My New/ Used Casita is no longer! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2009, 11:45 AM   #21

Trailer: 2009 17 ft Eggcamper / Chevy S-10
Registry
I used to wonder how some people can be so thoughtless or cruel, then I found out at least part of the reason. I was watching a show on the brain and they stated that a certain percentage of people simply don't experience remorse - in other words, they don't have consciences. I don't remember the percent, but it was surprisingly high, like five or ten percent. Not all these people are criminals or evil, social constraints or even logical thinking keep most of them from being harmful to others, but if they do hurt another, they simply don't feel guilty about it. They might regret having done it because of the negative consequences to themselves, but they simply have no empathy for others.

Scary, Isn't it?
Ray N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:37 PM   #22

Trailer: 17 ft 1986 Burro
Quote:
Hello Ken:
Well, I guess I am a bit confused?
You mention that i should be happy that I did not buy it, as it was SH.. box, but, you have now posted here about the floor in the 16' Casita you just bought in NC?
It sounds as though YOU have bought it, as you mentioned her name?

Sorry, I am truly NOT trying to be an idiot, but I guess you must be one of the Couple she mentioned in her e-mail to me?

Oh well, I guess someone was going to buy it, if not me?

Good luck with it, and a Happy New Year to you as well.
Regards, Jake.
Did I miss something? It sounds like Ken passed on it to me.
Unless it's on another thread? Sorry but I am getting old.

Ah I see it's on another thread, never mind. ignore this.
pjanits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #23

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Ray, yes scary, Of Mice and Men, Lennie came to mind for some odd reason. Guess he scared me as a kid
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 03:37 PM   #24

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Quote:
Oh Dear, me Sad!

Well, after being very excited about my New/Used Casita purchase, it appears that after agreeing a price, sending a deposit, and planning my road trip to pick it up next week, the current owner decided to have her son do a little work on it, relisted it for more money, and has just sent me an e-mail asking for more money, as she has had a better offer, now that it is cleaned up and had a few needed items repaired?

I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, and now she wants $2000 more for it!

She then proceeded to say, that she has sold it to a nice couple for much more money, and it was too bad that I did not want to pay the extra money, therefore I lose?

I have requested my deposit back, but I am figuring that I am most likely out my $200?

I don't understand how people can be so rude and cruel, after all conversations and correspondance appeared to be very upfront and pleasant?
They certainly were from my end!

So, my quest for another Egg continues. My only obstacle is price, and this was quite a good deal, as it did require some work to make her beautiful again.

If anyone knows of any Cheap and Cheerful Eggs for sale, (read, Fixer-upper) please feel free to let me know, lol!

Thanks to all for your kind words over the past week, it was really very much appreciated!

Cheers and a very Happy and Safe New Year to all.
Jake.
Hi Jake, we seem to have quite a few little eggs here in B.C. a couple of months ago. Some of them did need work. They were on Craig's List Vancouver. Want to take a trip?
If not, good luck in your hunting. Marina
Old 12-30-2009, 04:40 PM   #25

Trailer: Scamp
Quote:
Hello Ken:
Well, I guess I am a bit confused?
You mention that i should be happy that I did not buy it, as it was SH.. box, but, you have now posted here about the floor in the 16' Casita you just bought in NC?
It sounds as though YOU have bought it, as you mentioned her name?

Sorry, I am truly NOT trying to be an idiot, but I guess you must be one of the Couple she mentioned in her e-mail to me?

Oh well, I guess someone was going to buy it, if not me?

Good luck with it, and a Happy New Year to you as well.
Regards, Jake.
No jake i did not buy it, i looked at it about the first week of december after someone else passed on it and told me about it. the reason i asked about the flooring in the casita is i know someone who just purchased a 16 ft and the floor is bad in the back of it , that is all. I really don't think she has sold the trailer unless it just has not been picked up yet. I drive by her place everyday on the way home. she has some other campers listed for sale also. she did not tell the truth about it's condition in her posting for sale. hope you find another one , if i hear of any i will let you know. thanks ken
ken spicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:25 PM   #26

Registry
Quote:
No jake i did not buy it, i looked at it about the first week of december after someone else passed on it and told me about it. the reason i asked about the flooring in the casita is i know someone who just purchased a 16 ft and the floor is bad in the back of it , that is all. I really don't think she has sold the trailer unless it just has not been picked up yet. I drive by her place everyday on the way home. she has some other campers listed for sale also. she did not tell the truth about it's condition in her posting for sale. hope you find another one , if i hear of any i will let you know. thanks ken
Thank you very much ken, I really appreciate your reply!
This whole process with her has been a bit draining, and I guess I just
don't know what she is up to?

Have great New Year, Jake
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM   #27

Trailer: 1984 U-Haul / 02 Mazda pick up
Ida could be in deep kimshe if she stiffed someone with mafia connections.

Would serve her right.
Bud Kennedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:29 PM   #28

Trailer: 2007 Casita
THAT OLD BAG!

Sorry Jake that she didn't turn out to be as nice as you thought. I actually would pursue my deposit, I know it's a pain in the rear, but if the old bag is who GregA thinks it is, there will be a lot of people suckered into her scam.

I totally agree it's her karma, and I hope she chokes on it!

You will find another one, so hang on. Just the "right" trailer hasn't come along yet.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:35 PM   #29

Trailer: 1985 U-Haul CT13 / 1990 Chevy S10 PU
Quote:
Oh Dear, me Sad!

Well, after being very excited about my New/Used Casita purchase, it appears that after agreeing a price, sending a deposit, and planning my road trip to pick it up next week, the current owner decided to have her son do a little work on it, relisted it for more money, and has just sent me an e-mail asking for more money, as she has had a better offer, now that it is cleaned up and had a few needed items repaired?

I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, and now she wants $2000 more for it!

She then proceeded to say, that she has sold it to a nice couple for much more money, and it was too bad that I did not want to pay the extra money, therefore I lose?

I have requested my deposit back, but I am figuring that I am most likely out my $200?

I don't understand how people can be so rude and cruel, after all conversations and correspondance appeared to be very upfront and pleasant?

So, my quest for another Egg continues. My only obstacle is price, and this was quite a good deal, as it did require some work to make her beautiful again.

If anyone knows of any Cheap and Cheerful Eggs for sale, (read, Fixer-upper) please feel free to let me know, lol!

Thanks to all for your kind words over the past week, it was really very much appreciated!

Jake.
Classic Scam!!!!!
You need to contact the Carolina AG AT ONCE as this trailer has probably already been listed else. In the future only pay on line with PayPal. You will be insured and they will follow up a scam.
Eric
Eric Nelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 06:44 PM   #30

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
I cannot believe people, I have e-mail copies of our confirmed sale, couriered her the deposit, ...
Jake.
Jake, I work in the transportation business, but not small package deliveries. Check with the courier... they should have a delivery receipt and maybe a signed delivery receipt at that... follow up with the Attorney General in the seller's state to get your deposit back. There are laws that will protect you and future buyer's of this individual's trailers, etc. But first the AG needs to know it's happening. You may not be the first, but we'd all like to see you be the last to have this problem

Best of luck
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:46 AM   #31

Trailer: Former Burro owner and fan!
Registry
if you paid via paypal or with any credit card, you can do a chargeback. 99.9% of the time, they side with the buyer and will suck the money back out of her account without her being able to do a thing about it.

Gina D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:34 PM   #32

Registry
Quote:
Oh Dear, me Sad!

Jake.

Well Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am pleased and alot surprised to say, that a courier just came by, and Low and Behold!

A FedEx envelope, no note, or letter, just 4 somewhat used $50 bills!

Yup, my Deposit was returned to me, and way quicker than I expected, hoped for, or even expected at all!

SO, I believe that as 2 people mentioned to me, she was just a very unusual person????

Therefore, I am really pleased, and happy to put this post to bed, and look back on it........
No, no looking back, it's just done!

There is a wonderful New Year ahead of us, and new opportunities!

Thanks again to ALL, for your comments, suggestions and encouragement,
it really is wonderful group of Eggers here!

I'll keep looking, and get back to you!

Cheers, and a very Happy New Year to everyone!
Jake
Old 12-31-2009, 02:42 PM   #33

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
Way to go Jake - Now who say's there ain't no Santa Claus? He's just running a bit late this year!
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 07:57 PM   #34

Trailer: 1981 13 ft Scamp / Nissan Titan
Excellent news Jake. I'm pleased that the NC Scammers don't appear to be back operational and she was just a goofy seller.

Happy New Year and you'll get one in 2010.
2015 Escape 19 & 1997 Scamp 19
Greg A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM   #35

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Way to go Jake - Now who say's there ain't no Santa Claus? He's just running a bit late this year!
Hi: Al & Cindy K... I think it was Groucho Marx who said " There ain't no Sanity Clause"
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #36

Registry
Hi everyone:

Thanks again, for the input, much appreciated!

Well, I was actually considering the used fixer-upper 84 Casita in Waco, and e-mailed the seller, but I was too late, it sold through Craigslist, before the e-bay listing ended?

My search continues, and it's kinda fun, and a real challenge!

I know there is an EGG whith my name on it, just around the corner, lol!

All the best everone, for a wonderful New Year!

Cheers, Jake.

Tags
casita