KS Sept.7-11, 2011: Kansas Egg-stravaganza - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Fiberglass RV > Rallies | Camping | Trip Reports > Rallies, Get-togethers, Molded Meets (Archive)
Click Here to Login
Register Registry FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #1

Trailer: Casita 17 ft Spirit Deluxe
Sept.7-11, 2011: Kansas Egg-stravaganza

It may be too early to make your reservations,
but it’s not too early to make your plans.

2011 Kansas Egg-stravaganza

Formerly called Kansas Casita Get Together

September 7 – September 11, 2011

WEST ROLLING HILLS, MILFORD LAKE

Getting There:

West Rolling Hills (KS)
5203 N. K-57 Hwy.
Junction City KS 66441

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
39.075, -96.92333

I-70 to exit 290 then 5 miles north to 244 then east 1/2 mile to park road, north to the

T intersection, turn right to campground entrance. (you can see the entrance from the T)
Tom McRae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:05 PM   #2

Trailer: 1991 Scamp 16 ft
Oooooh, something close to me! I have this on the calendar but I know we won't be able to stay the whole time due to work. It'd be more of a weekend thing for us at that time of year. Hope to see some more people.

1991 Scamp 16'
Bryan L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:05 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan L. View Post
Oooooh, something close to me! I have this on the calendar but I know we won't be able to stay the whole time due to work. It'd be more of a weekend thing for us at that time of year. Hope to see some more people.
We will be glad to see you whenever you get there. Come when you can, stay as long as you can and enjoy yourself while you are there.

Tom
Old 03-07-2011, 09:38 AM   #4

Reservations are now open for West Rolling Hills campground at
http://www.recreation.gov/
(copy and paste, this is not a hyperlink)

We are in B-38. Please let me know your site #
Thanks,
Tom
Old 03-07-2011, 10:55 AM   #5

Trailer: 1988 16 ft Scamp Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom McRae View Post
http://www.recreation.gov/
(copy and paste, this is not a hyperlink)

Yes it is a hyperlink! Bet some nice person fixed it for you
Donna D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2011, 10:40 PM   #6

Here is the list of who has let me know that they are coming as of 4/8/11
B-07 Chuck & Sandie
B-25 Jane & Maurice
B-28 Charles & Carol
B-29 Emily
B-30 Rob
B-31 The Clarks
B-32 Mel & Mary Ellen
B-33 Bob & Mary
B-34 Jerry & Katherine
B-35 Gene & Nelene
B-38 Larry & Debbie
B-39 Tom & Joyce
Old 06-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #7

Just an update on our campground.
Once again B-Loop is closed due to the high lake level. This is the down side of Milford Lake being a flood control reservoir. The West Rolling Hills website says it is closed through July 5th so we should be in good shape by September. It also shows that there are still 8 sites available for the get-together in B Loop and another 7 electric sites in A loop if needed.
Joyce and I will start working on an agenda after Sundown Salute (the Junction City 4th of July celebration).
Tom
Old 07-09-2011, 03:27 PM   #8

2011 Kansas Casita Get Together

September 7 – September 11, 2010

WEST ROLLING HILLS, MILFORD LAKE

I-70 to exit 290 then 5 miles north to 244 then east 1/2 mile to park road, north to the

T intersection, turn right to campground entrance. You can see the entrance from the T

Agenda

Wed, Sept 7
Any time: Welcome and set-up. Then explore the area on your own or play games at the campground. (We have washer toss and bolo golf. Bring your games. Maybe we can work up a tournament.
6:00 PM to ??: Campfire and Hot Dog roast. (Dogs, buns, onions, catsup, mustard and relish furnished) Bring a side dish or chips to share. Bring your own beverages.
Thurs, Sept 8
8:00: Coffee and camp donuts
1:00-2:00 Let’s do lunch somewhere (Restaurant information will be available so we can all choose one)
Afternoon free to explore or play games.
7:00: Campfire and chat

Fri, Sept 9
8:00: Coffee
9:30 Let’s show off our Casitas. We will walk the campground and anyone wanting to show their Casita can do so as we get to it.
Afternoon free to explore or play games
6:00 Potluck. Bring your best Casita dish.
7:00 Campfire and chat

Sat, Sept 10
8:00: Coffee and Omelets in a Bag. Each person needs to bring two (or more) raw eggs and an omelet ingredient (or two) to share (cheese, ham, peppers, mushrooms or whatever) and we will make our own omelets.
6:00: Grill your dinner. We’ll fire up grills; you bring your own meat to cook for yourself. Bring a side dish or your potluck leftovers to share.
Campfire and chat. Opening of our “Trick or Treat” Bags. What is the plan for next year? Saturday Night Sundaes,(ice cream furnished bring a topping to share)

Sun, Sept 11
8:00: Coffee, cereal bars, and OJ.
Saying our farewells and breaking camp.

“Trick or Treat” Bags
Looks like we will have 15-20 sites this year and we’ve come up with a fun idea. Let’s share something we have discovered in our Casita experiences. We will have a bag for each camper and you can (if you wish) add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Tree) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Casita, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover what our treasures are. It should be fun but not a burden so remember to keep it simple.

Area attractions include:
Abilene (20 miles): Eisenhower Center and Presidential Library, Greyhound Hall of Fame, Old Abilene Town, Museum of Independent Telephony, Seelye Mansion and Gardens, antique stores, Russell Stover Candy factory and store, Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad Excursion Train.
Junction City (8 miles): Geary County Historical Museum, C. L. Hoover Opera House, Buffalo Soldier Memorial, Kansas Viet Nam Memorial, Spring Valley Historical Site, and Atomic Annie
Fort Riley (15 miles): First Territorial Capital, Custer House, Cavalry Museum, 1st Infantry Division Museum.
Manhattan (28 miles): K-State Campus, Beach Museum of Art, Sunset Zoo,
Wakefield (15 miles): Kansas Landscape Arboretum
Milford (10 miles): Milford Museum
Milford Nature Center and Fish Hatchery (FREE) Below Milford Dam
Konza Prairie Biological Station located approximately 25 miles from Milford Lake. Includes public trails.
River Walk Trail (hiking/biking trail) Runs from below the dam to Ft Riley/Junction City.
Old 07-11-2011, 11:01 AM   #9

Trailer: Scamp 19 ft 5th Wheel
We will be there! Site B-13. After Kansas we'll be heading to Iowa for the Moffet's!
J&T Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 04:28 PM   #10

Location Change

Immediate action requested

If you had reservations at West Rolling Hills, you have already received the Robo-Call and e-mail advising that the campground has been closedfor the rest of the season due to high water. Your reservation has been cancelled and a refund issued.

The Kansas Egg-stravaganza will be held as scheduled.

We are moving to Farnum Creek Campground at Milford Lake. I just checked and it does have, as of 4:30 today, enough vacancies. You doneed to make new reservations right away in A Loop (inner loop, since sitesA-20 – A-30 are close to the water may be subject to flooding if the lakecontinues to rise.)

Please e-mail me at tommcrae85@yahoo.comwith your site number and a phone number where I can contact you in case of more changes.

A-loop has water and electricity and the shower house isnearby. If the campground is full, I wasadvised we will be allowed to double up. However, only one camper would be able to connect to electricity so wewould want to pair up so at least one would have a generator.

GPS Info.(Latitude, Longitude):
39.07778, -95.89167

I-70 to exit 295 then north on US Hwy. 77 11 miles to park entrance.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:51 PM   #11

Kansas Egg-stravganza update

Well, it is getting closer. I just hope the forced change of location doesn’t cause anyone any problems. 17 folks have provided me with their site numbers in A Loop of Farnum Creek campground. There are 3 units that had reservations at West Rolling Hills who have not contacted me with a Farnum Creek site number. Below is a list of who is attending. The A- number is for Farnum Creek. The B- number is the site they had reserved at WRH before the Corps closed it due to the high lake level.

A-1 B-39 Tom & Joyce
A-6 B-13 Judy & Terry
A-9 B-28 Charles & Carol
A-10 Susan & Dave
A-11 B-33 Bob & Mary
A-12 B-29 Emily
A-14 Marlene and John
A-16 B-31 Rich and Rei
A-18 B-07 Chuck & Sandie
A-19 B-32 Mel & Mary Ellen
A-21 B-35 Gene & Nelene
A-25 B-19 Mark & Cindy
A-37 B-30 Rob
A-38 Kevin & Pam
A-44 B-17 Craig
A-45 B-23 Jim & Kim
A-46 B-38 Larry & Debbie

I have not heard from:
B-20 Wally & Diane
B-25 Jane & Maurice
B-34 Jerry & Katherine

Looking forward to seeing all of you next month
Tom
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 PM   #12

Update as of 8/21/11.
Even though we have moved to higher ground, we continue to be plagued by high water. (A problem our friends in Texas would love to have right now). Milford Lake is currently about 13 feet above conservation level. It also has a blue - green algae problem in various areas and parts of the lake are closed to swimming, skiing and jet skiing.
IMPORTANT for PET OWNERS: Blue-Green Algae is deadly to pets. In our neighborhood and in the city of Milford several dogs have died due to drinking lake water. Be sure to keep your pets out of the lake.
Farnum Creek campground remains open, but sites 18 – 29 are closed due to the water level. The actual pad sites are not in the water but the fire rings and picnic tables are. We have three units who have probably received either reservation changes or cancellations from the Corps.
A-18 Chuck & Sandie
A-19 Mel & Mary Ellen
A-21 Gene & Nelene
There are no reserveable sites currently available in A Loop. However, there are at least 8 sites that are held as first come first served and cannot be reserved so we should have room for everyone. I will recheck with the ranger, but was told earlier that if the campground was full we would be able to double up. In addition B Loop is open but does not have hookups.
Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks.

Tom
Old 08-31-2011, 09:06 PM   #13

Kansas Egg-stravaganza Update

2011 Kansas Egg-stravaganza

With only a few days until we are underway, we have good news and bad news.
It looks like we will get a break from the 100 degree temperatures. The 10 day forecast calls for highs in the low 80’s with lows in upper 50’s for the start of rally.
The lake has been closed to all water activities due to the Blue-green algae bloom. People and pets will have to stay away from the water.

Agenda

Wed, Sept 7
Any time: Welcome and set-up. Then explore the area on your own or play games at the campground
6:00 PM to ??: Welcome Campfire and Hot Dog roast. (Dogs, buns, onions, catsup, mustard and relish furnished) Bring a side dish or chips to share. Bring your own beverages.
Thurs, Sept 8
8:00: Coffee and camp donuts
1:00-2:00 Let’s do lunch somewhere (Restaurant information will be available so we can all choose one)
7:00: Campfire and chat

Fri, Sept 9
8:00: Coffee
9:30 Let’s show off our Eggs. We will walk the campground and anyone wanting to show their camper can do so as we get to it.
Afternoon free to explore or play games
6:00 Potluck. Bring your best rally dish.
7:00 Campfire and chat

Sat, Sept 10
8:00: Coffee and Omelets in a Bag. Each person needs to bring two (or more) raw eggs and an omelet ingredient (or two) to share (cheese, ham, peppers, mushrooms or whatever) and we will make our own omelets.
6:00: Grill your dinner. We’ll fire up grills; you bring your own meat to cook for yourself. Bring a side dish or your potluck leftovers to share.
Campfire and chat. Opening of our Rally Bags*. What is the plan for next year?
Saturday Night Sundaes, (icecream furnished, bring a topping to share and bring a bowl and spoon)

Sun, Sept 11
8:00 Coffee, cereal bars, and OJ.
Saying our farewells and breaking camp.
*Rally Bags
Looks like we will have 20-25 Eggs this year and we’ve come up with a fun idea. Let’s share something we have discovered in our camping experiences. We will have a bag for each Egg so you can (if you wish) add something to each bag. The only rule is: CHEAP! (Tom’s hint: Dollar Store) It can be something you make, something you buy, a useful website, a recipe you really love, a hint for your Egg, an appropriate cartoon, anything you think others would appreciate. The possibilities are endless. We will pass the bags out on Saturday evening and discover what our treasures are. It should be fun but not a burden so remember to keep it simple.

Throughout Rally
We’ll put up a table somewhere for campers to sell or give away things they no longer need. It will be on the honor system so put your name and price on the items so the person who claims your castoffs knows who they need to settle up with. Books, movies, camper parts, jacks, whatever…..

GAMES: We have Washer Toss and Bolo Golf. Feel free to bring your games. If we have enough interest we can work up a tournament.
Area attractions include:
Abilene (25 miles): Eisenhower Center and Presidential Library, Greyhound Hall of Fame, Old Abilene Town, Museum of Independent Telephony, Seelye Mansion and Gardens, antique stores, Russell Stover Candy factory and store, Abilene & Smoky Valley Railroad Excursion Train.
Junction City (11 miles): Geary County Historical Museum, C. L. Hoover Opera House, Buffalo Soldier Memorial, Kansas Viet Nam Memorial, Spring Valley Historical Site, and Atomic Annie
Fort Riley (15 miles): First Territorial Capital, Custer House, Cavalry Museum, 1st Infantry Division Museum.
Manhattan (28 miles): K-State Campus, Beach Museum of Art, Sunset Zoo,
Wakefield (15 miles): Kansas Landscape Arboretum
Milford (2 miles): Milford Museum
Milford Nature Center and Fish Hatchery (FREE) Below Milford Dam
Konza Prairie Biological Station located approximately 25 miles from Milford Lake. Includes public trails.
River Walk Trail (hiking/biking trail) runs from below the dam to Ft Riley/Junction City.

Tags
eggcamper