lil snoozy or casita - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-24-2015, 11:03 AM   #41

Name: RogerDat
Trailer: 2010 Scamp 16
Michigan
I think it is layout and amenities or features that ultimately lead to satisfaction or dissatisfaction with a camper. Or for a tent and most other camping equipment for that matter. Small ultra-lite backpacking stove weight is the amenity, three burner propane stove capacity and ease of use is the amenity.

There may be pros or cons to specific construction, or personal opinions of what different construction methods yield in terms of amenities, or drawbacks. Double hull means no rivets going through and better sound and thermal insulation but can be difficult to modify and tracking down or repairing leaks can be very difficult.

There is also price and/or availability too. I'll put up with a lot more "negatives" from a workable but inexpensive choice than I will from a high cost one. I personally do not think it is reasonable to compare a $150 screen tent directly against a $500 clam screen tent. Or an older used camper against a brand new one, or Deluxe against base models.

That is why figuring out exactly what you NEED from your camper to make you happy is critical to making a good purchase. Height, bed size, weight, bathroom, living space, storage all come out of the exact same "pie". Taller will probably add weight, each of the others will come out of the same available space at the expense of one of the other items and will probably impact weight.

The earlier suggestion to list Must Have, Should Have, Would Be Nice to Have. Is I think the ideal way to go about this and should be based on how you camp and want to use the camper. Rear door for loading bikes does nothing for me. I can not imagine me riding a bike again outside of a post apocalypse Mad Max world. Others half the reason they camp is to kayak or bike in new and interesting places so ease of loading bulky items matters. We all be different! I like rivets and a single hull, the small bed while not "ideal" does make for a snuggly night and I'm good with that :-)

Bear in mind you can always sell it if it annoys you too much, buy something else based on what you learned from owning the first one. Not like we are talking about getting a full back tattoo here.
RogerDat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita, lil snoozy