OR 1993 17.5' Bigfoot rear bath - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Marketplace > Classified Archives
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-07-2014, 08:16 PM   #1

Name: chris
Trailer: 93 bigfoot b17g
Oregon
1993 17.5' Bigfoot rear bath

1993 Bigfoot 17.5' rear bath for sale $6,600 everything works, newer batt, and tires. Scappoose Oregon pm contact info
Attached Thumbnails
trailer 028.jpg   trailer 030.jpg  

trailer 029.jpg   trailer 034.jpg  

Old 06-07-2014, 08:37 PM   #2

Do you have any more pics of the interior? Do all the appliances work? What appliances does the unit have?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:41 PM   #3

Oregon
more pics

stove, oven, 3-way fridge (120v 12vdc propane) propane furnace,tv, hot water heater, yes they all work
Attached Thumbnails
trailer 032.jpg   trailer 033.jpg  

trailer 031.jpg  
Old 06-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #4

Name: Daniel A.
Trailer: Bigfoot 17.0 1991 dlx
British Columbia
Registry
Nice unit I have a 1991 looks the same.
Old 06-08-2014, 06:27 AM   #5

Name: Laurie
Trailer: Currently shopping
Massachusetts
could you email me your tele. My cellphone service is not working I would like to talk to you about your trailer. Thanks laurie
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 AM   #6

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
Nice looking trailer and the price seems reasonable. It 1s a 17, not a 17.5. I made the same mistake when I bought my trailer. The 17.5 did not start until about 2005. Good luck with your sale. Someone will enjoy owning this trailer.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM   #7

Trailer: Burro 17 ft Widebody 1999
Does this have AC or is wired fir it?

Any leaks? Has it been stored outside?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 10:44 PM   #8

Trailer: Pop-up
Sending a private message, gorillaford.

Old 06-11-2014, 09:23 PM   #9

Oregon
sale pending

sale pending
Old 06-11-2014, 10:53 PM   #10

Name: Chuck
Trailer: tp
Washington
Bigfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by gorillaford View Post
1993 Bigfoot 17.5' rear bath for sale $6,600 everything works, newer batt, and tires. Scappoose Oregon pm contact info
Your Bigfoot is a 17ft model. The 17.5 did not come out until 2004 I think.
Chuck
Old 06-14-2014, 08:37 AM   #11

Name: Jeff
Trailer: In the market
Colorado
I'm in Colorado and would like to buy your Bigfoot. If you do not have a buyer at this time Please let me know. I will be there A.S.A.P.
Thanks, Jeff
Old 06-14-2014, 04:16 PM   #12

Trailer: Pop-up
Did this sell? Does it have a bunk above the gaucho?

Old 06-16-2014, 03:17 PM   #13

Colorado
At this time do you have a sale pending or is it sold?
Old 06-16-2014, 10:19 PM   #14

Colorado
Hi, Chris meant to ask, what are the dimensions of the inside. Front wall to back wall and side to side?
Thanks
Old 07-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #15

Massachusetts
Chris held this bigfoot for me as I gave him a deposit and I drove accross the country with my daughter for it. I asked many times if the trailer had any leaks and was told NO. When we got to the trailer their was obvious water damage visible in on the inside left of the trailer on the right side of the window, in the corner of the L shaped sofa with cracks and a couple of visible wholes as well as visible water damage on the wall. I also opened up the bunk storage door above the sofa and the damage to the fiberglass were the awning was screewed on showed clear signs of water damage as well as structual damage to the trailer. Steve at Lafayette rv outside of Portland looked at the pictures and told me that major structural damage had occured and it would cost more than I would pay for it to fix it as the awning was put on wrongly. Please don't drive across country to see what seems as a beautiful trailer. Chris said he didn't notice it, however if one is selling a trailer on a National site one needs to do some sort of inspection so that how one describes it and any claims one makes are correct as the buyer is counting on accurate representation and description of the item. Unless one says sold AS IS. He did give me my deposit back but that is all. I really don't want this to happen to anyone else. This is not just a simple water leak, according to Steve the structual integrity of the trailer has been compromised and he said DO NOT BUY IT. Chris is planning to take off the awning and patch it, it seems to be a jimmy fix and a way to pass the buck of a lost onto someone else without fixing the structual integrity of the trailer. If you want pictures you may contact me and I will send them to you. Hoping to spare another person waisting their time, money and gas to see a trailer that was not properly described and represented. I got Steve's number at Lafayette rv's from Bigfoot RV. Steve will remember the trailer if you want to have a better description of the damage on this or email me and I will send you the pictures. I believe I also have the serial number if needed. Good luck
Old 07-24-2014, 06:52 PM   #16

Oregon
Reply to a Very Crazy Lady

First let me say, she was told about a water leak at the rear window. I had no idea about the leak from awning-I have owned this trailer for just over 2 years and used it twice-I have not spent a whole lot of time in it. This is the reason for selling it. This lady also hired someone to inspect the trailer before driving across the country-they did not see the leak either? I was very patient and tried to make this work for her. I feel bad she drove out here, but this was a trip that she told me she was already going on for a vacation and to see friends. I wish I could have the 2 months of MY life back...This is the most difficult and nutty person I have ever had to deal with in my life. I hope she uses the deposit I gave back to see a shrink. She needs it! Ok, now on to the trailer, yes it is still for sale, with the price adjusted to $5,500, as per the needed repairs. There is no damage to the fiberglass, just the interior, which seems like a fix I have seen on this forum. First person with the money will buy the trailer AS IS. I will not hold, please don't ask. Sorry for the rant, but I am an honest person and don't like being attacked. I will send pictures as needed.
Old 07-24-2014, 07:43 PM   #17

Massachusetts
I never mentioned in my response that Chris was dishonest just that if one is selling a rv on a national site it is wise to know what you have so that when someone asks if their are any leaks you are familiar with obvious and clearly visualble leaks. Understandably if it were in some out of the way place like under the sink or toilet one could understand. This is not the case. Chris I believe did make a mistake of not being clear on the condition. I would just call Steve or ask for pictures as i dont think Chris is explaining it correctly. I gave him the Bigfoot repairmans number so that he could get clear of the damage and could represent it correctly. Its unfortunate that the awning was put on wrong not by Chris but the previous owners as now Chris has to deal with it. However i am hoping that the correct description is told so that no one else looses money and time over it. My heart goes out to Chris for his loss. He is correct i did have someone come out however just for visual to make sure the pictures were accurate.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:27 PM   #18

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
Chris,

Would it be possible for you to post closeup pictures of the two areas in question? I think people need to see the issue before they can make any decisions.

Can you tell if the awning is a factory installation? Even the factory awnings were simply bolted through the fiberglass shell without any extra wood blocking inside, and while it usually works it is also possible to strip the threads. There was a post here where someone added a block inside to fix this. It is difficult to imagine that it caused any significant structural damage.

Derek
Old 07-27-2014, 10:09 PM   #19

Oregon
It was a dealer add on, really don't think this is as bad as made out to be. Looks like the rear mount leaks, not the front.
Attached Thumbnails
1.jpg   IMG_0270.jpg  

IMG_0273.jpg  
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #20

Name: Derek
Trailer: Bigfoot 25RQ
Washington
So is the second picture the wall immediately below the rear awning mount? Is there a window leak too, or do you think the damage is solely due to a leak from the awning? One of the previous posts implied that there was also a window leak, but it looks to me that it is all due to the one problem.

The wall consists of fiberglass, a layer of foam, than a thin piece of plywood with the top "wallpaper". If you push on the bubbled surface layer, is the top layer just separated from the plywood backing, or is the plywood behind rotted? Does it appear that a little bit of water has caused the bubbling, or that the thin wood layer has actually rotted? (Even if it has, it is not structural.) Lastly, how far down the side of the window do you have to go before the wallboard is clearly fine?

Derek

Tags
bigfoot