New Casita owner from Midland Tx - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2012, 06:15 AM   #1

Name: Arlon
Trailer: 2002 Casita Bunk Delux
Texas
New Casita owner from Midland Tx

Just got a Casita, needs a little work but I needed another summer project anyway.
Odd interior but I think we have a plan to make the bunks work for us. Wish I'd have had this when my kids were little!

arlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 AM   #2

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Arlon, welcome to FiberglassRV. Nice looking trailer. The interior looks standard for the model to me based on the pictures... except for the top bunk rail. What makes this an "Odd interior" do you think?

Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #3

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Hi Arlon, welcome to FiberglassRV. Nice looking trailer. The interior looks standard for the model to me based on the pictures... except for the top bunk rail. What makes this an "Odd interior" do you think?

I've just never run across one with bunks. I've seen a hundred Casitas and they all had a dinette (with moulded or swivel seats) where this one has a full length bunk instead. I can't even find mention of a bunk model on Casitas website. I'm 6'+ and can can stretch out with room to spare on the lower bunk. I'm thinking about widening a little and using the upper bunk for storage. Our plastic storage bins fit up there perfectly.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:13 AM   #4

That's because you have the Spirit Deluxe.. a pretty common model actually. The Freedom Deluxe is the one with the swivel seats. The Liberty Deluxe is the model that converts to a king size bed... or twins. Here's what it says on the Casita Travel Trailer website:
Attached Thumbnails
SpiritDeluxe.jpg  
Old 06-07-2012, 07:35 AM   #5

Texas
Donna, if you look at the Spirit Delux floor plan you will see that the side is a dinette that converts to a single bed (with little storage cabinets above). My trailer has a solid single bed. There is no dinette to drop the table to convert to a bed and no overhead storage cabinets. It's just a bed or a one piece couch with the upper bunk folded down. It's nothing like the Spirit Delux on Casitas website or any of the dozen other Spirit Delux models I've been in.. I see they mention the bunks there but the one we got is just the first one I've ever seen.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:40 AM   #6

Arlon, all I can tell you is we have plenty of members here and even more on the CasitaForum and CasitaClub that have this model.

This is on the image I posted from the Casita website:
"Our alternate floor plan with available top and bottom bunk bed is an equally efficient choice."

On edit: Arlon we have a topic Family Friendly Floor Plans and this is info posted there:

The Casita is a popular trailer, and rightly so. Both the 16 and 17 foot Spirit can easily sleep 3 and the optional side couch/bunk can sleep 4. The side dinette is not available with the optional side couch/bunk and the upper bunk has an 80 pound capacity. The side mounted location of the bunk bed may complicate the screening of that section of the trailer. An exterior shower is available.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #7

Texas
There are tons of Spirit Delux models out there but I think darn few of them were special ordered as "Bunk" models. I think I'd prefer the normal interior like 99.5% of them seem to have. After searching through here and the Casita forum for "bunk" I came up with a few mentions of the bunk model but not anything from anyone that actually seems to own one.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:59 AM   #8

Can you see this post with pictures?

CasitaClub - Bunk Bed Deluxe
Old 06-07-2012, 08:07 AM   #9

Texas
That's interesting. Was there anyone with a bunk model after this was posted in 2004? Interesting to see him call it a "bunk bed Delux" instead of a "Spirit Delux". Makes me wonder if I've been searching for the wrong name. Well that makes at least two of them now! Since he was posting in 04, I wonder if he's still around.. Thanks for finding that one!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:11 AM   #10

You're welcome Arlon, I just didn't want you to think you were some sort of odd ball

Within the last six months there was a Spirit Standard for sale somewhere on the east cost. No bathroom (so not Deluxe) and had bunks front and side. Slept six people. Now that one was... different.

Make tons of memories!
Old 06-07-2012, 08:29 AM   #11

Texas
I could not imagine sleeping 6 people in a Casita! We are coming down from a 28ft 5th wheel so our idea of space may be a little biased. Casita may be tight but it does tow easy behind the Dodge/Cummins.. (-:}
Old 05-23-2013, 06:26 AM   #12

Name: Aaron
Trailer: 2002 Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe
Michigan
I have a bunk model...and it's also a 2002
iplumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 08:01 AM   #13

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by iplumb View Post
I have a bunk model...and it's also a 2002

Never seen another one (in person). We removed the top bunk, it was just in the way for us. Now thinking about adding some storage space near the roof like all the others have.
2006 Xterra MT (for sale)

Tags
casita