Scamp 19 vs Escape 5.0 (single axle) - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-21-2015, 11:09 AM   #61

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Wendy, I totally agree with Raz.

In your relatively short ownership you have taken the time to learn as much as you can. As they say "you have come a long way baby" and you should not feel at all hesitant with posting your experience.
I have read nothing in this thread which should preclude anyone from posting his experience,with the possible exception of me, which might easily be inferred from the content in this post and possibly one or two others, which I'm sure would be a mistake.
Of course I concur with the notion, and shall not be hesitant in posting my experience either, nor will I be a party to intimidation on either side.

Despite repeated insistence to the contrary I have not been insulted or offended by derogatory comments aimed at Scamp, nor have I said anything which could sensibly be construed as insulting or offensive.
So far, thankfully,this conversation has not been reduced to blatant Ad hominem and I trust that it will not degenerate to that degree...doing so would merely confirm what was said in post #17.
I have experience with Scamp which has taken its rightful place along side the experience of others, no more no less.

My posts are always intended to be amicable and helpful with a touch of entertainment where possible. Any offense must be taken since none is given.

In other words, more "kind", ... I WUV you all!
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #62

Trailer: 13 ft Scamp
I believe this has been beat into the ground... Lets move on
This is not what this forum is about
In my humble opinion
I ve always felt this forum was a great learning tool.... But this has just become to negative

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
alan H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 06:31 PM   #63

Name: Morris
Trailer: Keystone Montana
Texas
Feb

Marv;

Tell me more about the escape 5.0

Morris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv View Post
At one time we had a Scamp 19 on order (and then cancelled it); we currently have an Escape 5.0. There is more difference in the sleeping areas than just the queen bed. If you get the front bath Scamp (necessary for my height, 6'1") the sleeping area is fully walled in on all four sides except for the narrow opening for the stairs. Claustrophobic folks, beware. If you get the side bath Scamp the bed area is open but headroom in the bath is tight.

Except for a few mostly little things, the other difference that stands out for me is the effort to hitch up. The Escape has an electric landing gear (actually two electric tongue jacks). Back when we shopped, the Scamp had a manual crank that took forever to extend and retract the landing gear. Maybe that has changed now.

They are both good trailers. Personal preference can help a lot with your decision.

Edit: It looks like you already made your decision a few minutes before I could post. Oh well, I tried.

BTW, if you can wait until February, I know where you can get a nice used 5.0.
MorrisRamsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 07:06 PM   #64

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by MorrisRamsey View Post
Marv;

Tell me more about the escape 5.0

Morris
I'm not Marv, but I can tell you Escape (ETI) no longer builds the 5.0 trailer (single-axle.. Classic model... only available used). Guess which "new" model of the Escape 5er I own?
Donna D. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 09:16 PM   #65

Trailer: 1977 TM14 Surfside / 2007 Toyota Tundra V8 2wd
Registry
Gee Donna, I don't think anyone here knows which 5.0 you prefer. Perhaps you would like to tell us? Lol

Sent from my iPad using Fiberglass RV
Old 01-27-2016, 02:05 PM   #66

Trailer: Casita
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
I'm not Marv...
Yeah, she's better looking than me.

Morris, Not sure what you want to know. I sent you a private message.

Marv
Marv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle, escape, scamp