burro gravity furnace installation? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2017, 08:20 AM   #1

Name: fred
Trailer: Burro, had aliner
Michigan
burro gravity furnace installation?

Has anyone had any experience installing a gravity furnace (no fan, no electric required) into a Burro? I have a 1978, 13 ft, in pretty rough shape. I am not adverse to the idea of cutting hole into the exterior wall to install the vent for a furnace.
As far as I can tell, Burros did not come from the factory with any type of furnace. If someone knows different, please correct me as this might make my efforts much easier. What kind of furnace do you have in your burro? Where did you mount it, and how did you vent it?
I use this during the winter, need it vented to the outside because of moisture (and of course CO) build up on the inside as is happening now with my "Buddy" heater
Thanks
fred wark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 12:18 PM   #2

Trailer: 2002 19 ft Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
Send a message via Yahoo to Darwin Maring
I cant understand why they went away. They work extremely well. Just make sure you have the required space around the unit so it will not catch anything on fire.
Darwin Maring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2017, 11:00 AM   #3

Name: Eric
Trailer: Burro
North Carolina
I just got my 1972 burro 13' and it has a factory heater..its located by the door under the closet. If you are standing outside the door, it'll be on the left, directly across from the a/c unit. I think its electric. My burro is wired for ac and dc with a flip of a switch.
Attached Thumbnails
20170501_100734.jpg  
erickang411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2017, 08:07 AM   #4

Name: Annie
Trailer: Parkliner
Oregon
I have a 1981 Burro that I just started a restoration. When we purchased the Burro the PO had the heater sitting on a shelf and it looked terrible but i wanted to try and save it since it was original to the trailer. I had almost hiven up hope but then found this website,
http://ventedcatheater.com/6.html
The Cat heaters came orginonal to alot of the Burros. I spoke to Arnie at Cat heaters and he is now in the process of rebuilding my heater for me. He also builds new trailer heaters upon request.
Old 04-21-2018, 09:08 PM   #5

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Just adding to this older thread...
Today I came across a possible alternative to a gravity furnace. It's called a Nu-Way 2000 propane stove. No fan or electricity, and no thermostat per se, but the (12,000 btu max) burner is adjustable from high to low. In an egg, low should be just about right on a cold night. Model 2000 - Nu-Way Stove

The Nu-Way is made in Onaway, MI and they have been used for decades in ice fishing shanties. The flue adjustment helps retain most of the heat in the lower pipe.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nu-Way heater-stove.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	35.6 KB
ID:	118014

Of course, it will take up floor space (9.5"x7" footprint, 15" high) and the 3" vent pipe will take up space as well. But this might work for someone, so I thought I'd mention it. Even with the pipe and all hardware, the whole thing should only cost about $200 or so.... much less than a Dickinson!
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2018, 11:15 PM   #6

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
It will take up floor space, plus the clearances required to walls and ceiling.
Old 04-22-2018, 07:44 AM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
i have seen

fred I have seen pictures here with a remodel they mounted a wave 3 heater on a cabinent door.

might be a possibility for you

bob
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
burro, furnace