LiL Snoozy build times - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #21

Name: John
Trailer: 2019 Oliver Elite II
Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbster View Post
I placed my Snoozy order in April of 2017 and It still hasn’t been built. They gave me a 6 month window. I’ve called them several times and it seems they are having issues with getting fiberglass shells. I hoping this means that quality is better (and slower) than quantity. Mine is supposed to be started soon. Any info to the contrary would be appreciated. Thanks
DBN

Sorry to here about Snoozy time delays and how long it takes to get one. I haven't heard of Casita having these delay problem and the time is 3-4 months for deliveries.

trainman

QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 06:45 AM   #22

Name: jerry
Trailer: KZ Sportsman 17RBS
Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCGuy76 View Post
Hi All - I placed my order for the Snoozy on 7/20 (just over 2 months ago). Curious to hear what others are hearing now when placing new orders?

For those that have been waiting a while already or are close to their build (or just picked theirs up), what are you hearing from Snoozy on actual pick-up vs. the time you were told when you placed the order?

Since they gave me a 6-8 month window I'm just going to assume it will take them 8 months. Reading through the forums I haven't heard of a situation where someone accepted delivery earlier than what was originally expected.

Hopefully this thread will help those of us waiting anxiously for our LiL Snoozy. I will admit having 10k locked-up in an R/V that doesn't have a "firm" pick-up date makes me pretty nervous, so it's good to hear stories from others.
Just spoke with them yesterday, 14 months out if I ordered it yesterday
tnrver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 07:52 AM   #23

Name: Dan and Liz
Trailer: LilSnoozy on order
Vermont
We ordered ours August 8, 2017 and are still waiting. The last estimate they gave me was mid-Feb, 2019. I've spoken with a few other customers who have recently taken delivery and it seems to be running in the 16-18 month range. It sounds like they had shell problems this summer and some ongoing workforce issues. At this point, we've pretty much missed the camping season so it probably doesn't make much difference if ours gets done tomorrow or next spring. I know the floorplan, all electric design and cassette toilet aren't for everyone but if it's what you are looking for, the quality of the build still looks very good to me.
Dan and Liz in VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2018, 08:22 AM   #24

Tennessee
I hope it meets all your expectations! The floor plan would be the best 4 me, thats what got me looking @ them
I just dont think it would meet my boondocking needs . They need to offer some type of solar option to complement the genny option. The bed is another big selling point 4 me
I like having a permanent bed with a real matteress. Im sure the wait os gonna be worth your while!!
Old 11-03-2018, 10:41 PM   #25

Name: J Scott
Trailer: On Lil Snoozy waiting list
South Carolina

I'm Scott and a new member to this forum. I made a deposit on a Snoozy in mid October and was told the waiting list was 14 months.

I would like to add that this will be my first RV and would be appreciative of information, experiences and suggestions from others, especially involving the Snoozy. I'm retiring in early December '18 and plan to make use of the wait time learning about on-board systems, options and upgrades. I don't plan to travel continuously but will be spending a lot of time in the RV.

Scott
Dekcrab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 06:28 AM   #26

Tennessee
Welcome to FGRV Scott! Congratulations on your purchase of the LS. The wait is long but if the quality is there its worth the wait!
Old 11-04-2018, 07:41 AM   #27
JBB

Name: Jan
Trailer: 2017 Lil Snoozy
South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekcrab View Post
I'm Scott and a new member to this forum. I made a deposit on a Snoozy in mid October and was told the waiting list was 14 months.

I would like to add that this will be my first RV and would be appreciative of information, experiences and suggestions from others, especially involving the Snoozy. I'm retiring in early December '18 and plan to make use of the wait time learning about on-board systems, options and upgrades. I don't plan to travel continuously but will be spending a lot of time in the RV.

Scott

Welcome Scott! The wait for our Snoozy was worth it!. We shopped and planned how we wanted to personalize ours. The time will go by quickly.

I would also like to add that Mitzi in a post she made a long time ago, suggested buying an extension cord for the electrical hookup. We did buy one from Amazon while we waited on our build. Figured we would never use it! Well, our last trip this Fall to Edisto Beach we were about a foot too short reaching the box and couldn't back up any further so the connection could be made. I highly recommend this to other Snoozy owners!!
JBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:58 AM   #28

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekcrab View Post

Scott
I would rent an RV (perhaps a smaller Class C motorhome) and take a trip when you are retired. Some great state parks in SC, GA and AL. Figure Florida will be PACKED all winter with snowbirds.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy