Parkliner Wiki - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2014, 08:59 PM   #1

Name: Joel
Trailer: Parkliner
Alabama
Parkliner Wiki

As our community knows, Parkliners do not come with an Owner's Manual. Old hands know the systems pretty well since they are standard in many RV makes, but for rookies, it can be intimidating and confusing. As a rookie myself, I started my own checklist for winterizing, de-winterizing, setting up and moving out. I thought we could work together to create a "wiki" with contributions from all to serve as a central reference for questions and tips. This thread may not be the answer, and maybe someone has already started one elsewhere, but I'll kick off with my attempts and please add what you can.

Please don't take my lists as gospel, and let me know right away if I am leading anyone down the wrong path.

Thanks!
Joel

Winterizing Water System
Turn off power and gas to water heater, turn off all pumps.

Thoroughly clean and dump the waste tank, then close.

Open all faucets and shower valves, place shower head on bath floor, flush toilet.

In the port side rear seat compartment way under the water pump is a well hidden lever.
• Drain the fresh water tanks by turning lever (1) in line with pipe.
In the starboard rear compartment just forward of the h/w tank are two lever valves (one well below).
• Drain the hot and cold lines by turning levers (2) and (3) in line with pipes.
Drain the hot water tank at the lower inlet fitting to h/w tank by opening the valve (4).
• Remove anode rod (not heating element)
o OPTIONAL - You can also remove the outside lower h/w drain plug and blow compressed air into the city water inlet with faucets open.
• Flush toilet without water three times.
• Run Flojet pump until water stops flowing from faucets (do not operate more than 15 min continuously).
• After draining completes, close h/w tank valve and then the three drain valves.
• Replace anode with Ύ” drain plug (use nylon thread tape) before adding antifreeze.
o Note: if you fail to close h/w tank valve it will take 6+ gallons of winterizing fluid to fill it before it will pump through the hot plumbing.

Pour one gallon of winterizing fluid into the port side water tank.
• Turn on the FloJet pump briefly to circulate fluid through the cold water plumbing and the drains,
• Turn on bathroom sump and flush the toilet to circulate winterizing fluid through the bathroom waste lines into the waste tank.
• Remove quick-connect fittings from Flojet and run shortly to catch remaining water with cloth/sponge/pan.
o Leave note on fill opening that plumbing is not connected. OPTIONAL - After shutting off the Flojet and sump pumps, open the h/w tank valve so winterizing fluid can back-flush into the tank. (not recommended by w/h procedures – some units have “bypass kit” to isolate w/h from circulation, antifreeze can cause sedimentation and harm anode)
o OPTIONAL – you may choose to drain out the winterizing fluid via the 3 drain valves, and dump the waste tank.

Store with all faucets and the three drain valves closed.

TEMPORARY WARM STORAGE
Toilet preparation:
• Flush normally then add 4 oz liquid biodegradable laundry detergent (no bleach), flush five times.
• Turn off water supply to toilet.
• Flush without water, three times.
• Turn off power to toilet.

Turn off power and gas to water heater, turn off all pumps.

Open all faucets and shower valves, place shower head on bath floor, flush toilet.

In the port side rear seat compartment way under the water pump is a well hidden lever.
• Drain the fresh water tanks by turning lever (1) in line with pipe.
In the starboard rear compartment just forward of the h/w tank are two lever valves (one well below).
• Drain the hot and cold lines by turning levers (2) and (3) in line with pipes.
• Drain the hot water tank at the lower inlet fitting to h/w tank by opening the valve (4).
o OPTIONAL - You can also remove the outside lower h/w drain plug and blow compressed air into the city water inlet with faucets open.
• Run Flojet pump until water stops flowing from faucets (do not operate more than 15 min continuously).
• After draining completes, close h/w tank valve and then the three drain valves.
• Leave faucets open.

Thoroughly clean and dump the waste tank, then close.

Turn off power and gas to refrigerator, wipe down, prop open door with travel latch.

Install trickle charger for battery.

OPENING AND CHARGING WATER SYSTEM

Ensure all power/gas is off to water heater. Close any open drain valves, including black water discharge.

Connect shore water and/or fill water tanks and hot water tank.

Open faucets until air is cleared. Turn on Flojet pumps until discharge is steady.
• Ensure shower sump and kitchen drain are operating appropriately.
• Ensure water heater is full, turn on gas or electric supply (see manual).
Joel B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:07 AM   #2

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
I love this idea! Thank you!
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:13 PM   #3

Alabama
Now if I can just figure out how to post links to other threads;-) There are lots of great ideas and tips on the Parkliner forum and I'd like to put them all in one place. Maybe together we can build our "owner's manual". This is a "self-service" thread, anyone please post here with links or descriptions of your own tips for Parkliner.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:52 PM   #4

Alabama
thread about accessing the AC power supply

Parkliner - Open Neutral at Air Conditioner - Fiberglass RV
Old 05-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #5

Name: Frank
Trailer: 2012 ParkLiner #006
New York
Boy Joel, what a great idea. When I get a chance, I'll do what I can. Right now I have the hubs off my EZ Lube spindles and hope to re-pack my bearings tonight, re-install them (and new seals) and pump grease into the axle.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
2013 4wd 4 door F150 3.5L Ecoboost with 9200# tow package
frank_a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #6

Name: Tammie
Trailer: ParkLiner
Alabama
Is that all? ;-) They always say "If you want something done, ask a busy man to do it!" Like I said in my original post, I am a novice and will greatly appreciate any help and advice we can accumulate here.

Thanks!
Joel
Tammie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:52 PM   #7

New York
Boy, if anybody wants or needs to know how to pull these EZ Lube spindles apart and re-grease & re-assemble, let me know. I did that over the last two days & took pics. This axle is all new to me, never did one of these. Besides getting new grease seals, I should have got new tang washers too, but will do that later. While the bearings looked okay, I will be putting all new stuff in before the end of the year. I know I can get US made seals at NAPA, I want to see if I can get US made bearings. Everything I took out and put back was Chinese.

One side was blue grease, one side red. Everything got cleaned and Lucas Red & Sticky is 006's new grease.

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-15-2014, 04:46 AM   #8

Name: Laurel
Trailer: parkliner
Maryland
I have another general question about setting up off grid. We had planned most of our camping to be in campgrounds but of course now our first trip planned will be off grid. We will be practicing to set up everything this weekend in preparation. What do I need to do to turn on everything from the battery? What about the water?
LaurelMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 05:10 AM   #9

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurelMS View Post
I have another general question about setting up off grid. We had planned most of our camping to be in campgrounds but of course now our first trip planned will be off grid. We will be practicing to set up everything this weekend in preparation. What do I need to do to turn on everything from the battery? What about the water?

As long as your battery (or batteries) are connected, you don't need to do anything. Somewhere on these ParkLiners is a freshwater tank you can fill, but I haven't got far enough yet to find it!

Too bad the company wasn't/isn't more engaged with folks that own these trailers. If they were, imagine how many more ParkLiners they would sell. We'd all be salespersons!

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-15-2014, 06:49 AM   #10

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yup Frank....I agree 100%. I wish they would get their act together and be honest with folks.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #11

New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by deryk View Post
Yup Frank....I agree 100%. I wish they would get their act together and be honest with folks.
Again, just think how effective happy ParkLiner campers would be as a sales force Deryk. I mean, we haven't camped with ours yet, and won't be in a "regular" campground till the July 4th weekend, but I imagine these trailers (like YOURS!) attract a lot of attention. So how do the discussions go with potentially interested folks?

Hmmm...

Frank
2012 ParkLiner #006
Old 05-15-2014, 10:54 PM   #12

Name: deryk
Trailer: 2012 Parkliner 2010 V6 Nissan Frontier 4x4
New Jersey
Registry
Yeah...I am honest with people. I do love my ParkLiner, and don't regret the purchase. I understand Chandler is in a start up business but communicate with people so they will have empathy.

All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.... J.R.R. Tolkien
deryk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parkliner