CO Colorado Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - camp Hale July 18-20 2011 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 PM   #1

Trailer: 16 ft Scamp
Colorado Rocky Mountain Egg Rendezvous - camp Hale July 18-20 2011

There will be an Egg Get-Together at Camp Hale in the Colorado Rockies July 18th thru the 20th.
Go to rockymtneggrendezvous.com for more information.
Thom Rowland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 10:34 PM   #2

Trailer: Eggcamper 2007 ('Wolf's Lair')
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
There will be an Egg Get-Together at Camp Hale in the Colorado Rockies July 18th thru the 20th.
Go to rockymtneggrendezvous.com for more information.
Hey Thom

We'll be there. Camp Hale is our favorite camping area.

The EggCamper at Camp Hale in 2010.
Attached Thumbnails
EggCamper_CampHale2010.jpg  
Orlen Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 11:29 PM   #3

Name: Mike
Trailer: 2012 Escape 19
Oklahoma
Sounds like a great location. I have to be in Colorado at that time for a business meeting, and might be able to make it there on Tuesday. That is, if I find another egg by then...
Mike Magee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011, 12:43 AM   #4

Trailer: 2007 Casita
Hi Thom, Most likely I won't be able to come up and camp. But I might run up and visit.............. Glad to see more glass activity in Colorado!

I just spoke with Keith this last weekend and got the dates for the Fall Rally at Cherry Creek. I will get it posted this week as well.
Robin G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 PM   #5

Hi Robin,
Hope you can make it, for one day or longer.
Thom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin G View Post
Hi Thom, Most likely I won't be able to come up and camp. But I might run up and visit.............. Glad to see more glass activity in Colorado!

I just spoke with Keith this last weekend and got the dates for the Fall Rally at Cherry Creek. I will get it posted this week as well.
Old 02-16-2011, 12:13 AM   #6

Thanks Thom I just might. You never know in my world what will work and what won't. I just shoot for trying...................... LOL!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:42 PM   #7

Trailer: 77 Scamp 13 ft / Landrover Freelander
one more right here
brian dobbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 04:28 PM   #8

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
We'll be there. Sounds like a great time!
Spencer Wentworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 10:11 AM   #9

Name: Dan
Trailer: popup currently, I feel dirty ;-)
Colorado
Wish I could make it, but we're weekend warriors. Can't get up there midweek.
LurkerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:38 AM   #10

Name: Peter
Trailer: 1971 Amerigo
Colorado
My 13' Boler is available for rent on these dates.

Peter
Littleton CO
Peter_Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:13 PM   #11

Name: Alice
Trailer: 2018 Casita SD - Kondo A-Go-Go
Utah
Registry
I have been looking for a link to the area which is non-dry camping, but having no success. Can anyone provide a line for info and making reservations?
Thanks,
Alice

KONDO A-GO-GO - I GO WHERE I'M TOWED
Wallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #12

Name: Dan
Trailer: popup currently, I feel dirty ;-)
Colorado
I don't think there is any camping with hookups. This is the Camp Hale CG and it has no hookups. The CG gets you pit toilets, it appears.

From the rendezvous link:

Quote:
Vault toilets are provided at Camp Hale only in the developed and group campgrounds. No potable water is available. To the south, the city of Leadville's Sanitation Department operates a dump station and potable water spigot on the south side of town at the southwest corner of Hwy 24 and McWethy Dr. [Cr-41], near the Colorado Mountain College campus. The dump fee is $5. To the north, the town of Edwards has a free dump station and potable water at its I-70 rest area.
LurkerDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 11:02 PM   #13

Oklahoma
When there's nice free space so close by, paying for a site with pit toilets would "be the pits"! At least for those of us with a trailer potti of some sort, anyway. I ended up with an un-egg, but at least it has a FG gelcoat on it, so I'm planning to sneak in on Tuesday after my business meetings are over. It would be great to see a whole panful of egg trailers at one location!
Old 05-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Magee View Post
When there's nice free space so close by, paying for a site with pit toilets would "be the pits"! At least for those of us with a trailer potti of some sort, anyway. I ended up with an un-egg, but at least it has a FG gelcoat on it, so I'm planning to sneak in on Tuesday after my business meetings are over. It would be great to see a whole panful of egg trailers at one location!
Sorry you couldn't find an egg but you don't need an egg to be welcome. Looking forward to meeting you .
Old 06-02-2011, 07:51 AM   #15

There are about 12 trailers so far and 3 maybes for a total of 15. Should be a good time.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:49 PM   #16

Sounds like your gonna have a good turn out Thom.

I won't be up to camp, but my plan is to visit one day.......
Old 06-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #17

We just learned the US Forest Service is no longer allowing dispersed (boondock) camping at Camp Hale. Therefore, we’ve reserved the Forest Service Group Site (Camp Hale, East Fork Group Site, East Loop) for the nights of Sunday, July 17th through Tuesday, July 20th. (Arrive on Sunday for the folks who want to come early. Depart on Wednesday unless some decide to stay longer and the site remains available.) The group campsite is in the southeast corner of Camp Hale’s large flat area. We’re estimating that the group site will cost each “egg” trailer in the range of $5 / night. Of course this depends on how many show up and for how many nights.

There is a vault toilet, but no running water in the group campground. So make sure you’re filled up with water before departing Leadville (from the south) or Minturn (from the north). We’ll also plan to bring a few extra gallons.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:44 PM   #18

Oklahoma
Dadgum gummint! Oh well, can't fight city hall...
Old 06-25-2011, 01:40 PM   #19

Oh I think you guys are gonna have a good time anyway! Still thinking I will get up and check it out. Though Rod has been in the hospital for 2 weeks, and I need to get caught up on things. But I also need a glass fix! Since I can't get the Casita out to play, I will visit some glass........
Old 07-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #20

6/21/11 - MINOR CHANGE:**PLEASE NOTE*
* Rick / Thom / Greg have decided they will cover the cost ($85 each) for the group but would appreciate any contributions to help defray this unexpected cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Rowland View Post
We just learned the US Forest Service is no longer allowing dispersed (boondock) camping at Camp Hale. Therefore, we’ve reserved the Forest Service Group Site (Camp Hale, East Fork Group Site, East Loop) for the nights of Sunday, July 17th through Tuesday, July 20th. (Arrive on Sunday for the folks who want to come early. Depart on Wednesday unless some decide to stay longer and the site remains available.) The group campsite is in the southeast corner of Camp Hale’s large flat area. We’re estimating that the group site will cost each “egg” trailer in the range of $5 / night. Of course this depends on how many show up and for how many nights.

There is a vault toilet, but no running water in the group campground. So make sure you’re filled up with water before departing Leadville (from the south) or Minturn (from the north). We’ll also plan to bring a few extra gallons.

Tags
eggcamper