Got our new PARKLINER!!! - Page 3 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2014, 07:04 PM   #41

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Hi Frank, THought you might like a pic of how I put the tv up. Worked out well. Feels sturdy.

ps. Thanks for sharing about the micorwave, I looked at mine and there are two screws from up underneath, looks like they are going into the bottom of the feet, so should be fine.
Aha! I thought you mounted from above, but nope, from the side. Honestly Gretchen, I'm not sure when I'm going to get to this stuff, at least for the next two or three days. Spring came, too much to do.

Thanks for the pics, I'm still thinking about this. Did you do a cable connection out to in, like this: Amazon.com: Prime Products 08-6215 White Weatherproof Cable TV Kit: Automotive

We have one coming. I think I will mount "out" to the left of the electrical plug, and run in and up that adjacent column (right behind the dinette window) to the upper cabinet and run the cable around the cabinets to the other side, and give me an outlet over by where the TV will be. Actually, I may put an outlet over by the dinette too. Hmmm. Whatever I do, pics will follow.

Hey, we had those screws in the bottom of our microwave too! When the microwave came out, those screws (big ones too) pulled right out. They're like sheetrock screws, NOT machine screws; i.e., they are not threaded to fit a corresponding embedded nut. Plus the darn microwave is heavy! Those aluminum straps are real easy to make, but the microwave has to come out to drill the upper holes. Peace of mind.

Gail & I did spend some time tonight going through camping stuff (we have a ton of it), and figuring out what to bring and where stuff would go for our first trip, and subsequent ones. Things will lighten up some next week and I can play more!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 07:21 AM   #42

Name: Gretchen
Trailer: Coachman Freedom Express
Tennessee
Thanks Frank for telling me about the microwave screws. Perhaps I will replace them with beefier ones at the least. I would hate for that to fall out as well.

Chandler ran a tv cable from the elec plug outside in and up thru the column, so just have to run it thru the cabinets to the tv.

My tv mount can only be used from the side. Don't know if there is a top mount type. My tv also has a dvd player in the top, got it at walmart, kinda nice.

Could zip tie the cords or put in a small plastic chase with double sided tape.

SPeaking of camping, time to load it up!!
Old 05-02-2014, 07:29 AM   #43

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretchen View Post
Thanks Frank for telling me about the microwave screws. Perhaps I will replace them with beefier ones at the least. I would hate for that to fall out as well.

Chandler ran a tv cable from the elec plug outside in and up thru the column, so just have to run it thru the cabinets to the tv.

My tv mount can only be used from the side. Don't know if there is a top mount type. My tv also has a dvd player in the top, got it at walmart, kinda nice.

Could zip tie the cords or put in a small plastic chase with double sided tape.

SPeaking of camping, time to load it up!!
It is my belief ours fell out in a long stretch of stop & go traffic on a terrible road in NJ (Route 17). We never even noticed till we got home. I think it started with the angle brackets that hold the shelf coming out. I replaced all those wood screws with bigger sizes, and through-bolted on the right where I could get into the cabinet. It's those angle brackets that have to be absolutely secure! Of course, I have gone above and beyond. It not only destroyed our microwave when it came off, but dented the stove top.

I can get to the the trailer maybe next week. My days through to Sunday night are packed with other stuff to do. All the stuff we ordered (TV mount, cable plug, etc) comes in today or tomorrow. We are making progress though, thanks!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #44

Name: Thom
Trailer: Chevy AWD Van Conversion
Astoria Oregon
Registry
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_a View Post
...These trailers are tall!
Tall is relative...

Our 15ft Parkliner @ 8'4" next to our 38ft Mobile Suite @ 13'4"

We get ~70+ mph winds with gusts up to 110 mph here on the Oregon Coast. Some stormy nights it's like driving down the Autobahn while trying to sleep.

Thom
Archive: Parkliner #35 build thread
accrete is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner