Working on Silver Cloud - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2016, 11:00 AM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft U-Haul VT
Registry
Working on Silver Cloud

Kevin has been working on the water damaged walls of the Silver Cloud, so we can take our granddaughter camping in our new camper this coming weekend. Last weekend, he stripped off the rotted wood and began putting up a wall covering on the bottom; this weekend, he has almost finished that and will be working on the wallpaper later.

I cut curtains (I am making curtains from shower curtains to match the actual bathroom shower curtain.). The shape of the windows is a challenge for this with the pointed front end. I think I will have to fabricate a way to connect the curtains more or less permanently to the narrowest part of the window. Hope it does not look too dumb.

We found something in a Southwest style that matches the mauve that was already there. The living room blinds that are perfectly fine, and now match the bedroom decor.

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1402.jpg   IMG_1403.jpg  

IMG_1404.jpg  
Old 05-23-2016, 07:45 AM   #2

Registry
Kevin got the wallpaper hung this weekend. I cut all the curtains and will hopefully be able to hem them yet this week. We are packing up our camping cats and heading out to meet family this weekend and introduce our granddaughter to the new camper (She slept with us in the Uhaul and thought we lived there ). Grandson too, but I doubt he is ready to leave Daddy and Mommy overnight. We are babysitting one afternoon with Sam, though. Maybe that will be time for him to be at the camper alone and play on the swings and chase the cats in the camper .

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1420.jpg   Sam and Lily.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 05-30-2016, 06:21 PM   #3

Registry
Our first outing with the Bigfoot was a success. We managed to fit all the 4 generations of family beneath the Bigfoot screenhouse (except me) for lunch. The power for the campground was a problem, but we shut off the camper AC and cooked the hamburgers inside on propane instead of using our daughter's electric grill (Note to self - propane portable grill!), and it worked. Our granddaughter slept with us Sat night. She was in one single bed; I was in the other; Kevin slept on the pull-out couch. We watched a movie, hunted lightening bugs, and went to bed.
Next day, we babysat her almost-2-year-old brother while she went to see The Lion King. After taking him for lunch and the mall play area, he played "ball" at the camper and then went to play on the campground playset.

Great weekend!

We LOVE our new-to-us Bigfoot Silver Cloud!

CindyL
Attached Thumbnails
inside of Bigfoot.jpg  
Old 05-30-2016, 06:29 PM   #4

Name: Cathy
Trailer: Escape 19' sold, 21' August 2015
POBox 1267, Denison, Texas
The Bigfoot looks wonderful and I am sure that all of the generations were impressed!
Cathi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloud