Hi! New Boler owner - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-30-2014, 03:33 PM   #1

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Hi! New Boler owner

Hi all!

My husband and I just looked at, bought, and towed home an '81 Boler last night!

I've been stalking the forums here looking for information on what to look for and I hope we got a decent one! It's going to need a little bit of work but IMHO it looks pretty good! We have no idea how any of the systems work as the previous owner only ran the fridge (and that was done by plugging it in) so I hope to spend some time in the document centre and will be asking lots of questions. Like... I forgot to look for a water tank and now don't see one. Is it possible it's hidden somewhere??

I'm amazed at all the wealth of information online as, in less than a week, I went from having no clue what a Boler was to be an owner of one! I was googling "lightweight campers" last week as the result of a conversation my friend and I were having over our husbands not wanting to tent any more and what came up was lightweight fiberglass trailers! I instantly fell in love and started looking for one last Thursday. And now I have one. Happy dance!!

Morgyn

Here's one of the two pictures I took when we were buying it last night. We got home after dark and I haven't been out yet to visit it where we parked it at my father's. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByFiberglass RV1406755892.254646.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	139.3 KB
ID:	74253

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:04 PM   #2

Name: Brandi
Trailer: 1985 Uhaul CT
Texas
Very cute! Welcome to the group. I'm not a Boler person so I can't help you on the water tanks. I personally just took mine out since I just can't see me ever wanting to drink stored water. I can get a table top jug from Walmart if I don't have a hookup.

I can't wait to see your pics. Got any plans?

Brandiwhne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:19 PM   #3

Name: Morgyn
Trailer: Boler
Nova Scotia
Hi! New Boler owner

I have no idea where to even start with it! It's supposed to be a rainy day tomorrow so I think I'll drive to my Dad's and just hang out in it while making lists of things to do. I think first off I need to figure out how all of the systems work! I really know nothing about campers as I've tented my whole life. I don't even know what the squishy stuff on the walls is even called! Is that the ensolite I see mentioned a lot?

My husband wants me to paint the outside to look kind of like the TARDIS (the blue police box from Doctor Who) as it seems like the Boler is "bigger on the inside". But that will have to wait until I do any repairs that need to be done. Do you know if there's a list somewhere for helping with prioritizing repairs? That might help with where to start!

I don't think we'll be towing it around the province (NS) this camping season but I'm looking forward to taking it on weekend trips next year. Our daughter is dying to use the bunk and loves to look at pictures of Bolers with them set up. To her it's just a big doll house. Last night, I had to keep telling her it's Mommy's camper.

morgynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #4

Name: Ted
Trailer: (Dark side)Crossroads Now
Glade Valley, North Carolina
Congrats on the purchase. Welcome to the group.
Old 07-30-2014, 10:02 PM   #5

Name: Bettina
Trailer: Looking for my travelling home
Ontario
Exciting! I too just learned about Boler but haven't been as lucky to find one yet ;-) Best of luck.

Bettina is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boler