Casita Toilet Install - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2011, 09:51 AM   #1

Name: TravelRN910
Trailer: 2017 17' Casita Spirit Deluxe
California
Registry
Casita Toilet Install

Here are the changes that I have made to my 1994 16' Casita since buying it last month. Click on the link below:

Smilebox Playback
TravelRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:03 AM   #2

Name: Borden and Carole
Trailer: 1978 Earlton Ontario boler
Ontario
Registry
Toilet upgrade; looks very good
Borden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:54 AM   #3

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Real nice Job..... I have the exact same year and size trailer and you made that thing look brand new.
Do you have a Holding Tank for the new Toilet? Mine is built in just under the commode but it's the old original toilet still in good condition and your upgrade looks really good..... along with all the rest of the work you did.
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 12:23 PM   #4

California
Registry
Casita Toilet Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Z View Post
Real nice Job..... I have the exact same year and size trailer and you made that thing look brand new.
Do you have a Holding Tank for the new Toilet? Mine is built in just under the commode but it's the old original toilet still in good condition and your upgrade looks really good..... along with all the rest of the work you did.
Joe
Thanks Joe! No, I chose to keep it simple on the holding tank issue. I have a portable holding tank that I will use when I boondock. Otherwise, I will always be hooked up to a campground sewer system, so that mostly illiminates the need for another holding tank. I am streamlining my travels and I don't want to carry S_ _ _ with me. Literally!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:26 PM   #5

California
Registry
Casita Toilet Installation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borden View Post
Toilet upgrade; looks very good
Thanks Borden and Carole! It was fun to do... and the local Camping World parts counter guy quoted me $3000 to do the job, I did it for under $300 in about 4 hours.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #6

Name: PDowning
Trailer: "Currently Shopping"
OK
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelRN View Post
Thanks Joe! No, I chose to keep it simple on the holding tank issue. I have a portable holding tank that I will use when I boondock. Otherwise, I will always be hooked up to a campground sewer system, so that mostly illiminates the need for another holding tank. I am streamlining my travels and I don't want to carry S_ _ _ with me. Literally!
I am new to camping, and didn't read on before I asked about the "Black Holding Tank". I didn't realize you could have a portable black tank. How do you clean it? That would seem impossible..

Camper Downing from Oklahoma
Paula Downing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 07:59 PM   #7

Trailer: 16 ft Casita Spirit Deluxe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paula Downing View Post
I am new to camping, and didn't read on before I asked about the "Black Holding Tank". I didn't realize you could have a portable black tank. How do you clean it? That would seem impossible..

Camper Downing from Oklahoma
Make sure there is plenty of fluids in it so nothing gets dried or stuck to the bottom......if possible fill it up with more water before dumping..... then dump....partially refill with water and dump again.... all the solids will be gone and fairly clean at that point.....you can repeat if you want it cleaner.. Oh! make sure the vent cap is open when filling or draining. It's really pretty easy
Joe
Joe Z is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
casita