New mattress-custom made for Scamp - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-16-2016, 12:47 PM   #21

Name: Teresa
Trailer: Scamp
New York
Making that fifth wheel mattress work

Ours is not the deluxe model, but the mattress is still challenging as it is. I like a foam topper and a mattress pad, so I simply (not so simple, really) wrapped the mattress pad around the foam topper, since it is nearly impossible to tuck anything around the existing cushions. Then I wrapped the fitted queen sheet around the pad and mattress topper with an unfitted sheet tucked in the bottom (feet end). It's a little lumpy, but we're camping, right?

Sleeping from port to starboard, we still don't have enough foot room, but we make it do and my husband is 6'3". Scamp says it's a queen mattress, but we figured out it is a queen only if you raise up the side (front end - sofa end) with those supports. But then how do you get in and out of bed when you need the lav at night? We thought we'd have a step stool in place - but there is no room for that. So we sacrifice foot room in order to sleep port to starboard and we're okay with that.
terrinolte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 02:20 PM   #22

Trailer: 2002 16 ft Scamp
As mentioned earlier in this thread, we have an 19D with the side bath and a Southern Mattress mattress. Several years ago we bought a queen Travasak (sp?) and are still using it. It's basically two comforters (one summer weight and another a bit heavier) with a perimeter zipper around both sides and the foot with upper and lower sheets attached with Velcro. Takes only a couple of minutes to zip it back up and tuck it in around the sides. We were in SD earlier this month and stayed warm enough with around freezing temps without running the furnace until we got up.

These folks are no longer in business but a company by the name of rvsuperbag is offering a similar product. No experience with them and the price seems higher than I recall it but may be worth a look
Al and Cindy K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
scamp