electrical mystery (BF17CB) - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #21

Name: Francois
Trailer: Bigfoot
British Columbia
Registry
last word????

I almost feel bad about going on and on… but this site is so quiet anyway....what the heck?

I measured voltage at "mystery lights" with shore power on and off, batteries connected.....and yes the voltage is indeed different...but that's not saying much because ALL lights are brighter when on shore power (I can trip the breaker back and forth and ALL lights are brighter or dimmer)

this whole thing would be SO much simpler if BF had not routed the wire bundles on the outside of the underseat compartment and THEN installed the water heater over it and so close to the bathroom wall (it’s a CB model) as to make it impossible to follow wire runs visually.
BUT… I can see that the black/white wires (DC or "battery" wires on power center fuse panel) go from the PC to the outside wall then turn towards THE REAR OF THE COACH... as well the black and white combo coming from the batteries and tow vehicle power source are also heading back to the rear at that same spot.

So there is a junction of some sort, somewhere...behind the bathroom and/or fridge area (lovely!) where the two sets of black and white must meet up.....the fridge needs 12V power (it won't come on at all if the batteries are out of the coach...on gas or AC) there is also the propane gas detector in that same area and it's not fused at panel…..and from that spot is where the three lights must get their power from as well

I have looked in the outside fridge compartment…there an AC plug there and there is a block where ONE set of black and white wires are connected……but can’t see any fuse or what looks like light circuit wires…..same goes for looking under the fridge from the inside and the heater area……

I also took a panel off in the overhead compartment by the bathroom wall figuring I’d get a clue as to where the wires were going…(the bathroom light is right close by)….NO LUCK, NOTHING THERE…..LOL
Well, what I do know is that power from the converter/charger takes a rather convoluted trip on it’s way to the batteries….and same goes for the 12V power from the batteries and/or tow vehicle to the fuse panel (when not connected to shore power)

my now “educated” guess is that the 30 amp in-line fuse located just as the wires enter the coach at the front bulkhead is what is protecting that circuit (fridge, LP detector and 3 lights) the rest of the circuits get their power from that same spot and then are further fused at the panel to make trouble shooting easier

clear as mud, or what?.....LOL……thanks again for all the responses and advice

(oh and BTW the “micro” breaker, mentioned earlier, is for a 110 plug in the overhead at the back where a microwave oven is often installed….so it gets it’s own breaker)
Attached Thumbnails
elecr3.jpg   elecr4.jpg  

Franswa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot, electrical