No More Bunks for Casita 13's - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 11:58 AM   #1

Trailer: 2008 20 ft Flagstaff Pop-Up (206ST) / 2005 Sienna
No More Bunks for Casita 13's

Wow, I noticed on the Casita site that their Patriot no longer showed the bunk option so I contacted them and was told they have discontinued the Casita Patriots with front bunks/couch. You can only get a bath model now. I dont know if they have any parts left over and would still build one with what they have so if anybody was thinking of a new Castita 13 with bunks/couch you may want to contact them immediately.

Am I the only one this surprises? It seems most folks dont want a bath in a 13 ft trailer and if you look at how many Scamp 13's without the baths are ordered it makes we wonder why Casita would discontinue that floorplan?

Any thoughts?
Old 01-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #2

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
I just sold my Casita Patriot Standard (no bath, front bunks) and most of the people who called on it from Texas it wanted the bath (didn't know what 'standard' means in CasitaSpeak) but the calls I got from other parts of the country were fine with no bath. Go figure. I sold it to a sweet lady downsizing from a motorhome who loved the floorplan.
Karen
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:10 PM   #3
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
I was on the site the other day and noticed that and thought it was an oversight. Strange move. We wouldn't buy a 13' with a bathroom. Raz
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #4
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen M View Post
I just sold my Casita Patriot Standard (no bath, front bunks) and most of the people who called on it from Texas it wanted the bath (didn't know what 'standard' means in CasitaSpeak) but the calls I got from other parts of the country were fine with no bath. Go figure. I sold it to a sweet lady downsizing from a motorhome who loved the floorplan.
Karen
Perhaps they drink more BEER in Texas???
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 PM   #5

Trailer: Casita Patriot Standard
Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Raz View Post
Perhaps they drink more BEER in Texas???
Ummm... in my case it would be wine but a bathroom is getting more necessary as time goes by

K
Karen M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #6
Administrator

Trailer: Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
It's the shower. In Texas, you gotta be able to take a shower when it's 106ºF outside for a good third of the year.
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #7

Name: Denece
Trailer: Compact II
California
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary F
It's the shower. In Texas, you gotta be able to take a shower when it's 106ºF outside for a good third of the year.
Or if you're older. It's not wanting to make the toilet run in the wee hours ( pun intended)
Denece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 10:16 PM   #8

Trailer: Fiber Stream 1978 / Honda Odyssey LX 2003
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Frederick L. Simson
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissab View Post
Am I the only one this surprises?

Any thoughts?
IIRC, Casita's demographics skew towards retired-empty-nesters, while Scamp has more families-with-children customers.
The former trends toward comfort first, while the latter is all about body count on a budget.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #9

Name: Greg
Trailer: 72 Boler American
Indiana
Just shower in beer "Don't mess with Texas".
Greg H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #10

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
I'm sure Casita would still be offering the option if they'd had enough people asking for it. Apparently they haven't.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #11

Name: Hazel
Trailer: Trillium
Saskatchewan
We have a Ventura (retired couple). First thing we did was remove the bunk parts and stuffed them in a shed (just in case). Then we covered the sink and stove to make a useful wide shelf (we go camping and that means cooking and eating outside). Not interested in a bathroom - but a Porta Potti slid out of sight is handy.
Hazel in Sk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #12
Commercial Member

Name: Mark and Tara
Trailer: 2005 13' Scamp
New York
Wow, ok. You know that there were a few articles online and newspapers that they are eliminating rest stops on the highways and more places are not allowing public use the bathrooms unless you do business with them such as at a fast food restaurant. Also Casita being made in Texas, everything is big. And far. So, it makes logical sense (am a designer) that a bathroom is a necessity these days. If you do not want bathroom, take it out and convert it like those hot rodders would do to their cars. Same thing.

It is fun without bathroom and I understand. And it is lighter too. Well, there are other options by buying other brands such as Scamp and Trillium.
Mark and Tara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita