Bigfoot24 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-25-2017, 09:29 AM   #1

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Bigfoot 25B21RB
Vermont
Angry Bigfoot24

Hi,

I'm Patrick from Vermont.
I recently purchased a new Bigfoot 21 foot trailer in Montana after months of research. As soon as I returned to the east coast it developed water leak issues
resulting in minor cosmetic damage to the woodwork.
The dealer and Bigfoot are currently in the process of trying to remedy the situation.
So far, Bigfoot has been supportive, but then again, the trailer is less than two months old. Only time will tell if there are other manufacturing defects requiring a similar level of response.
Hoping for the best...

Pat

"Fish now! Do everything else later."
bigfoot24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 07:04 PM   #2

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Sorry to hear this! Did you pinpoint where the leak(s) is/are coming from?
They are quality units, but like anything manufactured, there can be issues.
Hope yours are short lived and you enjoy your unit for many years to come.
JimKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #3

Trailer: Bigfoot Silver Cloud -1988
Send a message via Yahoo to Kevin A
Our 30 year old Bigfoot Silver Cloud had window leak issues sometime before we purchased it in 2016 that damaged inside wall woodwork. The windows had been resealed and leaks are gone, but I check frequently to make sure the windows are still tight. I took out the wood and replaced with a waterproof bathroom wall covering that will never rot. Good luck!
Kevin A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #4

Windows are an ongoing issue. Not hard to re-seal, but attention to them is important as they will leak creating a mess.

Besides periodic re-seal, I would highly suggest adding a flexible rain gutter above each window. You may want to seal, or caulk, above each window as well.
Here is a link to the rain gutter. I'm not endorsing the retailer as you can get these at just about any RV store. But they work!

Essential Products RV & Marine - EZE RV Gutters
JimKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 08:01 AM   #5

Name: Roy
Trailer: Bigfoot
Texas
Registry
Hi Patrick sorry to hear about your leakage problem. I have a 2015 25RQ and have had no issues so far. Any questions I have had regarding my trailer were promptly answered via email by,Grant Bilodeau, the CEO of Bigfoot. Most helpful and very accommodating group of folks. Also,JJ,nice advice on adding window gutters. Even though I don't have any leakage problems the adhesive gutter strips are a nice addition.
Roy M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2017, 12:23 PM   #6

Issues with BF 25FB25 -- 2016

We've had a few issues with our 2016 25FB25, taken it to the dealer but every single issue we had to redo ourselves.

1. Leak under bathroom cold water sink. Dealer tried to fix by pushing air through the plumbing & tightening fixture. We had to redo ourselves as it didn't help one bit, but taking fixture off & reseating helped.

2. Roof around fantastic fan started leaking, we resealed the vent on top. Suspect storing ours outside in Colorado heat/sun 2nd year caulk corrected. The leaks can appear anywhere around the trailer but found it after roof self inspection.

3. Bathroom door expands when we travel to Florida/Texas (from humidity) and we can't close the door. Dealer couldn't help, they said they adjusted, but still happens. Called factory, no help, never heard of it. So we'll carry a plane to shave the door next time.

4. Other minor electrical intermittent issues, but solved them ourselves by tightening fasteners.

Overall we love the trailer, easier to pull, and heat when it's cool, have the extended storage on the front which is amazing.
DannyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 07:47 AM   #7

Name: bob
Trailer: Was A-Liner now 13f Scamp
Missouri
Issues

wow and double wow I guess this is why I like buying used. Our 1995 Scamp has all the bugs worked out it has one leak I cannot figure out where its comeing from I think its a window.

I have learned what to look for here so thanks and thanks

bob

p/s I would be so unhappy to spend this sort of money to find these problems but its the way things are today I guess! sad.
k0wtz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot