Adjustable table for 13' Scamp - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 08:57 PM   #1

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp
Adjustable table for 13' Scamp

Hi
I am a long time 1976 13' Scamp owner.
Reworking the inside and trying to figure out how I can make a new dinette table that could be made smaller then maybe fold out or slide out to be full size and usable either for dining or for lowering for the bed. Have all the working wall and table hardware already.

I am sure someone has done this so was asking you the pros.

Also my Scamp has a 7" top vent and I would like to replace it with same size but can"t find a new 7" cover anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Denise Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
Denise, I made a table like you described, for our 13’ Scamp. If you click on our avitar then go into our albums (there are two) for the mods to our Scamp, you’ll see several pictures with descriptions. Best of luck.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 09:57 PM   #3

Trailer: 1976 13 ft Scamp
Foldable table 13" Scamp

That is exactly what I was thinking but what did you use for slides?
Is it sturdy enougt to lean on with the leg being on the back half?
Denise Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 10:25 PM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet (want 13 ft fiber glass
Registry
The slides were heavy duty drawer slides that I mounted in the reverse direction so the table would remain level as each section pulled out as it was extended. The support leg was mounted as close as possible to the hinge, so the table remained sturdy when opened up fully. I have seen others that used wood as slides in place of the drawer slides that I used.
Dave & Paula
David B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:40 AM   #5

Name: Vicki
Trailer: 2019 Scamp 13' with 2015 Nissan Frontier V6
Alabama
I have a 13' Scamp and I did the same thing as David B. only without the slides. I used 2 pieces of 3/4" plywood cut to 29 3/4" X 15" because I wanted a base to hold a narrow twin foam pad. Attached the 2 pieces of plywood with a piano hinge. It folds and unfolds like a book. When in table-mode, it is a 15" X 29 3/4 table that is big enough for me. It is a bench across the back when left folded and down. When down and unfolded, it is the support for the mattress. No more trying to lift that heavy table up and down!
Vicki Hale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 01:55 PM   #6

Trailer: Scamp 16 ft Side Dinette
Our first trailer was a Scamp 13 Dlx.
I cut down the table then used a piece of countertop that I cut to size and mounted on a post for the table. That piece was lowered to be part of the bed at night. The shortened original table stayed down for the bed. In the morning, we just folded back the bedding to the rear half, moved the cushions to be the seats and backrests for the dinette. Scamp's original backrest cushions had a short section "hinged" to a longer section. We separated those, so the longer parts remain under the bedding, the shorter ones became the backrests.
Wayne Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 03:31 PM   #7

Name: Patricia
Trailer: ECO & Casita
California
Registry
Small table for 13’

I leave my bed made about 99% of the time, but really wanted a table i could use when i wanted, but disappeared if I didn’t. I finally settled on the old style gaucho pole support with a small round wood tabletop from Lowes. It took a bit of figuring to work out a mounting location that would let me get up from the front bunk, walk around the door and closet, without hitting the center frame support under the floor. The bottom socket mounts flush with my carpet, so there is nothing to trip over. I store the pole in the closet when it is not needed, and the tabletop either on or below the bed when traveling. I can stow it away when it is not needed, but gives me a 24” table when i want to do some crafts, eat dinner, wash dishes, or need a cooking prep space.
Pat Stipe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp