Play Pac Bed, Windows and such. - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2007, 02:49 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Pac ('Egg Krate')
Thumbs up

When the weather cools down a bit (95 F right now) I want to pull out the carpet and put down peel and stick in the trailer. Once that's accomplished; I thought I'd start framing the bed and walls. My idea for the bed is to use the twin sized sleep number bed, I already own (can we say light weight and comfy) and then construct the bed in such a way to have the ability to make it into a full size bed for guest use. Or to upgrade the sleep number bed to a full size mattress. I sleep on a queen, but don't want to give up that much space in the trailer.

The SN beds are made of a high density foam frame and then air bags all zipped up into a nice mattress pad affair. There's a single hole in the bed deck for the air hose and an 120v outlet for running the pump, if required. These beds will hold air without power, but obviously can't be adjusted without it.

With that long history, I found the following gaucho rails at the vinatage trailer site and want your input.

Gaucho Rails

1. Would these work? Please suggest anything, better, lighter, cheaper.
2. Would 3 of them be enough or would I need four?
3. Exactly how do they fit into the bed frame arrangement. Does the bed deck ride on them, and if so, what do you suggest for the decking material?

One of the windows is missing the 8" levers to keep the window open. Vintage Trailer supply has these, but they aren't exactly the same:

Window lever

They are too long and have more notches. Given how mine are set up; I think I could cut these down. Is there another place I might be able to get these? I have another couple that could use replacing due to bends, but they are usable as they exist.

Thanks for your thoughts. i'm really getting into this little jewel and am having visions of camping bliss not too far down the road. I'm taking the PP into Camper Exchange next week to have them look over the brakes and let me know what needs to be done. They are going to look at the rims and tires, also. I'll probably be replacing all tires/rims, so they match. They've also ordered the replacement handle for the door. So, once the door locks; I can begin working inside.

Bonnie

Tags
play–pac, windows