon G View Post
Now THAT's worthless without pictures!
Oh Sharon, it's so much more than just pictures. The story is a hoot! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ght-40402.html
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 05:59 PM   #42

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
Ed, now you have to delete another trailer off your profile, LOL. You keep "this UP" and you'll have to hire somebody just to "keep UP" with you!

Hmmmmmm, guess I should have posted this on the "UP" thread, lol.
Old 01-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #43

Trailer: Aliner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Oh Sharon, it's so much more than just pictures. The story is a hoot! http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...ght-40402.html
The mental pictures from that post are hilarious:
Quote:
Well I go through the gate and don't get 50 yards into the park when I see one in the road at least 6 feet long! Looks like a Dragon to me!!! He is walking slowly and looks up at the truck/trailer and just stops there.
I debated honking or getting out but before I can he walks slowly off the road and into the lake. After that I see many smaller ones and the clues that big ones were there(avacado sized clues) but no big ones until that Saturday night.
I will never see an avocado without thinking about iguana "clues" again!
Sharon G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 06:56 PM   #44

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
I came home from the university when we lived in Caoe Girardeau, got out of the car, and saw a 6' iguana on the sidewalk beside the car. I screamed. We tried to catch it, but it objected to its tail being pushed into the cardboard box my daughter had.

However, on the return from our January trip to FL, in the campground in TN, a tiny anole lizard crept out from under the carpet strip in our Uhaul. I did not scream. After spending a small fortune on its aquarium environment, we now have a new pet, Annie.

CindyL
CindyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #45

Trailer: Casita 2000 Spirit Deluxe
Shelly, are you home yet? Congratulations on your new to you egg!!! Glad it has worked out for you.
I just found one for sale, but waiting on seller to call me back. I may be taking a road trip soon too. Wish me luck.
Pictures are nice. LOL (Has anyone told you that? LOL)
So glad you and Ed were able to work out a deal. Happy Camping this summer. :-)

Karalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #46

Yeah Shelly, we're waiting to see pictures with you standing beside your trailer with big ole grins!
Old 01-28-2012, 10:16 PM   #47

Name: Dave and Shelly
Trailer: 2001 Spirit Deluxe Casita "New Name: Eggspensive"
Iowa
We had such a fun time visiting with Ed, we finally got home about 1/2 hour ago, i went out to get the cushions out of the camper and found the batwing antenna had been broke to smithereens. Not quite sure what happened but Ed said it didn't work, so I guess we needed a new one anyway. Cushions look like they have never been used. I am still trying to decide what the colors are. I am totally pooped but i promise to try and get some pics tomorrow and post them. Thanks for sharing in the excitement with me!
sfoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #48

Name: Darron
Trailer: In the market
Texas
No problem, Shelly. Glad you made it home safely. We'll be waiting patiently for pics. What times does the Sun rise in your area?
Doc Sarvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #49

Name: Mike
Trailer: 1996 16' Casita SD
Louisiana
Registry
Glad you had a safe (and productive) trip!
itlives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 10:48 PM   #50

Iowa
Thanks you guys! Doc, don't expect too much. I had to practically beg Ed to sell it to me and he didn't have time to wash it and it will be too cold to wash it tomorrow, so it will be pics of a dirty egg. Will try to post pics of bat wing and cushions as well. Need an idea what color scheme to go with. Just please don't tell me blue! Not my fave....
Old 01-31-2012, 01:47 PM   #51

Name: Mary
Trailer: Considering a casita
Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by sfoss View Post
Need an idea what color scheme to go with. Just please don't tell me blue! Not my fave....
*lol* I've been going crazy myself trying to come up with a color scheme since I have the blue/beige cushions. I almost *ALMOST* went with red/white/blue but fell in love with some aqua (more green than blue) polka dot fabric at Walmart of all places (limited edition that came in pink, yellow and aqua for a "pink lemonade" quilt design that they featured this month) ... I LOVE IT!

I'm a "green" person anyway and I happen to have a quilt here that shrunk so it's too small for my king size bed that is white with the same greenish-blue shades in it. WOO HOO!

I'm kind of picturing doing an old beach theme (think old 30s-50s Havana/Key West/Miami) which is totally opposite of the Americana or British kitsch theme I was originally going to do.

Shelly ... can't wait to see what you do with yours! Congrats!!!
nebraskama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:30 PM   #52

Registry
Just a personal caution, Nebraskama. We have a Uhaul VT, so I am not sure how the bed sizes compares with a Casita. However, for us, we added a memory foam cover to our bed to keep us from falling between the cushions and waking with cushion cramps. In doing this, keeping the queen-sized sheets tucked in became a problem. We resorted to king-sized; they work. Same with the blankets. Kevin hogs the blankets, so I wake up with a cold b** (No, people, I used 2 asterix's, not 3. I did not use the 4-letter version, I meant bum.). So we resorted to king-sized blankets too, so I have plenty of blanket to wrap around me too. If you are using one that shrank, you might want to throw in another blanket.

CindyL
Old 01-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #53

Registry
Shelley,

Think of a theme. Ours is Southwestern with a bit of NA, as a nod to my NA background and our volunteering on Pine Ridge.

CindyL
Old 01-31-2012, 03:12 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyL View Post
Kevin hogs the blankets, so I wake up with a cold b** (No, people, I used 2 asterix's, not 3. I did not use the 4-letter version, I meant bum.).
CindyL
No matter how many asterisks you used Cindy, I think we get the idea....
Old 01-31-2012, 03:29 PM   #55

Iowa
A theme...

I may have to do a theme idea after the other stuff gets done. But yes, that is a great idea. And Mary your quilt sounds cute. Cindy, thanks for the heads up about the blankets. I had a quilt my grandma made and was going to use it because it was white background and basically pastel colors. But i will wait until the new matress comes before i can test that out.
Old 01-31-2012, 05:00 PM   #56

Trailer: 2003 17 ft Casita Freedom Deluxe ('Rita')
Good Going Shelly!

Hi Shelly!

This is Betty down in AR. Glad to hear it worked out for you! Ed seemed like quite a guy.
Hope it works out for you as you wish!
Betty L.
Betty L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:01 PM   #57

Name: Mary
Trailer: Considering a casita
Nebraska
Thanks Cindy ... I have a patriot so I think it's only a double. Either way, I'll defintely use a blanket and/or comforter. I'm assuming then I could get queen size sheets since you had to go up one size. We have 3 sizes of bedding in the house so I can do that.

I just thought it was cool that the fabric I picked actually went with something I have around the house.
nebraskama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #58

Iowa
Thanks Betty, if it wasn't for you i wouldn't have my new casita! Yes, Ed is very entertaining. You will have to ask him about his "mood lighting" mod. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:25 PM   #59

Iowa
Funny you should say that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yeah Shelly, we're waiting to see pictures with you standing beside your trailer with big ole grins!
I do happen to have one of me hugging my camper. Just haven't taken it from my phone to the computer....

Tags
casita