2016 Oliver Trailers Base Price Increase. - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #21

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Partee View Post
.... we are all in another class of quality over the others.....
Yeppers!
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:01 PM   #22

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Mr. Oliver's old slogan and they mean it Trailers built to last a lifetime.

"It is intended to with stand a much more rugged use over 20 years of boon docking..."

Thanks for touching base with us Robert.
Ken C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 09:39 PM   #23
Commercial Member

Trailer: Oliver Legacy
No Wood in the shells, No rot or need to refurb. Aluminum frame, no rust to refurb.
You must have met Jim Oliver Ken C...
Robert Partee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 10:46 PM   #24

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Robert, thanks for the update info. I retired from a fairly large water district and totally understand the hoops you have to jump through. I doubt that many of our customers would have any clue of the mounds of regs and red tape that governs how companies have to deal with doing business.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:00 AM   #25

Name: Bill
Trailer: Oliver
North Carolina
Class act(s)

Robert and his fellow workers are just one more reason I bought an Oliver. Each and every worker I met while on the factory tour had what seemed to me as a genuine smile and a handshake - except for the guy that had a handful of resin. Just can't wait to have my egg start incubation.
topgun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:01 AM   #26

Trailer: 1990 Scamp 16 ft
You gotta congratulate Oliver for seeking the RVIA certification. Nice to see a company put quality first.
John Linck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 08:21 AM   #27

Trailer: 2009 19 ft Escape / 2009 Honda Pilot
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by topgun2 View Post
Robert and his fellow workers are just one more reason I bought an Oliver. Each and every worker I met while on the factory tour had what seemed to me as a genuine smile and a handshake - except for the guy that had a handful of resin. Just can't wait to have my egg start incubation.

It is reasons like this to buy from manufacturers like Oliver. Ones with owners that truly care. Most of us that have dealt with Escape feel the same.

It is one thing to buy a good product, but a much better thing to buy a good product from a good company.
“Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” — Abraham Lincoln
Jim Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:20 PM   #28

Name: Phil
Trailer: 17ft 98 Casita FD
Texas
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna D. View Post
Yeppers!
X2
I have seen several Olivers, and they are quality units.
Phil Underwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:40 PM   #29

Name: Ron
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
South Carolina
Hey guys, thought I chime in here.

I've been living pretty much full time since February in my 2015 Legacy Elite II. It truly is the Rolls Royce of fiberglass eggs and I couldn't be happier with mine. It's worth every penny and I wouldn't hesitate to buy again.

But I don't think I'll need to upgrade again. This one will last longer than I will. Unless Robert and company come up with something revolutionary, I'm keeping this one.
2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #69
Follow my blog - https://www.wincrasher.blogspot.com
Ron Merritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2015, 05:54 PM   #30

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
The factory liability cost per trailer that is passed onto the end user comes down to the number of units made. Scamp makes far more trailers in a year than Oliver does thus the per unit cost of factory liability insurance is going to be less.
Exactly. I worked at a stick, higher end manufacturer, factory direct, and I figured the cost of advertising divided by the units per year and each person had $1,000 worth of advertising tacked on to the cost of their trailer. Advertising is expensive!
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 01:28 PM   #31

Name: Reed & Karen
California
We just ordered an Oliver Elite ll. We currently have a Casita. We looked at the Oliver before buying the Casita and didnt have the money to invest in the Oliver at the time. The Casita is too small and I'm tired of bumping my head on that door too. Weve had a lot of fun in it. 9 months worth in the last 18 months.

However, we wanted a true, four season trailer and additional space so we are now upgrading to the Oliver. We looked at Escapes, Airstreams and others before deciding on the Oliver. Yes, very big price tag. We felt the features and quality of the Oliver warranted spending the extra money so we have saved up for it. I like that everything we wanted extra was doable and we wont have to pay for uprades later on. We didnt get it ordered before the price increase, oh well. Going to love my Ollie when we finally pick it up in a few months.
fr2bhpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 04:36 PM   #32

Name: Bert
Trailer: 23 foot Oliver Elite II
California
Welcome to the Oliver family. Like you we looked at the Airstream and Escapes but for the dollar and no worries the Oliver was for us. We picked ours up in October of 2015 and have lived and traveled in it for over a year. Its comfortable, easy to tow and classy and functional all at once. You'll loved all the well thought bells and whistles. We've been from Tennessee to Jasper National park and places in between. any questions feel free. We are also from California but are presently in Albany, Oregon. Best to you, Bert
Bertus65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #33

Name: Reed & Karen
California
Thanks Bert. I do have a question. Did you get the mirrored cabinet doors? Hubby likes them and I don't. I think wiping the fingerprints off them all the time would drive me batty. If you did, I'm wondering if you like them? We chose the white but I can always change them to make hubby happy if they aren't a big cleaning issue.
Old 10-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #34

Name: Bill
North Carolina
Karen,

I have the mirrors and once you discover the "trick" of opening and closing you never actually have to touch the glass. Simply put your index finger in the latch recess and pull to open gently lowering the door with your finger still in the latch. To close simply reverse the procedure. No problem at all.
Bill
topgun2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 07:33 PM   #35

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Agree with Bill. Opening and closing the mirrored doors with your index finger doesn't leave anything to clean. We like the mirrored doors.
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:39 PM   #36

Name: Rhett
Illinois
So you guys that got the cheapie Ollies help us just now buying a little and send us just a little for fuel and camping equipment. OK? Those Ollies are not getting any cheaper, it's just our dollars are getting worth less. Opps, I wrote something political and had to delete it. Good luck all and Merry Christmas.
john in Illiinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 09:01 PM   #37

Trailer: 2004 13 ft Scamp Custom Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Linck View Post
You gotta congratulate Oliver for seeking the RVIA certification. Nice to see a company put quality first.
HI John, nice to hear from you!
I don't really concur, since dedication to quality can certainly be in-house.
A builder can set the standards and can meet or exceed any certification without passing along an extra thousand dollar cost to the customer.
I'm confident that your toys would have the same dedication to quality and workmanship with or without paying some organization for certification. So I would rather have something with YOUR name on it than something marked "TMIA certified"!

I have visited RV junkyards full of RVIA certified trailers, many less than five years old and not the victims of collision. So I know where to get a shiny like new badge for my camper should I ever want one!

Oliver's build quality comes from an in-house dedication to a build philosophy. That is what gives them their reputation and will sustain or destroy them with or without RVIA certification.

Nobody thinks that DOT compliance makes all new cars equal, nor does anyone really think that all houses which meet code requirements are equal.
I understand the value of an RVIA certification label on the outside of a trailer as a sales tool or for reassurance, but I place it as trivial compared to build philosophy which is what ultimately determines the quality on the inside.
floyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 09:00 AM   #38

Name: Rhett
Illinois
You lucky dog! I paid the new full price topping out at over $58K. The highest paid price by one of the office personnel when I bought mine in Sept. 2016 was just over $71K I think they said. If you get almost all the options it get way up there. Jason the Sales Manager had one built to his own specs and got one way up there too. You can go outside their regular options and have some highly sophisticated stuff put on them too such as high powered search lights and stuff. We wanted the carpet we saw installed in the one Jason had built, it was for boats and just the small strip in the Legacy II was over a $1000.00. I had to say no to that because of the price. America is great and getting better and just think of the future Fiberglass RVs similar to the Stiletto. Maybe 50' long and unfolding to 12' wide and weighing just a few thousand pounds. It's possible now but the cost might be exorbitant. Here is a sample of what can be done:Stiletto 38' and here are some photos: Madison Bay Holdings | Summit Coaches, Inc and The Stiletto
john in Illiinois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:04 AM   #39

Name: Amy
Trailer: 2015 Oliver Legacy Ellite II
Michigan
2015 Oliver Elgacy Ellite II 23.6ft

Hello ~ getting Ready to sell the Most Custom beautiful
Oliver travel trailer LOADED with every option possible * We
purchased this Gem in the summer of 2015 waited a year too
get it,,, but dreaming of our camping days are not there. We are Non smokers
Never Cooked in it 2 adults only. Custom Beautiful fabric as well. We have only camped 4 times in 2 years. Its just the perfect off the grid camper as well ~ with 320 watt solar package and Everything poss. to add on... we will
be listing it for $55,000 out the door ... to buy this Gem would be a Long wait and close to $60,000 or More!!!! Call us at 989329-5700 will be posting photos Soon!!!!! Ps The 4 times camping we were visited by Folks wondering what is this Beautiful Trailer *
amy dalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2017, 09:58 AM   #40

Name: Mike
Trailer: Oliver Elite II
Boerne, Texas
Amy, if you haven't already, I would let Anita at Oliver know. They get questions about used Olivers all the time. Mike
2016 Oliver Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 Laramie 6.7L Turbo Diesel
Carol and Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
oliver