Shower floor cover - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #1

Name: Frank
Trailer: Casita
California
Shower floor cover

I recently purchased a 2006 17' Spirit Deluxe and the floor cover for the shower is missing, being that Casita Parts department sucks (no answer/or call back) I need to find out what the original cover was. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 03-10-2017, 12:27 PM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankcfx View Post
I recently purchased a 2006 17' Spirit Deluxe and the floor cover for the shower is missing, being that Casita Parts department sucks (no answer/or call back) I need to find out what the original cover was. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
We have a 2013 Casita Deluxe and all our shower came with was a fiberglass floor with drain IE There was no additional covering supplied for the shower floor . I bought a clear plastic bath mat , and cut the mat to fit the shower floor. I then built a wood duck board out of ash and placed the duck board on top of the plastic bath mat. The shower still drains well and the shower floor is protected to prevent scratching of the fiberglass.

If you are referring to a cover for the shower drain , there is a drain valve underneath the trailer to prevent the gray tank water from backing up into the shower pan so there is no need for a drain cover .

My experience with Casita has been excellent , they have never failed to return my calls.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:33 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 93 Burro 17 ft
Oklahoma
Frank, maybe they didn't understand what you were asking for. Or maybe their recording garbled your phone number slightly, I've had that happen.
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:43 PM   #4

Name: John
Trailer: '71 Boler, '87 Play-Mor II
Deep South
Quote:
Thanks
Some pictures may help so we know exactly what your talking about.
Johnny M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:57 AM   #5

California
Bathroom floor cover over shower pan

From what I see in responses to my query Casita expects people to walk on the shower pan bottom to use the bathroom. If this is accurate I think it is a crappy arrangement. I also have a 16' Scamp with a shower and the Scamp has a molded lip that the shower pan cover sets on.

My Scamp is a 1997 model and I am beginning to think I should have waited to find a Scamp 16' Deluxe. There is more storage in my Scamp, more isle area and a much better door arrangement and no crappy molding between the side wall and floor.

I could call Scamp parts and talk to someone when I called. I called Casita parts twice last week and I still have not received a call back. I wonder how many Casita owners are second time Casita owners????
Old 03-11-2017, 02:25 AM   #6

Name: Dave
Trailer: Casita SD17 2006 "Missing Link"
California
Quote:
From what I see in responses to my query Casita expects people to walk on the shower pan bottom to use the bathroom. If this is accurate I think it is a crappy arrangement. I also have a 16' Scamp with a shower and the Scamp has a molded lip that the shower pan cover sets on.

My Scamp is a 1997 model and I am beginning to think I should have waited to find a Scamp 16' Deluxe. There is more storage in my Scamp, more isle area and a much better door arrangement and no crappy molding between the side wall and floor.

I could call Scamp parts and talk to someone when I called. I called Casita parts twice last week and I still have not received a call back. I wonder how many Casita owners are second time Casita owners????
Hi Frank, I've been in Scamps but never looked at the bathroom floor so I have no comment on a molded lip. Can't say that I've ever seen the type of cover you're talking about on any companies web page, even as an option. There have been a number of owners that build a wooden slat floor cover to use for a dry floor surface after the shower was used. My SDs shower pan floor is no different than the fiberglass shower pan in my house. Do you have this cover in your Scamp? I'd like to see a pic.
Borrego Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:14 AM   #7

Deep South
Okay, now I know what you are referring to, I too have seen some mods here doing what Dave talked about. Seems like I saw someone here who did one with a solid piece of plywood and covered it in carpet so it would sit on that lip you talk about. I think they raised the floor of their shower too for some reason putting some wood under the pan via the threshold area. I think most thought build the wood slat insert Dave was talking about. Teak is widely used for this I believe. Don't know if you are a DIYer but it would not be hard to build & staining should be pretty easy. If not maybe you could find someone who could make it for you or at least just cut the wood down. You could then assemble it with just some construction adhesive or wood glue, but some wood screws added wouldn't hurt. I also think I have seen someone who used an indoor outdoor floor mat of some type that they cut to fit and just set it down in the bottom of the pan when not showering.
Old 03-11-2017, 08:24 AM   #8

Name: Steve
Trailer: 2018, 21ft escape— 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie
NW Wisconsin
We had a 1999 Scamp 16 ft with front bath and we have a 2013 Casita 17 ft DLX SD . Neither one came from the factory with shower floor protection . Our 1999 Scamp had a piece of plywood added to the shower by the OP ( Yes , There was a lip that held the plywood in place). We added the wooden duck boards in our Casita . We have a fiberglass shower stall in our cabin and that did not come with built in floor protection. All in all ,not that big of a deal IMHO.
The storage space in our 17 ft Casita is about the same as we had in our 16 ft Scamp mostly due to the roof design differences but the bed in our Casita is 10" wider than the bed in our Old Scamp
( BIG DIFFERENCE)
We've had no issue with any crappy wall / floor mouldings.

I 've called and E-mailed both Casita and Scamp and on occasion have encountered issues with both . When I was looking for a new trailer , I contacted Scamp 23 times ( Phone , E-Mail , Registered mail) even talked to Micha Eveland trying to get a price and delivery date .
I finally gave up and bought a Casita , mainly because Casita answered their phone and E-Mails . I have left messages with Casita and on one occasion Tim from Casita called me back 3 times trying to reach me..

It sounds like you are unhappy with your trailer and I have no intention of telling you that your opinion is unfounded.
Yet if your Casita is causing you such great stress , unhappiness, frustration and consternation , I would get rid of it and get something you want. Life is too short to go around
pi_ _ed off over a silly stupid object.

We too are looking at a different trailer and selling our Casita
Not because we don't like our Casita but because we want more space.
steve dunham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 08:50 AM   #9

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
I put in a West Marine Dri-Dek matt snapped together and trimmed to fit.
I cut out for the drain.
The water runs through the squares and under the nubs that hold it off the bottom of my shower.
I leave this in and it serves as the walking floor and helps keep bare feet (and sock feet) dry.
The shower pan on my homemade shower is not level when the trailer is level (I missed it a little).
I used a white tile in mine.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/dri-d...15_456_001_512
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #10

Name: Pat
Trailer: Escape 2013 19 ft
California
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbarron55 View Post
I put in a West Marine Dri-Dek matt snapped together and trimmed to fit.
I cut out for the drain.
The water runs through the squares and under the nubs that hold it off the bottom of my shower.
I leave this in and it serves as the walking floor and helps keep bare feet (and sock feet) dry.
The shower pan on my homemade shower is not level when the trailer is level (I missed it a little).
I used a white tile in mine.

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/dri-d...15_456_001_512
We also have over 3 years now DriDek in blue from Marine West . Love it for reasons already mentioned . Pat
LindaandPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 12:28 PM   #11

Name: M
Trailer: Formerly Scamp
Oregon
shower floor deck

The original owner of my Scamp built/installed a nice wood deck with slats to allow the water to easily drain. The wood deck is flush with the surrounding floor. I only take the wood deck out to clean the fiberglass floor.
Ttocs M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 01:10 PM   #12

Name: Jon
Trailer: 2008 Scamp 13 S1
Arizona
Registry
Quote:
Thanks
Neither Scamp nor Casita supply a shower floor cover from the factory. In fact, as far as I have seen, the only RVs that do are those with a shower in the main aisle of the camper. My mother's Roadtrek class B is like that, and I believe the molded fiberglass Weiscraft Ponderosa may be like that, too.

But you now have lots of great ideas for a floor covering.
Jon in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 07:22 PM   #13

Name: Jann
Colorado
Quote:
Thanks
It is a simple fix. We put a rubber shower mat that is square and it fits almost perfect then put a rubber backed throw rug on top of the mat. I found a perfect square rug at IKEA that fit. We've had our 2007 Casita 11 years with no damage to shower pan plus we can shake the rug to get rid of dirt. It feels good on bare feet at night when it is cold also. We put a gallon of ice water in a thermos and sit it in the shower so if it breaks it is contained. If you are missing the little thing that covers the drain all it is is a round metal piece that fits the drain line like a home shower. There was no other pan just the floor of the shower.
Jann Todd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:26 PM   #14

Name: Tim
Trailer: Boler
Alberta
We had something simlar to above but found it a bit much to stand on. We were then fortunate to find this click together decking material. They sold us a couple out of the box and then I just cut to fit the shower footprint. https://www.renodepot.com/en/composi...0-box-60245120
Attached Thumbnails
60245120b_L.jpg   60245120c_L.jpg  

TimR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2017, 03:40 PM   #15

Deep South
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jann Todd View Post
We put a gallon of ice water in a thermos and sit it in the shower so if it breaks it is contained.
Not sure I understood this part of your comment?
Old 03-13-2017, 12:50 AM   #16

California
A Proper Shower/ Storage Cover

Well not actually having bought either of my trailers new I made the mistake of thinking that Scamp and Casita made shower pan covers as part of the bathroom.
The reason for the mistake is that the previous owner of my Scamp made a proper shower pan cover, proper meaning you did not have to track dirt into the shower pan or water out of the shower pan, and as a bonus it provided and nice place to store the water hose. Please excuse my dirt!!!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3391.jpg   IMG_3392.jpg  

IMG_3393.jpg  

Tags
casita