CA SOLD 1989 Bigfoot B17 Great shape! - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2015, 10:36 PM   #21

Name: Jeff
Trailer: Shopping
New Jersey
Great looking trailer. Wish you were closer to me in Jersey.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:52 PM   #22

Name: Gary & Sonja
Trailer: 1989 Bigfoot B17G
California
Registry
Steve,

I added pictures of the beds to the gallery. We slept in the Gaucho bed together. It's cozy for two but weren't tall so it worked out really well for us. We used bedding most of the time on it. I took a picture of the dinette bed. We never used it and I was surprised to see it measured longer than I thought. For one person either would be fine unless you're taller than those sizes.

We often took our 65lb lab along with us and kept a dog mattress under the table.
Old 01-31-2015, 11:54 PM   #23

California
Registry
Thanks! Nice road trip you could have on the way back.
Old 02-01-2015, 12:24 AM   #24

California
Registry
Added a spec sheet i had in the gallery. I thought someone asked about weight. This sheets say 1875 lbs dry weight. Not sure how accurate these were. Pulled easily with a Ford F150.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:12 AM   #25

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
Gary,

Interesting bit of trivia. I took a look at the spec sheet you uploaded and noticed that your trailer was originally sold by Helgeson's in Seattle. My 1989 Deluxe model Bigfoot 17 came from there as well. Here's a pic of the Helgeson's sticker that was on the front of the trailer before I removed it.

I bought my BF from the original owner in Alaska, who must have bought it in Seattle and shipped or towed it up. I wonder if Helgeson's was a big player for Bigfoot in the 80s?

Cheers!

Mike
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_6371_helgesons.jpg  
Old 02-01-2015, 02:12 PM   #26

California
Registry
Forgot to add bed measurements,

Gaucho 76 x 44

Dinette 80 x 44
Old 02-01-2015, 02:15 PM   #27

California
Registry
Thanks for that bit of info!
Old 02-03-2015, 09:29 AM   #28

Name: Nikki
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Utah
Registry
is your trailer still available?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:10 AM   #29

California
Registry
Yes it is.
Old 02-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #30

Name: Nikki
Trailer: Bigfoot 17
Utah
Registry
I see that it has no shower, but does it have hot water for washing dishes and hands?
Old 02-03-2015, 10:49 AM   #31

California
Registry
This model does not have hot water. We warmed some up if it was needed.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:14 PM   #32

Name: Aaron
Trailer: In the market
Oregon
Do you think a small on-demand hot water heater would be difficult to add in?
Old 02-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #33

California
Registry
No I don't there seems to be plenty of space below the gaucho seat where the water pump is. I thought about adding one in but didn't think we really needed it. Apparently some models did have one so seems doable. You could post a question about this in the forums and get some good answers.
Old 02-07-2015, 08:36 AM   #34

Name: Mike
Trailer: Bigfoot 17' DLX
Alaska
Registry
FWIW, the factory water heater on the same year DLX model is in the compartment under the left dinette seat.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:01 PM   #35

Name: Whaler
Trailer: '89 Bigfoot 17' Gaucho
British Columbia
Registry
Sending an email...
Old 02-12-2015, 09:44 PM   #36

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
We have a standard model with no hot water heater. We carry a 20 cup Poly Perk coffee pot in storage. Cost $5 at a thrift store. It gives us hot water when we have electricity. We heat water in a pot with propane when we don't have electricity. As they say in the Army, "Adapt and Overcome".
Old 02-14-2015, 10:05 AM   #37

Name: Glenn
Trailer: currently shopping
Washington
Bigfoot trailer

Is the trailer still for sale? I thought I saw that it was sold.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:09 AM   #38

California
Registry
It is for sale. I will remove the ad when it is sold.
Old 02-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #39

Name: Wayne
Trailer: Bigfoot
Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pomfritz View Post
We are selling Daisy after 2 plus years owning it. We have enjoyed going out and creating many memories but we've decided our current situation is better suited with a new challenge of an older VW camper to tinker (a lot) on and create new memories. We currently have to keep it in storage and find that it doesn't get a much use as we would like so it's time for someone else to enjoy this beautiful egg.

The trailer was restored by the previous owner, who put a lot of work into improving, repairing and cleaning the whole trailer. He did this with the intention of keeping it but alas things do change. He created a baby book of the restoration process which comes with the trailer as well as a pile of receipts. Original owner and other manuals included. I will try and list what he did along with a few things we added while owning it.

The layout is a 4 person dinette at the front which converts to a bed. Another bed is where the bench seat along the passenger side converts to a 2 person bed, this is the one we used all the time. Above is storage and another bed but really only for a small child to use.

It has a 4 burner stove, an oven, a sink and newer Norcold 2.7 cu ft. 3 way fridge, It also has a propane heater with thermostat. This model has a toilet and sink but no hot water or shower. I thought we might miss that but really haven't. On trips we use park showers or wash off with a cloth.

So here is what was done to the trailer:

New rear heavy duty bumper with hitch. Painted black, Sewer line fits inside, comes with trailer.

Spare tire carrier fitted to bumper. Spare tire is 3 yrs new with cover.

We added a rear camera to the license plate frame, works great, no need to add mirrors, which were a pain to keep adjusted. We installed a stereo with display and have the rear camera on when using it.

All outlets, vents, outside lights, lenses were replaced.

AC shroud replaced

Converter replaced, additional outlets added

Most window seals were replaced, all frames painted black. No leaks, All screens present. Sliding windows perform as expected.

We replaced some of the interior lights with LEDs. Fluorescent ones still are.

Newer tires and white spoke wheels, brakes, bearings were redone. Axle is original but is in working order.

Gas props for front window cover replaced.
Bottom of trailer was painted black to protect against decay.

2 propane tanks and battery reside under front shell on tongue. Battery fitted with on/off switch to prevent accidental drainage. Propane lines replaced.

All decals have been removed, you can see some discoloration from where they were, plan was to reapply new ones but actually we like it the way it is.

Wiring inside was redone and PO added some features to make connections easier, not sure of all of what he did here but he was pretty proud of it. :-)

Aux fan installed behind fridge to help cooling, accessed from vent on outside.

Water lines were replaced. Currently there might be a small leak in one of the lines under the sink at a T joint. Noticed some water leaking on our last trip. I tried sealing it up but not sure if it worked. The proper repair would not be difficult, just need to remove sink to get better access to this joint.

Original upholstery and curtains, with new blinds. Foam in cushions were replaced, including 1" of memory foam.

Porch light replaced.

Tongue has anti-sway hook up, trailer hitch with ball attachment for it included.

Outside has been waxed a few times with the floor polish. Looks pretty good still.

We added stabilizing jacks in the front and rear, much easier now to just crank them down.

We added small skid wheels near rear bumper replacing worn original metal ones

We also got a Calmark custom cover for it. Great quality.

Also includes original awning, slides into groove on roof line, attach two metal poles. Trailer mirrors,

Bathroom door removed and replaced with an accordion door. We have the door and will include it.

Overall trailer is in great condition, the construction is very solid, the interior cabinets are (I believe) plywood with an oak veneer. It gets noticed and people are quite surprised to find out it is an 89. It really does not look like it, but you have a unique, vintage trailer. We have maybe seen one or two others on the road.

So what does it need? Maybe a new battery, I accidentally let it get down pretty low when the plug was not fully connected to the truck. May not be holding a charge well, but not sure as we've using hookups. The floor is original and looking a little worn. We were looking at installing a cork floor. small area does't need much material. Possible water line repair under sink as mentioned above. Otherwise it is complete and ready to go.

We felt very fortunate to find one that had so much effort put into it and we have tried to maintain it during our ownership. I hope that it goes to a new owner who will enjoy it and continue keeping it up.

Images coming soon, once I figure this out...

We are in Folsom, CA

916 225-1008

$9,000 obo
I have a 1993 17ft Bigfoot. Would like to know where you got the replacement LED marker lights. Would like to replace mine.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:19 PM   #40

California
Registry
I've been getting many inquiries from people who live pretty far out and want to help give as good an idea of how great the condition of the trailer is. I don't want anyone to have any surprises after coming out from a long distance.

I've created a Photobucket account with a bunch of photos of all the areas I could stick a camera in. i want to show that there are no leaks, rot, damage.

Here is the link, please let me know if you have any questions. Hope this works. :-)

http://s292.photobucket.com/user/gseki/library/

Tags
bigfoot