Lil Snoozy dry flush toilet - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2018, 08:31 PM   #1

Name: Don
Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
Lil Snoozy dry flush toilet

I'm not ordering my snoozy for a couple years. But after looking at the cassette toilet which is what I would want, I found this alternative. And it requires no installation. It's a dry flush toilet. You can watch the video to see how it works. I'm thinking, rather than have the hole cut in the sidewall with the cassette toilet and that installation, this might be an alternative solution. You have to buy the refills every couple of weeks, but you can search prices where they cost around a dollar per flush.

I'm single and would much rather have this dry flush toilet then even a cassette. And I like the cassette toilet. So check this out and see what you think about this. There are plenty of YouTube videos and the website also has some.

Would you use this in your little snoozy?

https://youtu.be/GMa6yTos38s
CallDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 08:54 PM   #2

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Don, I’ve never used a dry flush toilet, but have used something similar when we drove through the Rubicon Trail. It worked very well, but we have been using a porta-potti for the last 30 years, and it works well for us. We boon dock (dry camp) mostly, and drive 4x4 trails with our Jeep during the day. When we are out we carry the bottom of the porta-potty to empty it whenever we come across a pit or vault toilet, or a gas station. We also carry a water jug to replenish our fresh water supply whenever possible. Some have mounted a composting toilet in their trailer, so whatever you are comfortable with.....
Best of luck with your seach.
PS, we really like our Lil Snoozy.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 09:56 PM   #3

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
I think it won't take very many years before they ban that style of toilet. It is an issue with the landfills. Even in the cities they are asking that you flush the pet waste solids down the toilets instead of putting them into the solid waste stream.

They won't allow you onto the BLM sensitive land camp sites with that style of toilet. You must be in compliance with at least 10 gallons of standard self contained waste tanks. Those areas also do not allow composting toilets.

There will be issues with RV parks that require standard compliance rules for self contained. The dry flush toilets do not qualify.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 08:37 AM   #4

Trailer: Still deciding, but changing my mind from the Casita FD to the Lil Snoozy!
Texas
This falls into the same category under rules that landfills have made for baby and adult diapers. When you have a kid, some arrangements have to be made for the diapers and also for adults who need to wear them. This falls under those same regulations.

The Don Pod
Old 04-25-2018, 09:18 AM   #5

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
Don, I think this is a pretty cool invention, but I would never own one. What an incredible waste of plastic! Not to mention the fact that about anything in a dumpster could easily puncture the bags and then you have a dumpster full of, well, you know. These shouldn't even be legal IMO.
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 10:58 AM   #6

Name: Carl
Trailer: LiL Hauley
Syracuse, NY
I don't think they are a very good idea. I did some further research and found this negative video.

Old 04-25-2018, 11:00 AM   #7

Texas
This is not new technology. At least four companies use it for diaper disposal. Like I said most landfills consider this the same as diaper disposals. Diaper Genie, Tommee Tippee, Munchkin. I suppose if you outlawed this, you'd have to Outlaw any diaper system which would affect millions of Americans. How you going to get rid of all those stinky diapers and all that human waste.

The Don Pod
Old 04-25-2018, 11:12 AM   #8

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
If it works right. That may be the solution for you. I like the cassette but for a single person it would be less trouble. I don't think there are enough of these to drastically affect the environment. Of course some campers may sneak into the woods to save a buck!
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 12:09 PM   #9

Syracuse, NY
Don,

We raised 4 kids and never used disposable diapers. We used cloth diapers and washed them, however, now you can hardly find them. Times have changed. The disposable diaper industry has done a great job marketing their products. My son has a couple toddlers and they dump the solid waste in the toilet and wrap the diaper in a tight ball, tape it closed and throw it in the trash. It seems to work for them. I just think there are better ways to dispose of waste in an RV.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:57 PM   #10

Name: Tom
Trailer: Outfitter truck campper
Colorado
For what it's worth, I have a cassette and am very happy with it. Very simple to use, no energy use to speak of, very little water needed, and disposal is quite easy. With a 10 gal tank, pretty easy for one person to go a couple of weeks or longer without emptying.
TomandCallie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 02:12 PM   #11

Syracuse, NY
Tom,

I just received my Dometic CTS4110 cassette toilet which is going in my LIL Hauley build out. I have never owned one but I think they are the cats meow over a fixed black tank. It really suits our style of camping.

Carl
Old 04-25-2018, 05:16 PM   #12

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
WOW... I didn't realize how much my trips to campground potty were worth. I think I'll keep using the campground potties.
FYI I am not one bit concerned about what "might be lurking out there in the dark". I've seen coyotes and bobcats plus some small critters. Stars did somebody say stars. I wonder how many here have ever seen the "Milky Way". or the little dipper.
Old 04-25-2018, 05:52 PM   #13

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
I don't think they are a very good idea. I did some further research and found this negative video.

Yes, I've seen this video. A defective product.

You can find defective products in every production run. One person sent me a note that they install them regularly in country vacation homes. She loves them and has never had a problem with them. Etc., etc., etc.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:29 PM   #14

Trailer: 1985 13 ft U-Haul
I had not seen these before. I did look one up on the web and they are somewhat pricey and I could not find a price for the refills? As to the waste disposal issue every day all over the world probably a gazillion tons of disposable diapers find their way to the landfill. I can assure you that every parent can attest to the fact that there is nothing on earth more toxic than baby poo ! If we can survive that we can survive anything. Lee
Lee Senn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 06:48 AM   #15

Trailer: 2014 16 scamp side dinette/Rav4 V6 Tow pkg.
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlD View Post
Don,

We raised 4 kids and never used disposable diapers. We used cloth diapers and washed them, however, now you can hardly find them. Times have changed. The disposable diaper industry has done a great job marketing their products. My son has a couple toddlers and they dump the solid waste in the toilet and wrap the diaper in a tight ball, tape it closed and throw it in the trash. It seems to work for them. I just think there are better ways to dispose of waste in an RV.
As a young man in my early 20s, You haven't lived until you open a diaper pail. many many years ago. Carl
Carl Pa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 10:21 PM   #16

Texas
Before I make a decision, I always do tons of research. I've done so much research on the little snoozy and I'm still doing it. I still haven't found out everything. And I think the price is really high. But you know so, you only go around once in life. You have to take care of yourself. I like the snoozy and will probably pay the money.

I like the idea of this dry flush toilet for me. I will continue to ask questions, get feedback and consider all the answers. So thanks to everyone for the responses.

I am Dallas and I still haven't seen a snoozy up close. So let me know when you're driving through. I'll buy your dinner.

The Don Pod
Old 04-27-2018, 02:09 PM   #17

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Senn View Post
I had not seen these before. I did look one up on the web and they are somewhat pricey
FROM THE SNOOZY PRICE CHART:

Thetford C-200CS Cassette Toilet mounted, wired and plumbed to water system 599.00

The Laveo dry flush toilet is about $5 to $10 cheaper. Essentially, the same price as the cassette toilet.

The refills can be had for about a dollar a flush. Of course you don't have to flush it all day. Men have options, And there plenty of work around so you're not flushing money down the toilet so to speak several times a day. I try not to do a "bad job" in my RV toilet anyway. I'm sure with a cassette toilet people don't flush it all day.
Old 04-27-2018, 06:18 PM   #18

Name: David
Trailer: Former 13’Scamp, now Snoozy
Arizona
Registry
Don, if you ask Lil Snoozy factory for people in your area that are willing to show their LS, the people get a referral fee if you mention their name when you order your LS. I have shown ours many times, as it is something I like doing, but have yet to get a referral fee. 2,000 miles from the factory might have something to do with it.
Best of luck to you.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 09:14 PM   #19

Texas
I keep looking at the owners map but there's nothing in the immediate Dallas-Fort Worth area. I'm not going to buy for a couple years anyway, and when it gets closer to the time, I'll probably make a trip to the factory to give them money. People like it when you give them money. I'll keep looking and hoping somebody around here Will buy one or someone will come through town. Thanks for the encouragement. I'm looking forward to it.

The Don Pod

Tags
cassette, dry flush toilet, lil snoozy