Lil Snoozy peek?? - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > General Chat
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-14-2016, 09:03 PM   #21

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Registry
Tesla's come with two outlet adapters, one for a standard household 110v outlet & the second adapter is for a 240v outlet. Other adapters are available for purchase. It is recommended to charge from a 240v outlet as it will charge your Tesla much faster, say overnight. A 110v outlets could take days. Tesla Superchargers can charge a Tesla very fast, from almost empty to almost full, say 20 minutes. The last 30 miles is like filling a bucket with water and the charge slows way down. So it might take another 20 minutes to bring the battery charge to full (rated range of 250 miles). Many RV parks, (campgrounds) have multiple outlets at each pedistal. Tesla owners have been advised to dial back the amp draw by 1/3 to keep from tripping the breaker especially if you are using other outlets for lights and c-pap in the travel trailer. Hope this helps.
ScottieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:55 AM   #22

Name: Charlie
Trailer: 2014 Lil Snoozy
North Carolina
Registry
Please keep us up to date on how the Tesla works out. With very good planning you may be able to travel, at least in some places and get free fuel at the campgrounds. That may work out great in the east but there are vast areas in the west where the CG's are far and few. Here's wishing you Godspeed..

As to the cassette vs tank toilet's there will always be disagreement. It is the same old side door vs back, propane vs electric etc. What works for you may not for me. I like being able to dump nearly anywhere and I have never splashed anything on me. The cassette does not require any special cleaning. After dumping just run a little water in it and dump again, add chemical, job done. You will never have to wait in line a a dump station. If you dump it every couple of days an added benefit is less weight to carry around. Just my additional two cents..
charlsara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 07:40 AM   #23

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
Lil Snoozy video

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottieLV View Post
Hi Tonie,

If you have not seen this video on Lil Snoozy, it does explain the benefits of Optional Thetford Cassette Toilet. My feelings, after having experienced hooking up the dump hose and finding an appropriate dump station this seems much more sanitary. But to each his/her own.

Check out this short youtube video:
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 09:53 AM   #24

Name: SCOTTIE
Trailer: Lil Snoozy on order
Nevada
Registry
Mike asked it this would limit Tesla tow vehicles to campgrounds along major routes or interstates and the answer is YES. Tesla is limited to Superchargers (Mostly found along major interstate highways) and Destination Chargers which are campgrounds and hotels/motels with electric charge stations. These charging stations are increasing monthly.
We will not have the luxury of going out in the boondocks. This is fine with us. On the Thetford Toilet, Wow, that gizmo really sold us, very sanitary and convenient. We were originally looking to buy the Safari Condo, Alto 1713 travel trailer, made in Quebec City, Canada. Very lightweight and teardropped shape. Designed to expand upward at the push of a button. Great little Camper but so popular you have to wait two years to get one. Then we discovered Snoozy. It weighs more and not so aerodynamic but, is more senior friendly. plus somewhat customizable. We decided to risk range anxiety for convienience. Thank you for your kind thoughts.
ScottieLV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 10:27 AM   #25

Name: Toinette
Trailer: 2011 Egg Camper #101, the Abel Egg, pulled by 2019 Nissan PathFinder
Alabama
Registry
I see my message of thanks did not load with the video above. Just wanted to thank Scottie for sharing the video . . . I had looked over the Lil Snoozy site online, and somehow completely missed this video! Thanks for posting it!

Tonie
TWelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 11:01 AM   #26

Name: John
Trailer: Roamer 1
Smith Valley, Nevada
Scottie,

I'm really interested in how the Tesla TV works out and hope we can get more information after you have been running it for a while.

If the normal range of 255 miles is reduced by half when towing and you have to charge from a 120 volt outlet, it seems you might only go about 100 miles and wait 24 hours to charge. In that case very careful planning will be required and you won't be able to make any longer runs on the way home unless you make a route to include Tesla charging stations. Do you plan to make a route that includes only Tesla charging stations, and if so, will that be a scenic route that matches your vacation plans?

Please flow-up with more info on how all of this works out.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #27

Name: Mitzi
Trailer: LilSnoozy 12/01/16, Tug 2012 Dodge Citadel
Florida
Another satisfied Snoozy owner here. Yes, I also liked the Safari from Quebec, but had no idea how to find anyonewho would let me look and give me their rundown on it.
I have disposable gloves in the snoozy for "just in case".I don't think we'll really need them. I don't mind the midnight restroom run in developed campgrounds, we'll see howit goes when we get to boondocking.
Old 12-15-2016, 06:34 PM   #28

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Another satisfied Snoozy owner here. Yes, I also liked the Safari from Quebec, but had no idea how to find anyonewho would let me look and give me their rundown on it.
I have disposable gloves in the snoozy for "just in case".I don't think we'll really need them. I don't mind the midnight restroom run in developed campgrounds, we'll see howit goes when we get to boondocking.

I have been known to dig a hole and empty the cassette when boondocking.

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #29

Florida
Sounds better than searching for the softest moss in the canoe country of NW Ontario! :-)
Old 12-15-2016, 06:53 PM   #30

Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitzi Agnew-Giles View Post
Sounds better than searching for the softest moss in the canoe country of NW Ontario! :-)
TOO MUCH INFORMATION!
How do I get that visual out of my head?
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2016, 04:32 PM   #31

Florida
I dumped our cassete toilet yesterday in my son's motel room. It wasn't even half full after 3 days camping. I had no problem carrying it either
Old 12-26-2016, 04:51 PM   #32

Trailer: Escape 17 ft
Toilet would have been better place to dump it.
Old 12-26-2016, 05:22 PM   #33

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlsara View Post
I have been known to dig a hole and empty the cassette when boondocking.

Just another reason why a sanitary system with a much larger capacity that can be dumped in an appropriate treatment facility is environmentally preferable to a cassette system.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 12-26-2016, 07:22 PM   #34

North Carolina
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPW View Post
Just another reason why a sanitary system with a much larger capacity that can be dumped in an appropriate treatment facility is environmentally preferable to a cassette system.

That sounds really intelligent but is just not so. Burying human waste in small quantities is environmentally sound. That might not be so if it is a large tank.

Old 12-26-2016, 07:27 PM   #35

OK to bury it in your back yard?
Not a problem if there is only you dumping, but what about a thousand campers over the course of a season?
Old 12-26-2016, 07:35 PM   #36

North Carolina
Registry
I can't see where I would need to but why not. If it is buried it is taken care of. That is not really much different than our septic tank system which is buried in the yard. Anyway you can think what you will but for me the cassette is better than carrying around a huge tank of human waste hanging under the trailer. Not having to wait in line at dump stations makes it great for us and no nasty hose to deal with. To each his own....

Old 12-26-2016, 08:15 PM   #37

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2015 Escape 5.0TA
Florida
Registry
Lil Snoozy peek??

Quote:
I can't see where I would need to but why not. If it is buried it is taken care of. That is not really much different than our septic tank system which is buried in the yard. Anyway you can think what you will but for me the cassette is better than carrying around a huge tank of human waste hanging under the trailer. Not having to wait in line at dump stations makes it great for us and no nasty hose to deal with. To each his own....

If the septic tank is working properly, bacteria break down the consumables and sludge sinks to the bottom of the tank to later be pumped and transported to a waste water treatment facility. Only liquid goes to the septic drain field.
Not debating what is preferable for you. And yes, to each his own as long as it is done responsibly and digging a hole and dumping wherever you please is not responsible. As Glenn asked, would you dig a hole and dump it in your own back yard? Don't know why you think it is OK; dumping raw sewage on or in the ground is illegal in most every state in the country. I don't know what your credentials are when it comes to determining what is safe pertaining to sewage disposal. And you stated that I can think what I will. However, I would contend that my 22+ years at an environmental agency working with water and wastewater entities, municipal and private would probably trump your thoughts on what is safe and/or proper to do. I get it that you love your cassette toilet; others dislike and some even hate them. But the bottom line is that they were not designed to be dumped in a hole someone digs in the ground. Boondocking or not, it should be transported to a proper disposal site, even if it is somewhat inconvenient.

Old 12-26-2016, 09:19 PM   #38

North Carolina
Registry
It is funny how Me occasionally digging a hole in the woods has morphed into dumping sewage on the ground in my back yard. Nuf said. The fact remains the cassette system is cleaner , safer and more user friendly than the old big waste tank. Of course that's my opinion 😃

Old 12-26-2016, 09:42 PM   #39

Quote:
It is funny how Me occasionally digging a hole in the woods
Are you going to police the thousands of other people who would do the same, on your advice? You seem to be only thinking of yourself.

Here's hoping we have made progress since the London plague in 1665:

There was no sanitation, and open drains flowed along the centre of winding streets. The cobbles were slippery with animal dung, rubbish and the slops thrown out of the houses, muddy and buzzing with flies in summer and awash with sewage in winter. The City Corporation employed "rakers" to remove the worst of the filth and it was transported to mounds outside the walls where it accumulated and continued to decompose. The stench was overwhelming and people walked around with handkerchiefs or nosegays pressed against their nostrils.[13]
Old 12-26-2016, 10:01 PM   #40

North Carolina
Registry
I can't help but think of old cousin Eddie in the Christmas Vacation movie. Are you going to police everyone who has an RV because someone may do the same. Like the Clinton campaign bus caught dumping into the sewer in Atlanta. I don't advocate anything unsafe. Thousands of hikers and hunters do the same. Some of them don't bother to dig the hole. The National Park service has hundreds of OPEN pit toilets in campgrounds. Just because they have a rubber stamp from some bureaucrat doesn't make it any different. I failed PC 101😄

You can have the last word. Happy New Year..

Tags
lil snoozy