waiting for my parkliner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Fiberglass RV Community Forums > Hi, I am....
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #1

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
waiting for my parkliner

We just ordered out parkliner! We are requesting to pick it up in March. My husband and I went to the factory in the fall and really liked what we saw. We have tent camped but are looking forward to switching to a camper!
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #2

Trailer: U-Haul 1985
Registry
hello hello, Laurel!! This is a great group of people and will give you all sorts of help! Explore around and enjoy!
Pam Garlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #3

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Hi Laurel (and husband) welcome to FiberglassRV, we're glad you're here

Lots of kind and helpful people here on the forums. You WILL post pictures when you get your Parkliner.. won't you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Did I miss fall already? Welcome to FGRV Laurel, we have a bunch of parkliner owners here.
Old 09-04-2013, 09:08 PM   #5

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Hello and Welcome Laurel! I think you will be very Happy!

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:37 AM   #6

Maryland
I'm really excited Pam directed me to this site. My husband, Jay, and I have really debated on getting a camper and what kind to get. I love the look and functionality of the parkliner. Reading some of the posts here makes me a bit nervous though- between the tire rubbing, battery venting, and lack of communication with the company. Jay and I are not very handy so I had really hoped that the parkliner would be an easy camper for us to learn on. I was also excited to see all the tutorials and information here. I'll need to read through those. I don't know what the wait list is for the parkliner now. I spoke to Cameron a few weeks ago and he said it was into the fall (November, maybe? I can't remember). We decided no need to get it in the winter so we asked if we could pick it up in the spring (March). That will give me time to read up on things here!
Old 09-05-2013, 07:23 AM   #7

New Jersey
Registry
Im sure you will enjoy it. I love mine!

Now I keep reminding myself its a small company and they are just horrid at returning calls... probably do more frequently for "sales" calls.

Their product is good, and if you read far enough you will see other brands have had issues with new trailers....things that missed quality control. Suposedly they are bolting the axles on now not welding it so they can add the spacer to raise the ParkLiner taller a bit to clear the rub issue... and they are moving the batteries forward to the tongue so the issue with venting would also be resolved.

IMHO I would have them install this fan Airxcel | Maxxair | Maxxfan over the fantastic fan because it can be open and running while raining outside for ventilation. Thom had them install one in his ParkLiner. I eventually want to do the same to mine. Ventilation is real important and when it rains and its hot and muggy being able to vent that out is a good thing. The other thing I would do(another thing Thom did) is have them replace the galley window slider with the one they use in their bathroom, a crank out model. A little bit bigger but can be cranked open and left open in the rain.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
Old 09-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #8

Maryland
Thanks, Deryk. Excellent advise!
Old 09-05-2013, 04:13 PM   #9

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Thumbs up

Greetings Laurel & congrats to you two on your upcoming arrival.

DEFINITELY have Chandler install the MaxxFan 5100! Way beyond the stock fantastic fan in functionality.

Keep pushing on the tire-rub solution... the smaller tires are not the "solution" for my #35 as they had hoped.

: ) Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #10
DJO

Name: DJO
Trailer: Parkliner #40 something
Colorado
Registry
Welcome!

Welcome Laurel!
The folks on this forum have been wonderful no matter what version of egg they own. So much "earned from experience" wisdom. We are keeping an eye on our tire rub and really enjoy the layout of our June manufactured Parkliner. I think that a few months of reading here will really help to prepare you for next spring.
DJO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:35 PM   #11

Name: elli
Trailer: ordered parkliner
Wyoming
Laurel, We too ordered Parkliner in May 2013 and its now November. We were originally given an August delivery date- then a Sept date, now they don't seem to want to give us a date at all but we see someone recently took new ownership of theirs who ordered in April so we have our fingers crossed. We have found sending our emails to Parkliner requesting reciept helps us get some return communication even if it's not an answer as to when we can expect our unit to be ready for delivery. We hope it will be soon. Just giving you a heads up because we know how exciting it is to make plans then have to change them because of communication issues. We still think it's the right camper for us or we wouldn't be waiting. Hope things go well for you!
Elli
elli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 07:33 PM   #12

Maryland
Elli- I hope we are able to get ours in March. As Fall has started, I had wished we had ordered it last year so that we could be camping now! I didn't see the need in picking it up this winter so we asked to be put on the calendar for March. I hope you get yours soon! The wait! Are you in Wyoming? Will you be driving in to pick it up? We are in MD so it is only a days drive for us. I will be looking forward to hear when you pick yours up!
Old 11-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #13

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
I'm just checking in here Laurel. Keep us posted on how things work out for you folks. We hope to visit the plant in May next year, get our battery upgrade, and I'm guess I'm gonna have to keep this fan and window issue in mind!

Best of luck to you!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:47 PM   #14

Maryland
Very Exciting News! I received a wonderful email from Chandler today and a follow up phone call from the new business consultant, Tom Bass. The email was very open and honest about the troubles at the company (wheel rub, battery, lack of communication) and how they are addressing these issues. I had a pleasant and reassuring conversation with Tom Bass about the company and the improvements in the business they are making. We had requested to pick up our camper in March and we are now scheduled for pick up on 3/7/14. I have a renewed sense of faith in the company!
Old 01-15-2014, 06:25 PM   #15

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Congrats Laurel, on the great news.
Old 01-15-2014, 06:40 PM   #16

Name: Carl
Trailer: 2013 Lil Snoozy #161 (SOLD)/2010 Tacoma
NE Oklahoma
Truth and Honesty covers a multitude of sins.
carlkeigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:50 PM   #17

Name: Brian
Trailer: 2013 ParkLiner
Upstate New York
Great news Laurel. Congratulations! Here's wishing you safe and happy adventures!

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.
Brian M. in NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #18

New Jersey
Registry
Awesome! I'm glad they are coming around. Its a small company that I really want tosee do well. I love my ParkLiner!

I can't wait till it warms up and I can start towing it with my frontier

Old 01-15-2014, 09:26 PM   #19

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelMS View Post
Very Exciting News! I received a wonderful email from Chandler today and a follow up phone call from the new business consultant, Tom Bass. The email was very open and honest about the troubles at the company (wheel rub, battery, lack of communication) and how they are addressing these issues.
Cool Beans! that is great news. We've all been pulling for Parkliner, glad to read they've turned the problems around.
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2014, 10:05 AM   #20

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Laurel, I'm so excited for you! We got our ParkLiner last month, and I'm loving it! Had to postpone our first planned trip due to a hospital stay for my dad, but we've had time to do some storage/convenience mods, and a sewing project or two. Will post pictures, maybe from Manatee Springs, FL next month. Meanwhile, I can say the ParkLiner is a great spot for a nap!
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner