Dallas Estate Sale Casita - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Dallas Estate Sale Casita

This Casita is located in DALLAS, Tx. A friend called me about seeing this Casita at an estate sale. I went by there late Sunday afternoon and made fome photos. The Casita belongs to a mother and her daughter who have moved into a smaller home. The estate sale people (Doug and Sandy) said it was in good condition, although they are not RVers and don't know many specifics. They did not have a key when I was there to see the interior. But Doug had been inside it and said it looked good. He could not remember many details about the interior except that it has a bathroom in front and bed in the back, the dinette. It is parked under a tree and could use a good cleaning. I could not see all of it but I did not see any cracks in the fiberglass, what I could see, or broken things.

I have no idea of price they are asking.

According to the discussions on the Casita Club forum,

"...the awning has been upgraded to a later model Fiamma (good thing). The large access hatch is the key here. It was discontinued in late '96 when they began using a battery door turned on it's side. Of course like the awning, it could have been an upgrade. If it is in fact a '96, it could be desirable. This was the first year for production 17's (only a few prototypes made in '95) and could have many experimental features there were discontinued before years end. The mentioned storage hatch, two closet doors and a larger cabinet above the microwave hole are all things unique to the early versions."

For more info on this trailer, call Doug Westrup. 972-971-6365 in Dallas.

-Don
Attached Thumbnails
Casita estate curb 600.jpg   Casita estate frontcurb 600.jpg  

Casita estate street 600.jpg   Casita Estate Decal 600.jpg  

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:53 AM   #2

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Sold!

The Don Pod
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita