"Peel-n-Stick" products in a Boler - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2018, 01:41 PM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 1979 Boler1700
Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
How did you attach the plywood to the wall?
It isn't attached to the wall. I had the counter top off so I was able to tuck the top behind the upper cabinet and rest the bottom on the lower cabinet. then it got pinched in place when I installed the new counter top.
ststefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #22

Name: Nancy
Trailer: boler
British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
It isn't attached to the wall. I had the counter top off so I was able to tuck the top behind the upper cabinet and rest the bottom on the lower cabinet. then it got pinched in place when I installed the new counter top.

Thankyou, I am also going to tuck the arborite up a little behind the top cabinets and in behind the lowers. I am planning on using an automotive spray adhesive on the back of the arborite for some added bonding.
Nancy F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 05:30 PM   #23

Name: bill
Trailer: 2013 Escape 19
The Mountains of North Carolina
Registry

+10 the click together 100% waterproof floating vinyl flooring is pretty nice. I did the main floor in th Trillium today, I’ve got the dinette area and trim left to do. I removed old carpet and knocked the high spots off the original fiberglass floor. Cleaned up a couple of areas with acetone and green scrub pad where the old glue would show.

I got the Shaw branded stuff at Lowes.

I believe the Allure branded stuff is water resistant not water proof. I think it is because of the glue on it.
thrifty bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 03:49 AM   #24

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy F View Post
Thankyou, I am also going to tuck the arborite up a little behind the top cabinets and in behind the lowers. I am planning on using an automotive spray adhesive on the back of the arborite for some added bonding.

Tried the automotive spray adhesive on both ensolite and back of arborite it did not work. It seemed to hold in some places but not a solid adhesion, didn't think it would be strong enough to hold the peel and stick tiles. The arborite pulled off without much difficulty even after 48 hours. Now to figure out something different.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:04 AM   #25

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
I glued the arborite to some 1/4 inch plywood. It sits on top of the frame for the lower cabinets and is tucked under the upper cabinets. I had the countertop removed to do this.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:01 AM   #26

British Columbia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ststefan View Post
I glued the arborite to some 1/4 inch plywood. It sits on top of the frame for the lower cabinets and is tucked under the upper cabinets. I had the countertop removed to do this.

Thank you , I did see your information earlier. I am concerned a little about the thickness as I am not removing the window above the stove. The original counter has a lip that comes up about an inch, I did tuck the arborite down behind it, did the same at the top, this was a little tricky when trying to remove the arborite. I am wondering if I an cut away the ensolite and glue right to the fiberglass, or would this casue sweating/condensation in the area.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #27

Maple Ridge, B.C.
Registry
It might cause sweating. The walls under the ensolite is quite rough. The tiles might not stick too well.

Tags
boler