Casita in Pensacola - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2017, 08:13 AM   #1

Name: JD
Trailer: Scamp 16 Modified (BIGLY)
Florida
Casita in Pensacola

I just saw this listing on craigslist if anyone is interested.
I have no connection with this camper.

Casita Camper For Sale by Owner
redbarron55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:12 PM   #2

Name: Patrick
Trailer: Casita
North Carolina
Registry
This looks like a scam. Be careful
pholloway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 02:24 PM   #3

Name: Jacqueline
Trailer: Scamp
Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholloway View Post
This looks like a scam. Be careful

Why does it look like a scam?
$13,500 is not "too good to be true "
The contact info gives a real Florida phone number.

Of course you should always be careful …
JackieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 03:14 PM   #4

North Carolina
Registry
First of all Craigslist postings are very often scams. Are the pictures posted of the trailer real or are they pictures posted of other trailers? There is so many scams on the internet that I would be very careful when contacting anyone buying a trailer site unseen. DO NOT send any money until you see the trailer in person and do a complete examination. If they get your money and it is a scam you will have a very hard time getting your money back if ever. Be careful.
Old 02-04-2017, 06:45 PM   #5

Florida
Check it out, it looks OK to me, but like I said I know nothing about it.
Most scams I see are priced too low.
I just posted it because to looks ok in the pictures, has date codes on the pics, and it is close to me. you can see the tag clearly.
Old 02-05-2017, 05:54 AM   #6

North Carolina
Registry
I had a similar add posted here in N.C. years ago. I contacted who I thought was the owner and talked about their Casita. I was told how the trailer was in mint condition and if I would send a small deposit they would hold the trailer since there were many people that were also interested in buying. I was smart enough not to send any money before seeing the trailer and told the person over the phone that I would like to come see the trailer. This is when they started saying well they were selling the trailer for a relative that had passed away and the trailer had been moved out of state. I contacted the Attorney General's fraud division here in Raleigh and I got a letter sometime later and was told the add had originally been sent from Eastern Europe. I am not saying the add you posted is not real. What I am saying is Buyer Beware.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:34 AM   #7

Name: kootenai girl
Trailer: 1976 Trillium 1300
British Columbia
Looks like a nice trailer with a custom bed mod. Can't see anything in that ad that screams scam, in fact it is actually priced quite high for the year lol.
If people start presuming all craigslist ads are scams there will certainly be a big reduction in trailers being purchased. As always its buyer beware though if something doesn't feel right during your communication don't proceed.
kootenaigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 11:40 AM   #8

Florida
Personally I don't see any red flags, but I wouldn't buy any trailer without the title.
You always take your chances when buying used and especially off listings like Craigslist.
This does not mean that they are bad or a stupid thing to do.
I bought the 5th wheel I lived in for the past year off Craigslist and sold it the same way.
Just pay attention and if a deal seems too good to be true it probably is.
I put a link here just in case someone near enough to look at it and wanted one could be directed to it.
I have no interest in the trailer and I don't know the seller and have not gone to look at it either.
If you are interested go look if not then.......
I didn't mean to start an argument over buying off craigslist. I buy off Craigslist and had been pretty much satisfied.
I also flag the obvious scams for removal.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:22 PM   #9

Name: Jerrybob
Trailer: casita
Washington
We bought our Casita off of Craigslist a few years ago. Saw the add....called the guy......went to see the trailer......cut the deal......bought the trailer. Use commonsense on any transaction.....not just Craigslist. DON'T send anybody money without seeing the product. Can't believe people fall for the phone and email scams........commonsense......don't be stupid.
jerrybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2017, 03:21 PM   #10

Florida
Just as an aside the date on the pictures dates match the posting date for the ad.
A lot of trouble for the scam and most scammers are not that bright, but you never know

Tags
casita