Found a Play Mor II for sale, Info? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #1

Trailer: Play Mor II 1987 and Home Built Teardrop
Hi,
Just dropped in from over on the Teardrop Forum (I've built two -- so far

But, Found a Play Mor II for sale just down from the house. I know nothing about this TT.

Is there a source for "old" manuals (Checked your document center) or other Info on the Play Mor?

Is $1200 (negotiable) in the ball park?

It needs a torflex axle. This one is set (i.e. is horizontal -- no 12-21 degree drop)

Other than some wear and tear there are no major "dents and scratches" on the fiberglass.

The above sink cabinet has fallen and is propped up with a broom stick

What have I found???
Geron
Geron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:07 PM   #2

Trailer: 1973 Compact Jr and 1980 Bigfoot 17 ft
Registry
Send a message via AIM to Tom Trostel Send a message via MSN to Tom Trostel
Play Mor is still in business in Westphalia, Missouri. They only make stick-built trailers now, but they may be a source of information.

Tom Trostel

http://www.goplaymor.com/
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #3

Trailer: Scamp
Registry
Does this look like what you found? Probably a good deal at $1200.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:21 AM   #4

Quote:
Does this look like what you found? Probably a good deal at $1200.
That's it. Should have mentioned there was one in the forum gallery.

My plan would be to gut the Play Mor and rebuild the inside

The closet and galley would go -- We don't cook inside, shoot, we don't cook

I would extend the bed as far forward as possible (to queen size???)

The couch/bunk beds would go and I would install a toilet with sitdown shower and build a closet up front to replace the one removed.

Would have to add air

OK, guru's what am I missing? Caveats???

Geron

Oh, and thanks Tom for the heads up on the Play Mor URL. That didn't show up when I googled Play mor.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:57 AM   #5
Suz

Trailer: 1989 Casita Spirit Deluxe
Registry
Quote:
OK, guru's what am I missing? Caveats???
The main thing on these eggs is the frame and the axle. Since you're going to replace the axle, I think that any frame repairs could be done at the same time. The nice thing about these little trailers is that the rest of it is repairable. Even if the floor is soft and has to be replaced, that's something that can be redone without rebuilding the trailer (like a non-molded unit).

If the trailer is in good shape, then I would probably pay $1200 for it; whatever that's worth. It's really hard to put a price on it without seeing it. I think the best answer can only come from you. If it's in the budget and it's something you will really enjoy, then I'd say go for it.
Suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 11:30 AM   #6

Quote:
The main thing on these eggs is the frame and the axle. Since you're going to replace the axle, I think that any frame repairs could be done at the same time. The nice thing about these little trailers is that the rest of it is repairable. Even if the floor is soft and has to be replaced, that's something that can be redone without rebuilding the trailer (like a non-molded unit).

If the trailer is in good shape, then I would probably pay $1200 for it; whatever that's worth. It's really hard to put a price on it without seeing it. I think the best answer can only come from you. If it's in the budget and it's something you will really enjoy, then I'd say go for it.
I took a second look at it and to my surprise the floor seems to be molded glass as well. Made me also wonder, since I'm planning to gut it, how much and to what extent the cabinetry is also molded in. For example, the seats seemed to be molded up from the floor at least 1/2 their height, then built the rest of the way up. That would limit possibilities in "remodeling" the interior.

I'm just not that familiar with "standard" construction of these fiberglass eggs. I'm sure it varies from builder to builder also.

Still justa sittin' and thinkin'

g
Old 09-18-2007, 04:45 PM   #7

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Quote:
I took a second look at it and to my surprise the floor seems to be molded glass as well. Made me also wonder, since I'm planning to gut it, how much and to what extent the cabinetry is also molded in. For example, the seats seemed to be molded up from the floor at least 1/2 their height, then built the rest of the way up. That would limit possibilities in "remodeling" the interior.

I'm just not that familiar with "standard" construction of these fiberglass eggs. I'm sure it varies from builder to builder also.

Still justa sittin' and thinkin'

g
Hi Geron,

I owned a Play-Mor II for many years and just sold it this past spring. I sent the "old" manuals to be placed on this site ? a year ago. Maybe the person that has the copies will chime in and offer to mail copies to you.

I loved my little Brown Egg but age ( me not the camper) made me need more creature comforts. I can answer a few of you questions right now and feel free to fire away with many more.

[b]For example, the seats seemed to be molded up from the floor at least 1/2 their height, then built the rest of the way up. That would limit possibilities in "remodeling" the interior.
Nope you can take it all out. There are wood strips that hold the fiberglass.
how much and to what extent the cabinetry is also molded in. It is not molded in..like seats you can remove them.

AC is no problem to add.

I would buy it if I were you. I am in Georgia too.
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:41 PM   #8

Trailer: Casita 17 ft 2004
Here is what I think is a better pic and I have interior also.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Play_Mor_II.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	224.1 KB
ID:	10136
Attached Thumbnails
EGG_04.jpg  
Susan Tiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #9

Trailer: Boler (B1700RGH) 1979
Perhaps the most common body problem on old Bolers and their derivatives is ill-fitting doors which no longer have the right curve. The Play-Mor's flat door doesn't look as nice, perhaps, but looks like a significant advantage to me. If a classic 13' egg is what you want, and the look of the flat door is okay, this seems like a desirable model.
Brian B-P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:52 PM   #10

[quote]Here is what I think is a better pic and I have interior also.
Attachment 10136

Thanks for the input Susan. That's it exactly on the outside. Yours seems to be a slightly newer model.

I had almost decided to "pass it up" but you're making me have second thoughts.

I already have an old "Starcraft" chassis and was designing a "standup" teardrop (6'x12') with toilet and shower (creature comforts for the wife) when I found this Play Mor II. And, He's dropped the price to $1000 dollars. I'm still indecisive -- Scratch build the teardrop or remodel the Play Mor.

Think I'll just buy the Play Mor so I can just sit in it and think. Most likely could resell it for a thousand If I decide otherwise.

Oh My, Decisions decisions

Again thanks for the input.

Tags
play-mor, play–pac