ON 2019 Ontario Bolerama - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-12-2019, 01:03 PM   #1

Name: Rob
Trailer: 1977 Boler Trailer
Ontario
2019 Ontario Bolerama

July 5,6, & 7th Long Beach Conservation Campground. Wainfleet, Ontario, Canada - Ontario's longest running molded fibreglass trailer gathering. 19th. https://bolertrailerhistory.ca/bolerama-events-2019
Attached Files
This video is currently processing...
Robsheele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 08:18 PM   #2

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Tempting, But, it looks like there are no hookups. Part of the place appears to be for seasonal RVs Otherwise it's all parking for the beach???
Are there at least electric sites available? Water? dump station?
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 04:10 PM   #3

Name: Gary
Trailer: Uhaul
Pennsylvania
INterested
Russ514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 06:48 PM   #4

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500 (plus 2 Rhodesian Ridgebacks)
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post
Tempting, But, it looks like there are no hookups. Part of the place appears to be for seasonal RVs Otherwise it's all parking for the beach???

Wayne, there are serviced sites for those that need that, with water and a dump station. AND unserviced group camping for those of us that are self-sufficient boon dockers. And easy walking between the two.
Access to showers forces group campers to visit the serviced area and in return, the serviced site folks come to visit the rest of us for Saturday BBQ and beach access.

Something for everyone. [emoji6]
Carol Ann in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 07:28 PM   #5

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Bolerama

We'll keep it in mind. 'twood be fun to join y'all.
wc
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:13 PM   #6

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne Collins View Post

Yes Wayne there is.

Rob really should have posted a direct link to the event page; directing people to his website first only further confuses things. OTOH it does increase his website statistics.

Here is the direct link: Bolerama 2019

Fred (the organizer) has posted instructions on how to reserve an electrical site on the link I just provided. I've posted detailed instructions in the prior event link.

Essentially Long Beach Conversation Area has online reservable sites through the Conservation Authority system: https://npca.ca/parks/long-beach/
Use that to get maps of the Campground and what services are available on each reservable site.

I you want to reserve a serviced site for the event Do not use the NCPA online reservation system. The campground marks all the sites they put aside for the event as unavailable on their online reservation system. (Essentially they are doing a manual workaround of the automated system) Pick a couple of sites and call the Park Office number provided on this page starting in early April.

It is a small campground. They have an additional camping area across the street that usually houses a number of campers attending the event. Everything is within walking distance.

TL;DR version ... Let Fred know you are coming so he can approximate food requirements for the BBQ. Then show up if you want to camp in the fields (cheaper). If you want to reserve a serviced site call the campground office starting in April, mention bolerama and they will put your name & site # on their manual "in office" event reservation clipboard.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 06:19 AM   #7

Name: Ashley
Trailer: Boler
Ontario
1st time

Hey, we are Ashley and Dave, who have just purchased their 1st Boler. We would love to attend the Bolarama party.

We look forward to meeting fellow enthusiast. Now the pressure is on to finish our trailer project before July. lol

x
Ashley Lakefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:06 AM   #8

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
Hi Roy
Don’t know if we will make this meet or not but hope to. I see the autocorrect has given me an inspiration for an new kind of park.
“The Conversation area” of couse that’s pretty much every area for me.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:07 PM   #9

Name: Gary
Trailer: Uhaul
Pennsylvania
I've talked the wife into coming. Looking forward to it.
Russ514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #10

Trailer: 2007 19 ft Escape 5.0 / 2002 GMC (1973 Boler project)
Registry
Send a message via Yahoo to Alf S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowa Dave View Post
Hi Roy
Don’t know if we will make this meet or not but hope to. I see the autocorrect has given me an inspiration for an new kind of park.
“The Conversation area” of couse that’s pretty much every area for me.
Iowa Dave
Hi: Iowa Dave... Looks like we have to give it a pass again this year. We'll be on the right coast with the Vintage folks then on to "The Rock" for 3 weeks. Getting practiced up on my language. "Stay where you're at and I'll come where you're to"!!! Need to get some see legs for the fairy ride and some fish sauce for the "Cods tongue".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Alf S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 05:08 PM   #11

Name: Dave
Trailer: 2013Escape 21
Iowa
We went two years ago. There were about 106 trailers I think they said. We went without reservation and stayed in the field.
If you have a roadworthy trailer, don’t hesitate to go. People like to see your “in progress” project and there are some very, very smart folks there who can give you pointers that will save you time and money.
Lots of bolers there.
Iowa Dave
Iowa Dave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 08:10 PM   #12

Trailer: 1972 Boler American and 1979 Trillium 4500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley Lakefield View Post
Hey, we are Ashley and Dave, who have just purchased their 1st Boler. We would love to attend the Bolarama party.

We look forward to meeting fellow enthusiast. Now the pressure is on to finish our trailer project before July. lol

Don't worry about finishing it. You might leave bolerama thinking of what you could have or should have done. There are as many ideas as trailers.

We still had duct tape covering the hole in the roof for our first bolerama. I was actually working on it during the meet to get ready for a trip out East a few weeks later. It's been 13 years now and I'm still not finished.

Some years, would could not make bolerama for camping. We still tried to make it for a day trip and the group BBQ. Looking forward to meeting new people and seeing old, I mean long time friends.
Roy in TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:21 PM   #13
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Agree with Roy ,no trophies or judgments here just a lot of like minded people willing to share there ideas on restoring your trailer
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #14

Name: Walter
Trailer: 2017 Escape 17B
SW Virginia
Enjoyed it last year and plan on it again this year. Dry camping of course.
Looking forward to it.
Saw my first Nest and Happier Camper there last year.

Walt
Old 06-15-2019, 09:01 PM   #15

Name: Larry & Joyce
Trailer: 1974 Trillium 1300
Fergus Ontario
Registry
We're going again, can't wait! Always lots of fun; you make more friends very year. The park itself is kinda small, but that's OK. There's normally something new to see, new makes & models. & the older ones like ours keep increasing in value!
Larry Tenhage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:23 PM   #16

Name: Beth
Trailer: 72 Trillium 1300
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alf S. View Post
Hi: Iowa Dave... Looks like we have to give it a pass again this year. We'll be on the right coast with the Vintage folks then on to "The Rock" for 3 weeks. Getting practiced up on my language. "Stay where you're at and I'll come where you're to"!!! Need to get some see legs for the fairy ride and some fish sauce for the "Cods tongue".
Alf S. North shore of Lake Erie
Oh I hear some Newfie talk there. Im hoping to head to The Rock on my first adventure with my ‘72 Trillium. Still needs some work on stove and water hook ups-previous owner gutted. -Lorelei in Southern Ontario near Brock U.
ReadytoRoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:21 PM   #17

Trailer: U-Haul VT16
Have a full set of trillium cushions, if someone wants them.
Listed on this site, if interested PM me.
mszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 06:11 AM   #18

SW Virginia
Where/what is "The Rock".

Walt
Old 06-27-2019, 08:21 AM   #19
Commercial Member

Name: Mike
Trailer: Boler13/trillium4500/buro13
Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaltP View Post
Where/what is "The Rock".

Walt
Newfoundland I think due to its rocky shores and not it’s music
Mikmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 08:27 AM   #20

SW Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikmay View Post
Newfoundland I think due to its rocky shores and not it’s music
Ah. Thanks. Been there and loved it but not aware of the nickname.

Walt

Tags
boler