Where to store the stinky slinky in a Parkliner? - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 09:28 PM   #61

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Hmmmm.
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:51 PM   #62

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Thanks Frank, I was just wondering if I should expect it to fall apart while I was using it.
If its one of the inexpensive light weight ones then you may want to be careful not to drag it across rough ground as it my spring a leak... which is why many here have gone to using a bit heavier slinky hose. The RinoFlex hose is another pretty popular hose. Its the one I ended up with after having gone through a couple of lighter weight/cheaper hoses in very short order. The nice thing about the RinoFlex is it compacts up nicely so you can store a longer hose in the holder than the standard cheaper/lighter hoses.

BTW - Nice work Frank. It looks good.
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:26 AM   #63

New York
That RhinoFlex hose with the link posted is the same one I just built that new fence post holder for. Much better quality than the one Parkliner provides.

Thanks Carol!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-16-2015, 05:39 AM   #64

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Thanks Carol and Frank, I will look into this, I am thinking it couldn't get much worse than having that hose fall apart while using it. YIKES…..
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 05:47 AM   #65

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat in Michigan View Post
Thanks Carol and Frank, I will look into this, I am thinking it couldn't get much worse than having that hose fall apart while using it. YIKES…..
These things are not expensive Pat, and make life so much easier when traveling. Come on over, and I'll put a fence post on your battery cover.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-27-2016, 02:43 PM   #66

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: 13 ft 2005 Scamp Deluxe; 2002 Subaru V6 Outback
Oregon
Stinky Slinky Sad; I made a similar slinky holder similar to Carol's & Frank's photos while my 2005 13 ft Scamp was in storage. As I had bolted the clasp holder to the edge of the cap, I had to make some cutouts on the holder so the cap would fit - not an easy job to make these: [ . Cut the post to 6" shorter than trailer width, glued one end cap (mistake - should have seen Frank's post). Picked up the trailer at tire store who was going to lift the trailer so I could crawl under to position my shiny white new slinky holder....big surprise!!....there was absolutely NO place to position or secure it under the trailer, unless I drilled holes in cross frame, and I'm not about to weaken the frame.

Plan B - So onto Frank's idea of bolting it to the battery lid...unfortunately the lid is secure by a webbed belt that buckles on top of the lid...so no way to secure lid to battery box, unless I took off the gas canister. And no room behind the battery box. Can't put the battery box on top of the slinky holder, it's too heavy, and no room between battery box and gas tank to even put your hands to secure the battery lid from the front.

Plan C- Attach to top of rear bumper...no room below spare tire.

Plan D - Somehow attach to end of rear bumper - would crunch & self-destruct at impact with a concrete barrier or another vehicle.

Plan E - Drink a couple of margaritas and do what??? There's gotta be a way to use my "slinky creation".

Suggestions GREATLY APPRECIATED!
M Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 08:00 AM   #67

Name: Bill&Laura
Trailer: 1988 Bigfoot Fiver
Kentucky
Registry
Redneck Hilarious!

I love this idea. (Bet Laura won't let me do it...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Fill the holes with marine epoxy and then cover with bullet decals!
Old 05-31-2016, 09:06 AM   #68

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Bill those decals would look 10,000% better than that horrible STINKY slinky tube on the front (IMHO)
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 09:32 AM   #69

Name: Jon
Trailer: Escape 21C
New York
Registry
I added a couple of 5" fence posts under the back of my Escape, one for the sewer hose & the other for a folding ladder. I used a eye bolt & short bungee cords for the sewer cover, but the later added ladder storage one has a spring clip:
Attached Thumbnails
JON_1148.jpg  
Jon Vermilye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 10:20 AM   #70

Name: Lynn
Trailer: 2019 Escape 21C, NTU April 2022 (was 2013 Casita Spirit Deluxe 17)
Massachusetts
Our 2013 NTU (New To Us) Casita 17 has the hollow rear bumper for the slinky, as you see on the stickbuilts; was that an available option? The PO had bought a 15' Rinoflex slinky, which he gave us us, brand new in the box. It just barely fits in the bumper tube; I worry that it's going to pop off the rubber insert covers that you push in to 'lock'. So I need to either lengthen the bumper, or find some way to make sure the covers don't come off on the road.

Suggestions? Also there's one piece that doesn't fit; the multi-size sewer-hole adapter, so I guess I'll have to find somewhere to store it. Wish the Casita had an outside storage compartment like a lot of the stickies do.

/Mr Lynn

"Hillbilly at Harvard"—Honky-tonk Country and Bluegrass
Mr Lynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2016, 12:59 PM   #71

Name: Marilyn
Trailer: 13 ft 2005 Scamp Deluxe; 2002 Subaru V6 Outback
Oregon
Lucky you, Jon,

I think the Escape trailers are higher off the ground and the longer trailer has definitely more room for the fence posts. I'm still waiting for suggestions from 13 footer Scampers who have successfully installed these slinky holders unerneath.
M Scott is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner