amerigo windows - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2015, 05:08 AM   #1

Name: Janine
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo
Michigan
amerigo windows

Does anyone know where I could find the push out hardware for the windows? Mine are all just about gone,,either from rust or broken. I've been trying to find or come up with an alternative for some time now.....help
jazmine525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:42 AM   #2

Name: Steve
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16
North Carolina
Janine,
If you're referring to the rinkey dink window latches that like to break if you look at them funny then here's what I had done to replace my broken/missing latches.

My windows were manufactured by Creation Incorporated in Three Rivers, MI and AFAIK they have closed up shop. I figured making replacement parts was my best option.

I looked for aluminum stock the same size as the arms (1/8" x 7/16") at the big box stores with no luck so I stopped at a local fabrication shop and had them shear a couple of 3' lengths from a piece of scrap they had in their cutoff bin. After cutting them to length, straightening the twist out of them from the shear and cutting the notches in them the arms were ready.

The pivot part that mounts to the window is a little more difficult to make. I bought some 1/16" x 1/2" aluminum angle @ Home Depot & cut a small piece that then needed some extra bends added to it. The aluminum is brittle so you need to take it easy shaping it. I think I messed up 2 or 3 before getting one that worked.

The pivot was originally riveted to the window frame but I simply epoxied it in place w/JB Weld.

After some careful measurements I drilled 1/8" holes in the arm & pivot bracket then pop riveted them together. They've held up good so far, however I've been very careful when opening or closing them.

SteveV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 12:26 PM   #3

Name: Rich & Linda
Trailer: Amerigo
Indiana
very nice thanks for the post steve
MRClaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #4

Name: Kathleen (Kai: ai as in wait)
Trailer: Amerigo FG-16 1973 "Peanut"
Greater Seattle Metropolitan Area, Washington
Registry
Thanks for the pictures, Steve, and the explanation of what you did to fix it. Very clear and helpful!
Kai in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 02:52 PM   #5

Name: Janine
Trailer: 1973 Amerigo
Michigan
Smile window levers

Thank you so much for that solution. i'll be looking for someone to make them for me...I've been struggling with that for some time.

Janine
jazmine525 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amerigo, windows