Does anyone have any info on Bigfoot campers? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 05:42 PM   #1

Name: Kristy
Trailer: Casita
California
Does anyone have any info on Bigfoot campers?

Hi! I'm looking for a Bigfoot camper but am concerned about resale value for when our family outgrows it. They seem hard to find. Are they desirable or are there just not many of them out there? Also what are issues to look for when looking at them?
Kris1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:47 AM   #2

Name: Larry
Trailer: Escape
Oregon
I looked at them and found used ones are hard to find and expensive, from what I found they are very desirable and high quality. Big foot went out of business several years ago but employees have purchased and restarted the company, look them up on line they have a very interesting story. The cost was more then I wanted to pay so I purchased a new Casita.
larryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #3

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
http://www.fiberglassrv.com/forums/f...tml#post648679
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 10:44 AM   #4

Name: milton
Trailer: Northern Lite
British Columbia
Registry
When checking out a used unit.Check the floor below the door.If the seal leaks ,the floor will root.It will feel spongy. Good Luck
milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:31 AM   #5

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Several Bigfoots show up most every month on the Seattle craigslist. Most likely because we are the closest large city to British Colombia where they are built.

The way to see them immediately is to create a craigslist account. Next go to the craiglist page for the place you are searching (such as Seattle and/or your own area) in the RVs section plus in the trailer section create a search notification using the word Bigfoot. Then you will get an immediate email with a link to that new posting from craigslist. Using the search notification function will save you time as you don't have to check the ads yourself, you have a bot for that!
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

California
Thank you for your response! I found a 2003 for 10000$. Does that seem like a fair price?
Old 09-01-2017, 11:36 AM   #7

California
Thanks for the info! I'll keep that in mind when looking at them!
Old 09-01-2017, 12:04 PM   #8

Name: Kelly
Trailer: Trails West
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris1991 View Post
Thank you for your response! I found a 2003 for 10000$. Does that seem like a fair price?
You can check blue book values specific models of specific years to find out what they consider to be a fair price. Of course it is not always accurate as to location.

If you are going to ask how much is it worth then you have to state what model as well as the year. But once again the response is not always accurate as to location.
k corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 12:24 PM   #9

California
Quote:
Originally Posted by k corbin View Post
You can check blue book values specific models of specific years to find out what they consider to be a fair price. Of course it is not always accurate as to location.

If you are going to ask how much is it worth then you have to state what model as well as the year. But once again the response is not always accurate as to location.
i have found that blue book values are rarely accurate when it comes to Fiberglass rvs. The one we are looking at is a 2003 truck camper for a short bed truck.
Old 09-01-2017, 02:08 PM   #10

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Hey Kristy go over to the BOCI (Bigfoot Owners Club International) website. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks over there and a section that deals specifically with truck campers. You can sign in as a guest.
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 04:12 AM   #11

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris1991 View Post
Hi! I'm looking for a Bigfoot camper but am concerned about resale value for when our family outgrows it. They seem hard to find. Are they desirable or are there just not many of them out there? Also what are issues to look for when looking at them?
:
Check out Vancouver, BC Craigslist I saw several when I typed in Bigfoot plus your dollar is worth at least 25 cents more than ours is right now.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 10:07 AM   #12

Name: Bob
Trailer: Bigfoot
California
With a used RV regardless of manufacturer it's all about how it was kept, and the condition it is in.
Bigfoots are well made, but that is in RV terms. The biggest thing to look for is functioning systems and water damage. Both get expensive very quickly.
From what we have seen lots of Bigfoot owners keep their rigs for a while. Ours was owned by the first owner for 16 years before we bought it. And they have a decently high resale value assuming leaks are prevented or repaired and systems are functional.
squish is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot