New (to me) Parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2015, 04:52 PM   #1

Name: Sandra
Trailer: ParkLiner #000
North Carolina
New (to me) Parkliner

Hello,
I finally have a Parkliner sitting in my driveway. I have been looking at them for a couple of years, and found someone who wanted to sell. I am looking forward to reading through the modifications, and determining which to begin first.

Sandra
SandraT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:01 PM   #2

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Good for you Sandra! We love ours. Got trips planned throughout the summer, and will end up on the seashore in Delaware the week of Labor Day. We're already planning at least a week on the ocean in South Carolina next April.

Enjoy!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #3

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Congrats from another Tarheel (although transplanted so I might not be legal ...
Those Parkliners sure look nice, but I had to rule them out because of the weight. Wish I had a bigger tug!
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #4

New York
Weight? They're 2100#s dry, at least that's what the factory says.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-13-2015, 05:40 PM   #5

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
opps.. I meant cost.. ; )
Actually I see the web site says 2300 lbs. dry weight, and that's 300 more than I wanted to start with.. anyway all I am saying is its a nice trailer.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:22 PM   #6

Name: Tab
Trailer: ParkLiner
Tennessee
SandraT - Glad that u have a PL. love mine! Since October, we've taken at least three 400+mile week long trips to the gulf coast and many, many long weekend trips to the mountains of Tennessee, Georgia and North Carolina. I'm headed back to the Pisgah National forest soon for a weekend of of mountain biking!
Roadie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 11:00 PM   #7
Sid

Name: Sid
Trailer: Parkliner 2014
Wisconsin
So happy for you Sandra! We picked ours up last April and put over 5000 miles under it before snow fell. We are on our way to the Grand Canyon and are still just as happy with it as when we 1st picked it up! Your gonna love it!
Again Congrats!
Sid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 04:17 AM   #8

North Carolina
Hi Roadie1,

The Apps are a great place for adventure, that's for sure. Most of my childhood camping was in and around Gatlinburg, and many of my summers were spent with my grandparents at Watauga Lake. I am sure the ParkLiner will visit some of my old haunts.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:20 AM   #9

North Carolina
Sid,
Every summer, we escape the humidity and head for Idaho. On the return trip, we tend to burn up the road as quickly as possible, so I'm not sure whether the ParkLiner will go with us this year - but maybe.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:23 AM   #10

North Carolina
Frank,
The coast just might be our first trip, or maybe Stone Mountain State Park (NC), which is a beautiful park, and a short drive.
Old 05-14-2015, 04:26 AM   #11

North Carolina
Gordon,
I sprouted from the dirt in TN, so technically, I too am a transplant. I have orange, light blue, and State Red blood running through my veins.
Old 05-14-2015, 06:07 AM   #12

Name: Pat
Trailer: Parkliner
Michigan
Congrats Sandra, I love my Parkliner, I got her last September and am hoping to use her a lot this year.
Pat in Michigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:24 PM   #13

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Congratulations, Sandra. A week ago we finished our almost maiden voyage in our Parkliner with a 2000 mile trip from eastern NC to FL and back. Had a few glitches, but nothing too bad. The camper was a dream to use. I am so glad we bought it!

For the trip, We added a Swagman bike rack to the rear, which sticks out a bit, and found that sway on uneven pavement was a problem. (The bikes are not lightweights!) Adjusting the weight in the camper (more tongue weight) and van (less weight in the rear) made travel quite stable, but since we will take bikes often, we decided to add a sway bar for safety.

Can't wait for our next trip!

-- Anne
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 01:28 PM   #14

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
For the trip, We added a Swagman bike rack to the rear, which sticks out a bit, and found that sway on uneven pavement was a problem. (The bikes are not lightweights!) Adjusting the weight in the camper (more tongue weight) and van (less weight in the rear) made travel quite stable, but since we will take bikes often, we decided to add a sway bar for safety.
Anne, do you have dual propane tanks and dual batteries mounted up front? If so, you still had sway with the Swagman and bikes on the back?

We haven't used ours on the trailer yet, and I've been wondering how it would go, as without it, the trailer tows like a dream!

Thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-15-2015, 04:43 AM   #15

Name: Anne
Trailer: 2014 Parkliner 2016 Honda Pilot
North Carolina
Frank, we do have dual tanks and batteries up front. It towed fine -- a little bouncy, but very tolerable -- on smooth pavement, but not when we hit a rough stretch with very uneven pavement. I added a cooler and suitcase to the font bath (probably about 40 lbs) and it felt very smooth, but we didn't have any rough pavement after that. FYI, we tow with a Honda Odyssey.

-- Anne

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
neparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 04:53 AM   #16

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by neparker View Post
Frank, we do have dual tanks and batteries up front. It towed fine -- a little bouncy, but very tolerable -- on smooth pavement, but not when we hit a rough stretch with very uneven pavement. I added a cooler and suitcase to the font bath (probably about 40 lbs) and it felt very smooth, but we didn't have any rough pavement after that. FYI, we tow with a Honda Odyssey.

-- Anne
I bet we have different axles Anne, but I'm no expert. All I know is that there was a lot of experimentation with axles over the last couple years, and maybe that makes a difference. Nonetheless, I very much appreciate your getting back to me. We need to do as you did, loading heavier items towards the front to balance the weight of our rack and bikes and see how it goes.

Having pulled lots of trailers over the years, I have not pulled one that towed this well. I don't want to lose that!

Thank you. Enjoy that new Parkliner!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-15-2015, 07:34 AM   #17

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Welcome aboard!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 06:19 AM   #18

North Carolina
Frank & Anne,
Except for pointing one out, and knowing its function, I know nothing of axles. However, I did know enough to look for evidence of tire rub, and then talk to Chandler about tire rub. I asked Chandler why the unit had no evidence of tire rub, to which he replied, "because it (#000) never had the issue." He went on to explain that regardless of his request of tires and axles and made to spec, the combination of different manufacturers and materials just didn't measure up (my pun, not his).

Tags
parkliner