2002 21' Bigfoot Holding Tank Leak? - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #1

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
2002 21' Bigfoot Holding Tank Leak?

The last (actually first) time I had my new to me trailer out I stopped at a rest area and noticed water dripping out of small hole at the left rear corner of the holding tank. At the time I thought it was odd because the tanks were both empty but figured I had a leak and the sloshing around had caused a little water to drain out through the hole. While using the trailer that week I put a lot of gray water into the tank. It seemed to hold it but I figured it was just a really minor leak.

Fast forward to today when I crawled under the trailer armed with 3M 5200 and a hair dryer to attempt to plug the leak - I noticed that the hole appears to be perfectly round? About the size of my pinky. Is this some sort of drain hole for the interstitial space between the actual tank and the insulation/armor?

Do any owners of similar Bigfoots out there also have this hole? Thanks for checking.

South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:23 AM   #2
Commercial Member

Trailer: We have had all the brands at least once.
Re; Hole in Bigfoot 21 tank

We have the same 21 foot Bigfoot but a 2001 model and don't have any holes like that in the tanks. Have no idea what you are seeing..

Deb & Chuck
Deb & Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:34 AM   #3

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
A photo might help.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 11:45 AM   #4

Name: Jack L
Trailer: Sold the Bigfoot 17-Looking for a new one
Washington
As much as I love 3M 5200, I do not think it will stick to the plastic on the holding tank. TAP Plastics is located in Portland Or. and they have a large selection of repair products. When I had a problem with a boat holding tank, they were very helpful.
Jack L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:21 PM   #5

Name: Stu
Trailer: 2003 21RB Bigfoot
Coos Bay, Oregon
Thumbs up

Update - I filled both tanks and checked a week+ later; both still full Must be some sort of a drain hole for the interstitial space. Thanks for the replies.
South Coast Stu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bigfoot