Awning Advice Please - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-19-2015, 02:08 PM   #21

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
What model Carefree on your Escape Charlie, and did you install it yourself? Curious minds wanna know!

Frank
I second the question. I have a 16' Scamp and I am looking for an awning for it as well.
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:31 PM   #22
Commercial Member

Name: Charlie Y
Trailer: Escape 21 - Felicity
Oregon
I didn't install my awning but it looks pretty simple - has a couple of standoff brackets on the ends to adapt to the curve of the egg. Escape installs the Carefree Fiesta model. You can download all the manuals here:

Carefree of Colorado

Charlie Y

Don't drill holes, try custom storage you design: https://RVWidgetWorks.com
tractors1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 02:35 PM   #23

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
I like the Shademaker Deluxe. Had a problem with the bag after three years and they repaired it free. Made my day.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 03:02 PM   #24

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
I MAY have just the answers you're looking for. I installed a "gutter" to my Scamp's Dometic awning using PVC pipe. BUT, if you look close you can still easily see the alum. brackets made by Scamp to install. Look at all of the pics and zoom in and it may help give you an idea.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/503516...57629703675489

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
I messaged Fiamma about our trailer: "We have a 2012 Parkliner. I know Parkliner sells your awnings on new trailers, but they didn't when we got ours. Do you sell brackets that would allow us to install one of your awnings on our trailer? The body of our 2012 is exactly the same as the newer ones that Parkliner is installing Fiamma awnings on. Thank you."

Their reply: "
Parkliner fabricates their own brackets for our awnings. You may want to check with them."

Well, that pretty much leaves me on my own. I still would like to figure this out somehow.

Frank
Darral T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:48 PM   #25

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Typically, in California public campgrounds there is a small parking pad where you can park your tow vehicle and trailer in a line or side by side (see photo). There is no space beside the trailer for "camping" or an awning. To experience outdoor camping you have to walk a ways to the table and fire ring. I am used to this type of camping and don't miss an awning. Usually, there are trees to provide shade.

In contrast, public camping in Europe and New Zealand (where I just returned) campsites are basically an open dirt field where you park where you wish, often right next to another camper, there are no picnic tables nor fire rings and everyone shares one pit toilet. Believe it or not, I also love camping in Europe and New Zealand. (No, I did not bring my camper trailer from the US. We packed a tent or rented a campervan)

Basically, as in all things camping and on the Fiberglass Forum, "to each his own" and "viva la difference".
Attached Thumbnails
Doug's art and Scamp 027.jpg  
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 09:50 PM   #26

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Oops, I think I answered on the wrong thread. Sorry.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 04:46 AM   #27

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
I love my old style rope & pole awning, and my second choice would be a bag awning. Low tech, very sturdy, little maintenance.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
awning, scamp