New User - Just bought a 13' Trillium today - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-02-2017, 08:54 PM   #1

Name: Kevin
Trailer: Trillium
Alberta
New User - Just bought a 13' Trillium today

Hi everyone! I owned a 13' Boler several years ago. I sold it and bought a conventional larger trailer as the family grew but then sold it and have been without for the past 10 years. Having retired a few years ago, I really wished I had another 13'er. We came across a 1975 13' Trillium and bought it today and got one heck of a buy. It requires plenty of cleaning, TLC and renewal but by summer next year I hope to have it in reasonable shape and ready for some adventures to Jasper and Banff, Alberta. I love these little trailers. They pull like a dream and have the essentials when travelling. I found this site last night and I'm sure I will be popping in and out of here regularly now.
Kvyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2017, 09:47 PM   #2

Name: Ronald
Trailer: Trillium 1979 13ft.
Ontario
Registry
Trillium 13

Welcome back into the "fold"! You will not regret it!
Butsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:13 AM   #3

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Welcome, Kevin!

I, too, enjoy the light-on-your-feet travel style of a small, basic trailer while still having a comfortable dry bed and ready-to-go kitchen when you get there.

A Trillium is a nice upgrade- love the all-around jalousie windows!

This forum is a great resource. I wish you the best as you prepare your new trailer for many adventures ahead!
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:52 AM   #4

Name: Michael
Trailer: Trail Cruiser
Alberta
Welcome to the site, good luck with your renovations and happy camping!
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #5

Name: Barbara
Trailer: Trillium 1300
Indiana
Registry
Welcome to the group. I hope your Trillium brings you as much joy and adventure as mine does. Happy camping!
Barbie B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 04:14 PM   #6

Name: tom
Trailer: trillium
California
Welcome back! I love my 73 Thrillium.
fhofstad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 06:16 PM   #7

Alberta
Thanks for all the welcomes. I had a chance to plug it in today and interior lights, plug-in and fridge all work. Bonus. I thought I might have to throw in a new fridge but looks like that can wait a bit. No propane bottle so unable to check whether the fridge will work on propane and I assume the gas cook top will be fine although it needs cleaning bad. I couldn't find the spot for the battery so will need to research that a bit.

I'll start in the spring with new tires and rims, new wheel bearings and seals, wiring, a good scrubbing inside and out and replace the latch mechanism on the hitch which is missing but I already picked up a new one that will work. I'll also have to change out the propane hose and regulator.

I'm very excited to have finally got another 13 footer. My wife wished it had a bathroom for those late night emergency trips. No place for a porta-potty in this one so it will just have to be a trip to the campground restrooms.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:22 PM   #8

Trailer: Scamp 13 ft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvyoung View Post
Hi everyone! I owned a 13' Boler several years ago. I sold it and bought a conventional larger trailer as the family grew but then sold it and have been without for the past 10 years. Having retired a few years ago, I really wished I had another 13'er. We came across a 1975 13' Trillium and bought it today and got one heck of a buy. It requires plenty of cleaning, TLC and renewal but by summer next year I hope to have it in reasonable shape and ready for some adventures to Jasper and Banff, Alberta. I love these little trailers. They pull like a dream and have the essentials when travelling. I found this site last night and I'm sure I will be popping in and out of here regularly now.

You will love very moment of Calgary, Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper, and the citizens who live there ! Happy Trails ! David in Fresno & Sonora, CA
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1394.jpg   IMG_1355.jpg  

DavidG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 07:36 PM   #9

Alberta
Smile 5 Hours East

Actually I live 5 hours east of Jasper in Edmonton, Alberta so I guess I would be one of those people!
Old 09-03-2017, 08:20 PM   #10

Name: Yvette
Trailer: 1975 trillium 13ft
Saskatchewan
Welcome. We also have a 1975 trillium. Love it!
The Enns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 08:47 PM   #11

Alberta
Battery

The Enns,

Can you tell me where the 12V battery is stored on the 1975 Trillium?
Old 09-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #12

Name: Yvette
Trailer: 1975 trillium 13ft
Saskatchewan
Ours is stored under the front bench on the drivers side (beside the stove).
I personally don't like it there and hope my husband moves it outside. Just a hastle when he moves cushions to check it. (I think he does this more than required)��
The Enns is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
trillium