Boler Voyageur 1300 Reno - Page 9 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2023, 11:53 AM   #161

Name: Jay
Trailer: Boler 1300
Ontario
Registry
The Reno never ends!

I know this thread is old. Maybe I should have posted each little mod to its own thread, but I didn't. I like all of my renos and mods on one thread since, in my mind, my Boler reno has never ended. I did the initial renovation in a mad rush over three months, but I have never felt done yet. So, here is the continuation of my favourite project:

Fridge Door Lock
I can't count the number of times we have stopped to find the contents of our fridge dumped all over the floor of the Boler. The little Dometic lock just doesn't hold. I really didn't want a bungee cord across the door, even though it was the simplest idea. I have to admit I spent a lot of time mocking up several solutions. When I realized that there was a matching hole in the bottom of the door and that the matching bracket was threaded, the light came on!
I just took a metric bolt and turned down about 1 cm of it to make the end a pin to fit in the door hole. I luckily had a knurled nut from a quick-release bike spindle (axle?) to add to the bolt to allow for easy turning.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20230719_175819.jpg   IMG_20230719_175842.jpg  

Jay H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 12:04 PM   #162

Ontario
Registry
Vent Hack!

My roof vent keeps opening while I'm towing the trailer. For a few years now, I have used a star knob rather than the original crank to operate the vent. I'm 6'4", and even though I stoop in the Boler, I kept hitting my head on the original crank. Unfortunately, this star knob won't stay tight enough to prevent it from opening.
My solution was a locking slider to keep the handle from turning. I just used some aluminum that I had to construct the slider. I threaded the c-channel and put a piece of flat stock on the other side of the screen. The bolts that the knurled nuts are on are used to fasten the whole thing to the vent screen. So far, it seems to work! In the fall, I think I will remove it and polish the aluminum so that it looks nicer.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20230719_175928_Bokeh.jpg   IMG_20230719_175918.jpg  

Old 07-25-2023, 06:41 PM   #163

Trailer: 1986 Boler 1300 Voyager
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay H View Post
I know this thread is old. Maybe I should have posted each little mod to its own thread, but I didn't. I like all of my renos and mods on one thread since, in my mind, my Boler reno has never ended. I did the initial renovation in a mad rush over three months, but I have never felt done yet. So, here is the continuation of my favourite project:

Fridge Door Lock

I can't count the number of times we have stopped to find the contents of our fridge dumped all over the floor of the Boler. The little Dometic lock just doesn't hold. I really didn't want a bungee cord across the door, even though it was the simplest idea. I have to admit I spent a lot of time mocking up several solutions. When I realized that there was a matching hole in the bottom of the door and that the matching bracket was threaded, the light came on!

I just took a metric bolt and turned down about 1 cm of it to make the end a pin to fit in the door hole. I luckily had a knurled nut from a quick-release bike spindle (axle?) to add to the bolt to allow for easy turning.
Great idea [emoji362] [emoji106] [emoji122] [emoji108]
Markz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2023, 04:27 PM   #164

Ontario
Registry
Thanks Markz!
Working well so far.

Tags
boler, boler reno, boler trailer, interior, little red trailer, red boler, remodel, restorations, scamp