ParkLiner fuse box - questions - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2014, 08:15 AM   #21

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
Is it safe to use non-CTl breakers in a CTl panel Steve? What kind or brand of breaker do these panels use?

Thanks!

Frank
Electrical panels are UL Listed for a maximum number of circuits IE A 100 amp residential panel is normally listed as a 20 / 24 . The panel will accept 20 full size breakers or 16 full size breakers and 4 tandem breakers (Total of 24 circuits) The CTL tandem breakers will only fit in certain location in the panel based on the buss design. The only difference between a CTL and a NON CTL breaker is the plastic case on the breaker . You can modify a CTL breaker to be a NON CTL with a hacksaw and some patience . Using a NON CTL breaker in place of a CTL breaker or using a NON CTL breaker in a CTL panel to exceed its rating for number of circuits is a technical violation but presents no safety hazard . Look at the existing breakers they will be labeled with the mfg's name, voltage, amperage and interrupting rating.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:24 AM   #22

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
Electrical panels are UL Listed for a maximum number of circuits IE A 100 amp residential panel is normally listed as a 20 / 24 . The panel will accept 20 full size breakers or 16 full size breakers and 4 tandem breakers (Total of 24 circuits) The CTL tandem breakers will only fit in certain location in the panel based on the buss design. The only difference between a CTL and a NON CTL breaker is the plastic case on the breaker . You can modify a CTL breaker to be a NON CTL with a hacksaw and some patience . Using a NON CTL breaker in place of a CTL breaker or using a NON CTL breaker in a CTL panel to exceed its rating for number of circuits is a technical violation but presents no safety hazard . Look at the existing breakers they will be labeled with the mfg's name, voltage, amperage and interrupting rating.
Thanks Steve, good info. I'll pull a breaker sometime and see what I have. My plan is to get a new electric/propane water heater next year, and I will need a breaker then.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #23

New York
From what I can find on the net, I think it's a Eaton Type BR breaker.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-31-2014, 09:08 AM   #24

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Frank,
When you open the front door of the controller, there is a screw in the center of the panel that you need to remove before you can snap the front panel off. The plastic is not all that thick and you'll break things if you tug too hard without removing the screw. I'm not sure it's a phillips head screw but I used a phillips screwdriver to remove and reinstall the screw when I did the rewire to install my battery monitor and switch.

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:52 AM   #25

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
BR breakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
From what I can find on the net, I think it's a Eaton Type BR breaker.

Frank
BR style circuit breakers are Eaton / Cutler Hammer and are available at Menards for about $3 / EA (Single Pole) Eaton / Cutler Hammer also makes a CH line of circuit breakers . The two styles of breakers are not interchangeable .A Square D Homeline circuit breaker will interchange with the BR breaker and fit your panel . Again using a Homeline breaker in a BR panel is not strictly kosher but presents no safety hazard
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 11:05 AM   #26

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian M. in NY View Post
Frank,
When you open the front door of the controller, there is a screw in the center of the panel that you need to remove before you can snap the front panel off. The plastic is not all that thick and you'll break things if you tug too hard without removing the screw. I'm not sure it's a phillips head screw but I used a phillips screwdriver to remove and reinstall the screw when I did the rewire to install my battery monitor and switch.
Excellent! Thanks Brian, it's great to have us ParkLiner folks stick together!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 07-31-2014, 11:06 AM   #27

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve dunham View Post
BR style circuit breakers are Eaton / Cutler Hammer and are available at Menards for about $3 / EA (Single Pole) Eaton / Cutler Hammer also makes a CH line of circuit breakers . The two styles of breakers are not interchangeable .A Square D Homeline circuit breaker will interchange with the BR breaker and fit your panel . Again using a Homeline breaker in a BR panel is not strictly kosher but presents no safety hazard
Thanks Steve, good stuff to know, and I very much appreciate it. I'll keep ya posted!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006

Tags
parkliner