Feb 18-21, 2011: Casita and Friends rally at Myrtle Beach - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-08-2011, 07:26 PM   #1

Trailer: Casita
Feb 18-21, 2011: Casita and Friends rally at Myrtle Beach

The 2011 Casita and Friends Myrtle Beach rally is scheduled for Feb. 18-21 at Myrtle Beach Travel Park http://www.myrtlebeachtravelpark.com/ As always, this rally is open to everyone, regardless of the type of camper they have. This is a relatively unstructured rally due to the variety of activities available at the beach; however, one night may be designated for a potluck meal. Due to unpredictable winter weather, most of us will probably not be making reservations with the campground, as they will not refund the deposit within 7 days of the arrival date. If you plan to attend, let us know with a message to mjones12@triad.rr.com and we will let the campground know about a week ahead of time that we’re bringing a group. They always have many available campsites on the beach, and we’ve never had a problem getting plenty of adjoining sites. We always have a great time at this rally, and we hope to see you there.
mjones12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #2

Trailer: Outback (by Trillium) 2004
Registry
sounds like fun!
i have sent you an email.
theresa p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by theresa p View Post
sounds like fun!
i have sent you an email.

We look forward to hearing from you. We had a Trillium at our June rally, and we all enjoyed seeing it and learing more about it.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:59 PM   #4

Name: jim
Trailer: 2022 Escape19 pulled by 2014 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport
Pennsylvania
Registry
Myrtle Beach

I'm definitely interested as I look at the 5" snow we got yesterday. But as a lifelong routine driver of I95 I try to avoid rush hour friday driving, particularly thru Baltimore, Washington, DC and never travel there on an extended holiday. My point being, that Monday is a federal holiday and traffic will be horrendous as will the friday before. If you moved the date one day earlier to 2/17-2/20 then those coming from the north may avoid congestion by traveling on a wednesday or thursday and returning home on a sunday. Just a suggestion from an ex I95 commuter.
cpaharley2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpaharley2008 View Post
I'm definitely interested as I look at the 5" snow we got yesterday. But as a lifelong routine driver of I95 I try to avoid rush hour friday driving, particularly thru Baltimore, Washington, DC and never travel there on an extended holiday. My point being, that Monday is a federal holiday and traffic will be horrendous as will the friday before. If you moved the date one day earlier to 2/17-2/20 then those coming from the north may avoid congestion by traveling on a wednesday or thursday and returning home on a sunday. Just a suggestion from an ex I95 commuter.
Thank you. Very good points. However, we have always held this event specifically in conjunction with the holiday with no real problems. We do this because many of us still work, and the holiday gives us an extra day. Perhaps you could come a day early and leave on Sunday. We hope you find a way to make it.

Tags
casita