Help learning to use website - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-30-2013, 10:19 AM   #1

Name: Jake
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
South Carolina
Registry
Help learning to use website

I am very interested in connecting with fellow fiberglass rv owners, but I struggle with using this website. Any suggestions on how to get started would be appreciated. I'm sure I would catch on with practice, but I get frustrated quickly and give up. I am a Snoozy owner, and particularly want to connect and share ideas with other owners. Thanks in advance.
earlejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #2

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Hi Jake, and welcome.

Your best bet is to just dive in and try things out. THIS thread has lots of good information in it.

Using the search feature is great when looking for a specific topic, like Snoozy trailers. You can go to the advanced search and fine tune what you are looking for.

As a regular visitor, I tend to click on the 'New Posts' button near the top. This then lists all the threads from the most current on. If you are just looking for unread posts in a thread you have previously viewed, just click this button on the left of the title, and it will take you to the first unread post.

So just go through that tutorial, and start trying things out. If you get stuck, just fire away with more questions. There are lots of good folk here who will be willing to help out.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM   #3

Name: Jack
Trailer: '98 BURRO 17WB
Delaware
Jake, scroll up to the top of the page you're on; hit "Manufacturer"s button at very top. You'll find some current Snoozy owners, pix of their trailers, and threads relevant to Lil Snoozy.

Under "Search" button (on a line with other buttons just below the first line) click to get dropdown menu and select "Google search." Type in phrase, subject, or key words you believe will connect you to the info you want to see.

Between the two lines of buttons and to the extreme right hand, just below "Welcome earlejk" find "Private Messages." Not an obvious "button" but click on it to take you to Private Message inbox and outbox. Here you can communicate with only the member or members you wish to and receive confidential replies.

There are many subforums here. You will "get the hang" of which one to choose to post to when starting your own threads. This may seem fairly obvious but it is an advantage to post your ideas or queries to the relevant subforum. Adding a response to threads which interest you is very easy. Choose either "Post Reply" or Quick Reply" block and click to get the posting form. Hope this is enuf to get you started navigating the forum.

jack
rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 11:30 AM   #4

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Best Search Approach...

Hey, Jake,

Welcome, Jake - FiberglassRV is a wonderful resource for anyone interested in FG trailers, and for my money is one of the very best information websites of any kind on the 'net. Folks here are knowledgeable, helpful and very welcoming to newcomers, and the moderators do a great job with FiberglassRV. Without the help and advice people gave me when I was just toying with the idea of a trailer for well over a year, I certainly wouldn't have my Trillium 1300 today.

One tip re using the Search function in the blue bar on the top of the page - when it opens, I suggest using the bottom search box - the "Search Site / Google" one - it returns far better targeted results. Try searching "Lil Snoozy" using the lower box...you'll be reading for days...lol...

Enjoy your Lil Snoozy and FiberglassRV, and if you ever get to Newfoundland, look me up...
Richard Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 07:02 PM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
My suggestion is when you're on any page... look at everything visible... all the buttons, etc. It's really pretty intuitive if you go slow and read the items available to you. Besides, we've got your back and will help if you run into problems.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #6

Name: Jake
Trailer: 2018 Escape 19
South Carolina
Registry
Thank you, all, for your thoughtful suggestions. I feel like I wandered into a chess club and keep asking to play checkers. I guess I need to get over my fear of aggravating someone, and just keep trying. Again, my sincere thanks. If you see me making off-the-wall posts, feel free to make suggestions. I want to share my experiences and ideas, but I may just wander around mumbling!
earlejk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #7
Administrator

Name: Mary
Trailer: 2015 Escape 21; formerly Casita 1999 17 ft Liberty Deluxe
Registry
One more suggestion: our "help" files are hidden under the menu called FAQ, which stands for Frequently Asked Questions.

FAQ is the fourth choice to the left, on the line of menu choices that begins with User CP.

(NOTE: the position of this menu choice is also dependent on which "skin" you are using to view the website. Look at the little drop-down menu at the lower left of every screen and choose FGRV 2.0. The "Default" is older and is not optimized for the current layout; although many of the members prefer its colors and continue to use it, which is fine.)
Info on Adding Photos to a Post
RV Life Network FAQ
Mary F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 09:47 PM   #8

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
Just remember, Jake, that you can't break anything. If you happen to post in the wrong place, we can shift it over to the correct place. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask because we want you to feel at home and be comfortable. You'll pick up the techniques really quickly.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:31 PM   #9

Trailer: 2006 17 ft Casita
Registry
join us

Jake click on the home link HOME we would like you to join us
Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM   #10

Name: jim
Trailer: Escape 21 Nov.2016
Florida
Registry
posting pictures?

How do you get pictures to appear from your computer ?
jennykatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #11

Name: Gilda
Trailer: 2011 Scamp 13'
California
Registry
Easy, peasy... You hit the "Post Reply" button at the end of a thread. In the top line of the "Message:" box you will see an icon of a paper clip (to attach photos). Click on it and "Browse" buttons appear. Click on one and it will take you to your photos. Select a photo, press the "open" button and "upload". To see what your reply looks like in the actual posting press the "Preview Post" button. If you like what you see, press the "Submit Reply" button.
Gilda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM   #12

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
...and you can't post photos if you choose the 'quick reply' box unless you go to the bottom button and choose 'Go Advanced'. That will give you the tool bar choices.
FYI, using the quick reply box lets you post without linking your message to another one in the thread.
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lil snoozy