Oxygen Propane System - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-02-2018, 08:34 AM   #1

Name: john
Trailer: Bigfoot B 17 deluxe
British Columbia
Question Oxygen Propane System

The Propane line which I discovered in the storage area next to the door was disconnected under the trailer .... this was peculiar .. I investigated to find the rubber line was cracked due to the bend needed to go through the floor ..... I removed the rubber line and replaced it connecting all the components ..... then the FUN began. To make a long story short it would seem that this line was intended to feed a stove or ?? (like a 2 burner coleman) for outside use .... BUT all of the propane after the regulator is low pressure ...... Coleman stoves and propane lights must have high pressure propane to operate SO seems that this line is of no use ............ on my trailer it has been removed ....... any thoughts ????????
Corbett Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:02 AM   #2

Name: Bat Dude
Trailer: Escape
Michigan
Hmmm

Hope you find an answer to your line question.

Your topic triggered a memory of when we lived in Belize and the new huge hospital in BZE CTY was completed. Unfortunately one of the construction folks (less than well educated) hooked up the butane tanks for that water heater systems to the oxygen lines! So all rooms that would have had oxygen for emergencies now were butane filled.

They never did fix that and once contaminated it was just never used.

Bat Dude
Old 08-02-2018, 10:44 AM   #3

Name: Dick
Trailer: '15 17' LD Casita and '17 Tahoe LT
Texas
Sort of off topic, but we had a new home built and when they turned on the utilities, the water line was hooked to the gas line.
dmad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:49 AM   #4

Name: Cliff
Trailer: 2017 Escape 5.0 TA
Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corbett Road View Post
The Propane line which I discovered in the storage area next to the door was disconnected under the trailer .... this was peculiar .. I investigated to find the rubber line was cracked due to the bend needed to go through the floor ..... I removed the rubber line and replaced it connecting all the components ..... then the FUN began. To make a long story short it would seem that this line was intended to feed a stove or ?? (like a 2 burner coleman) for outside use .... BUT all of the propane after the regulator is low pressure ...... Coleman stoves and propane lights must have high pressure propane to operate SO seems that this line is of no use ............ on my trailer it has been removed ....... any thoughts ????????
🤔You had a rubber line feeding propane inside your camper? I’m pretty sure that that’s not legal in the USA and probably not in 🇨🇦. I have an optional propane hookup outside on my Escape. It is a copper line with a shutoff at the end. It is low pressure and I use it for my Q1000 grill (removed the regulator). Maybe someone tried this and used rubber instead of copper. Not a good idea.
Cliff Hotchkiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 10:51 AM   #5

Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmad1 View Post
Sort of off topic, but we had a new home built and when they turned on the utilities, the water line was hooked to the gas line.
😱 Could have been worse, the other way around.
Old 08-02-2018, 11:11 AM   #6

Trailer: 17 ft Burro Widebody / 2007 Ford Ranger
When we brought our Burro home to Canada from the US, in order to have it registered here, we had to replace all the existing rubber propane lines with copper. Maybe time to talk to an RV repair place.
Ian-Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 01:07 PM   #7

Name: Steve
Trailer: Scamp 13
California
The line may have been used for a catalytic heater?
stevebaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:22 PM   #8

Connecticut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian-Vicki View Post
When we brought our Burro home to Canada from the US, in order to have it registered here, we had to replace all the existing rubber propane lines with copper. Maybe time to talk to an RV repair place.
Your Burro came with rubber propane lines from the factory?
Old 08-05-2018, 07:08 PM   #9

Trailer: 2002 Bonair Oxygen
Quote:
That line under the bench is for an auxiliary propane heater. Once I am home, I’ll post some photos.
As previously said, the line through the floor must be a solid line, unlike the flexible hose that came with the unit originally from BonAir. We had ours changed by a certified propane technician.
Kirby C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #10

Name: Gordon
Trailer: 2015 Scamp (16 Std Layout 4) with '15 Toyota Sienna LE Tug
North Carolina
Quote:
... To make a long story short it would seem that this line was intended to feed a stove or ?? (like a 2 burner coleman) for outside use .... BUT all of the propane after the regulator is low pressure ...... Coleman stoves and propane lights must have high pressure propane to operate SO seems that this line is of no use ............ on my trailer it has been removed ....... any thoughts ????????
I have seen a few campers where the low pressure stove inside the camper was removable and there was a bracket on the outside to mount the stove, along with a quick connect for the propane line (which is also low pressure). The same line could be used for an aux heater such as a Wave.
gordon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 09:05 AM   #11

Trailer: Trillium 4500
Registry
The line is definitely used for a catalytic heater.

Are you still planning on attending the Spring NOG? We will also be there with our Oxygen. Unfortunately when we booked we had to book across the street.

Quote:
Steve Hammel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 10:05 AM   #12

British Columbia
NOG

Hi Steve ...... Yes we will attend ........ We will be over in M section .. My info is in the car BUT I think our sight is M 36 ........ also on the right hand side of the road ................ Look forward to seeing the various units .. let's think sunshine !!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2019, 10:33 AM   #13

Registry
Cool, this will be the first rally I've attended where there was more than one Oxygen in attendance. Ours is bone stock other than the two tone silver paint but I have several projects I'm planning on.
Old 04-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #14

British Columbia
Oxygen

Look forward to meeting you and your Oxygen ...... We've named ours Eggbert , which does have a bit of an Easter feel ..... safe journey .. john/eve
Old 04-22-2019, 04:41 PM   #15

Registry
I believe we're in C63.

Tags
oxygen, propane