Boler Help and Advice - Vancouver Area - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2016, 08:56 AM   #1

Name: Dave and Bonnie
Trailer: Boler
British Columbia
Boler Help and Advice - Vancouver Area

We live in New Westminster, and have just acquired a 1977 Boler 17ft. currently parked in our daughter's driveway in Port Moody. Would love to have some advice and maybe a meetup to review trailer condition and where to go from here. We are retired and it would be great to meet others in the Vancouver on area currently/completely finished renovations and restoration.

We have bought new wheels, tire, repaced bearings and had an RV place get things somewhat working (for $3300 parts/labour) so it could be towed down here from Kamloops.

We have taken up carpet on the floor and are currently just cleaning the trailer inside and out - it sat at Shuswap Lake rarely used since 1994. And we could use advice on where to get new cushions made ( have old ones for patterns)

Probably need to replace plywood floor (fiberglass coated) and/or reinforce floor in some areas (notably the trailer door)

Need a valve for the furnace ( hard to find?) and could use some expert Boler owner advice on this and on fridge/stove/water/toilet operations

Hope to hear from some of you soon!
daveandbonscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:40 AM   #2

Name: Peter
Trailer: G30 Elite Class C
British Columbia
17' Boler

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveandbonscott View Post
We live in New Westminster, and have just acquired a 1977 Boler 17ft. currently parked in our daughter's driveway in Port Moody. Would love to have some advice and maybe a meetup to review trailer condition and where to go from here. We are retired and it would be great to meet others in the Vancouver on area currently/completely finished renovations and restoration.

We have bought new wheels, tire, repaced bearings and had an RV place get things somewhat working (for $3300 parts/labour) so it could be towed down here from Kamloops.

We have taken up carpet on the floor and are currently just cleaning the trailer inside and out - it sat at Shuswap Lake rarely used since 1994. And we could use advice on where to get new cushions made ( have old ones for patterns)

Probably need to replace plywood floor (fiberglass coated) and/or reinforce floor in some areas (notably the trailer door)

Need a valve for the furnace ( hard to find?) and could use some expert Boler owner advice on this and on fridge/stove/water/toilet operations

Hope to hear from some of you soon!
: this is the guy to do repairs with RV Services on Lougheed Hwy, on north side so one has to go down the old Dewdney trunk Rd. to Harris, turn right to Lougheed Hwy, again turn right on Lougheed to his location which is in a granite yard and he has the end of the building and a big covered area out side, his prices are about the fairest we found in the lower mainland. His name is Mel, If I was at home I could give you more info but were traveling now. What ever u do stay away from The Meridian Way site they charge way to much for repairs.
My wife can do your cushions for u but we will not be back until end of August then gone for a week around the 12th of Sept. but back after that. Big problem how is the Foam, this stuff is expensive these days as it is a oil product and cost mega bucks to buy it, try sleeping on old foam for a night then you know if it will be good night after night, we sleep on the hardest foam 20/50 for sitting and sleeping on and I love it but in bedroom we got a spring loaded mattress which is my books was a good deal as it came with the MH. You can look at what she has done for me and our MH so many add on's including many other items.
Only trailer we had was a 1986 Bigfoot and The problem with them is they are two wide and catch the wind slowing one down and burn way to much gas. I like the Trillium, your sized Boler, and all the other smaller Moulded trailers on the market.
Stude
stude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 04:57 PM   #3

Name: Lise
Trailer: Boler
Washington
Registry
I replied to your other thread, am close but not close enough--plan to take the Boler to Canada but not until next spring I imagine.

Am happy to share ideas/progress, but am a newbie like you. I have learned so much reading these forums and keeping lists of ideas/suggestions/plans. It is fun and also overwhelming, especially when you bang your head on stuff, which I did this morning and is why I am not cleaning the Boler as I planned today. Instead I am reading on here and icing what looks to be a nice size bruise.

The PO (previous owner) of mine converted the rear couch into a permanent bed, so I ordered a full size memory foam mattress and plan to cut it down to size (with a serrated kitchen knife, or an electric knife if I can get my hands on a used one). I am dreaming of ways to change his structure for the bed support as it is, in my opinion, crappy. Especially since it gave me the bruise I mentioned above.

There are a number of folks who have posted about replacing their floors. Mine appears good and I'm glad because that is way above my pay grade. But it is doable, and you can learn about it on this site!

Do some research on foam types before you decide what to go with for cushions. I am putting that off for a winter project.

For a furnace alternative you might consider an electric space heater. If you will be camping at sites with electric you could wait on the furnace for a bit and see if you'll want to replace it or not.

Lise

Tags
boler