ParkLiner waste water leak - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2014, 10:46 AM   #61

Name: bob
Trailer: 1996 Casita 17 Spirit Deluxe; 1946 Modernistic teardrop
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Bob, you can borrow my F150 if ya need it. It's just sitting around, as I bought a new-to-me 2011 Fiesta a few weeks ago that gets 40mpg! F150 is set up to tow too, just fill it with gas when you're done.

Frank
Frank; that is the nicest offer ever and I really appreciate it. I get nervous using other peoples stuff so I'll pass on it. The Casita is in Syracuse and even though the sellers are camping friends their schedule is too busy for them to deliver it. Here's a little story that caused me to think of you, and I hope you get a laugh out of it. We bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab with the hemi engine. Waiting for a check to come from my 401 to partially pay for it. The deal was the dealer would install the brake controller, a Dodge item that is a direct plug in and a spot in the dash to mount it. This morning the salesman called, there's a problem, my truck isn't wired for the factory plug & play controller even though it has the 7 pin plug. But they can install some other brand controller for the same price but it won't fit the stock location. I was sweating for a minute thinking now what, but it looks like it will work out. I told him just don't wire tie it to the steering column, LOL. Did you ever resolve the controller issue with the Escape?
mary and bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:50 AM   #62

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Frank; that is the nicest offer ever and I really appreciate it. I get nervous using other peoples stuff so I'll pass on it. The Casita is in Syracuse and even though the sellers are camping friends their schedule is too busy for them to deliver it. Here's a little story that caused me to think of you, and I hope you get a laugh out of it. We bought a 2012 Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab with the hemi engine. Waiting for a check to come from my 401 to partially pay for it. The deal was the dealer would install the brake controller, a Dodge item that is a direct plug in and a spot in the dash to mount it. This morning the salesman called, there's a problem, my truck isn't wired for the factory plug & play controller even though it has the 7 pin plug. But they can install some other brand controller for the same price but it won't fit the stock location. I was sweating for a minute thinking now what, but it looks like it will work out. I told him just don't wire tie it to the steering column, LOL. Did you ever resolve the controller issue with the Escape?
I haven't had a chance to get back to the Escape, but hope to over the winter. If I didn't have so many other things that needed to get fixed (wastewater tank isn't the only thing - ATV motor needs some helicoils in the block, log splitter quit running), I'd offer to drive over to Syracuse tomorrow and get it. Just put all new shocks on, new u-joints, all new brakes, new tires, only 112,000 miles on it!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 08:04 AM   #63

New York
This morning I went inside the trailer to remove fittings. On the right side I just had to remove a clamp and convince the hose to come off a barbed fitting, but on the right it was a bit more complicated, with 1-1/2" ABS coming in on top and the hose underneath. First I removed the hose, then figured if I cut 1/2 way on the pipe between fittings I could put a coupler in when I get everything done. So I get my saw in there and cut the pipe in the middle and when I'm done, surprise, surprise, the pipe falls out of the fitting. Shouldn't it be glued?

Here's what I mean - after cutting from the inside:

Here's a pic after removal showing the 1/2 of the pipe and the fitting it went into. No glue at all, just loose. Is that common, or just another ParkLiner thing?

Got my tank all cleaned up and ready to patch. These two shots show the crack from above and below.

I'm also winterizing the trailer, and thought this would be a good idea!

That's it for now. Got other stuff to do, and run out sometime today to NAPA for acetone and Lowe's for ABS fittings and glue if I can find it.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2014, 09:08 AM   #64
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
Frank
My PL is in my storage shed for the winter but I was able to crawl under it a bit to look at the tank for you. The ones they use now are not custom as mine is a simple rectangular shape. I was able to find a mfg sticker still in place for Icondirect.com. If your patch is unsuccessful you may want to look these guys up as the tanks run from $130 to around $300 depending on what fits your configuration.
The strap clamp seems to be quite different that what you show as well but I can not quite get to it for pictures.
Good luck and I hope this information is not needed!
Sid
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:11 AM   #65

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Casita uses mineralacs supported by threaded rod. The pipe hangs below the trailer frame
Scamp uses a metal strap but they have a block between the frame and the discharge pipe that is curved in the shape of the pipe for stability. The other difference is my Scamps grey water tank & discharge pipe is the tank does not have the built in outside sleeve for the discharge pipe to fit into that Franks trailers tank has and what seems to have failed.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 09:12 AM   #66

New York
Thanks Sid. Funny you say your tank is stock. I sent Chandler a pic of mine and he said that is what they're using now!

Icondirect is where I'm getting the heavy duty "glue" stuff. I see they sell tanks and I thought about that, but I'd really like to figure this out so I don't have to install inlets on top. Right now they're right where they need to be. I'm still trying to figure out how to put it back together so it comes out easy. More to come.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-01-2014, 09:16 AM   #67
Sid

Wisconsin
If you need more info or if it would be of any help let me know before snow flies an I will pull it out of storage for detailed pictures.
Sid
Old 11-01-2014, 11:46 AM   #68

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Odd..... My Parkliner is 003 and i have a rectangular tank not L shaped....odd

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 01:42 PM   #69

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Odd..... My Parkliner is 003 and i have a rectangular tank not L shaped....odd
I think Chandler can be very misleading...

No ABS at all at Lowe's, but did buy a couple 1-1/2" rubber connectors. Will continue the search.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #70

New York
No ABS around Albany NY whatsoever. I was able to buy the threaded plastic bushings I needed for the hose barbs at a local plumbing supply. It was funny - the guy at the counter noticed right away that the the pipe had not been glued to the fixture (see the 2nd pic in post #63 above), and was shaking his head and laughing. Looks like about the only place I can get everything I need (or want to try) in ABS is this place: Plumbing Supplies, Fire Sprinkler Supplies, Fittings, PVC, ABS, Copper, Fire Sprinkler Fittings, Accessories They're in Southern California, but their phone message box has not been set up yet. ?

Maybe tomorrow.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-03-2014, 08:04 PM   #71

New York
Frank; did you try McMaster Carr. I did a quick look and they have a good selection. I think they are in NJ. I have ordered from them many times. If I order in the morning I usually receive the items next day by UPS. They have a catalog similar to Grainger, but in my opinion they have more stuff. Take a look.
Old 11-03-2014, 08:13 PM   #72

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary and bob View Post
Frank; did you try McMaster Carr. I did a quick look and they have a good selection. I think they are in NJ. I have ordered from them many times. If I order in the morning I usually receive the items next day by UPS. They have a catalog similar to Grainger, but in my opinion they have more stuff. Take a look.
Doesn't look like they have the weird stuff I need Bob. I want a couple street fittings on both sides of the trailer that I can hook to the tank with short rubber couplers such that I could easily remove the tank again if necessary. Vent elbows street and sanitary tees street are hard toi find in one place along with a vent elbow and coupler. Also, this place has heavy duty ABS glue, which seems to be hard to find as well. I want to get everything from one place if possible. Heavens knows I've looked enough.

I've got weird stainless steel in the past from McMaster Carr, so I'm familiar with them. Thanks for the suggestion!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-03-2014, 08:58 PM   #73

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
How can Parkliner have problems like this when it is such a new trailer. I bought a 1981 Trillium that has a black tank leak. Now this trailer is 33 years old and I would expect it.
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:03 PM   #74

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2015 Scamp 13 Front Washroom, Van Camper
New Brunswick
Oh oh incoming

Sent from my XT1028 using Fiberglass RV mobile app
Briantb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 09:06 PM   #75

New York
Frank; I'm sure you thought of this but I'll mention it anyway, FW Webb. The shop I worked at in Pittsfield is now a plumbing supply place and there is another almost across the dead end street there but I don't know the names. Another place in Great Barrington MA that I've been to years ago that I also can't remember the name. Big help aren't I !!
EDIT, just remembered, you need to have an account for that place in GB. How about Herringtons in Hillsdale NY, they are a big hardware & lumber company, one of our lease companies back when I worked.
Old 11-03-2014, 09:14 PM   #76

New York
Chuck; I think Frank got a monday morning or friday afternoon built trailer. If you haven't seen one, they are nicely designed and functional inside. A very attractive unit as we have been in one. I think the problem is too much time went into that aspect of it and not enough into the mechanics of it plus maybe poor or rushed assembly procedures. Hopefully they learn from this and make some corrections as they are a nice trailer.
Old 11-03-2014, 10:42 PM   #77
Sid

Wisconsin
Bob
I agree and as a fellow Parkliner owner I can tell you that there are a number of improvements in #75 that are apparently lacking in #6. From what I can tell assembly procedures, components, and even quality control have all been improved. I truly believe that this is due to not only the maturing of a product but also the diligence of owners like Thom, Deryk, Frank and other early adopters who work with the company and when necessary make their voice heard.
I thank them for the trailer I now own and enjoy.
Old 11-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #78

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Bob I have seen a real Parkliner in person and yes they look nice. But why do they have so many problems post after post. Escape Trailers are producing new models every year and don't have these many defects in one model.
Chuck
FTTRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 04:21 AM   #79

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTRV View Post
How can Parkliner have problems like this when it is such a new trailer. I bought a 1981 Trillium that has a black tank leak. Now this trailer is 33 years old and I would expect it.
What I know happened and what the folks at ParkLiner would say is that #006 was in an accident. The previous owners had not owned it long, but on maybe their first trip someone forgot to secure the ball mount with a pin. The took off and at some point the trailer did too. When we bought it, there were subtle signs, i.e. bent safety chain anchoring bolts, and different hubs from one side to the other. Over time I learned the story, but it did not bother me, other than the folks at ParkLiner used it as an excuse for every problem I had!

I think it's more than reasonable to attribute this crack in the wastewater tank to that incident, but who knows? It is what it is, and I'm in the process of fixing it.

As most of you know, I am not a fan of the company, but we do love our trailer. It has design features you will not find in other trailer the same size. Once I get a few more problems taken care of, we'll be on good shape.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 11-04-2014, 04:48 AM   #80

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
What I know happened and what the folks at ParkLiner would say is that #006 was in an accident. The previous owners had not owned it long, but on maybe their first trip someone forgot to secure the ball mount with a pin. The took off and at some point the trailer did too. When we bought it, there were subtle signs, i.e. bent safety chain anchoring bolts, and different hubs from one side to the other. Over time I learned the story, but it did not bother me, other than the folks at ParkLiner used it as an excuse for every problem I had!

I think it's more than reasonable to attribute this crack in the wastewater tank to that incident, but who knows? It is what it is, and I'm in the process of fixing it.

Frank
Frank, this is the first I've heard of an accident to 006. It could have easily caused the tank problem because of the sudden and violent movements in an accident. It's the weak link thing you know. Different hubs ? Didn't you have tire rubbing problems too ? If the original owner took it to some other place for repairs or did them themselves, well I can see why the factory wouldn't want to be responsible for repairs. That would be the same for any product.
Some of the other issues you've had as I remember, I would chalk up to a learning curve for the design and build as your's is pretty much first off the line. Just my thoughts on it Frank for what its worth. Once you've got things squared away enjoy it.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner