Propane Regulator Installation - Scamp Style - Page 4 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-28-2017, 03:59 PM   #61
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordon2 View Post

BTW, is the only difference between the MEGR-291 and the MEGR-298 the direction of the vent? And then there is the question of the high capacity versions (with H appended to model number) or not.
I think you are correct, the 291 is intended for vertical mounting with the vent down where the 298 is designed for horizontal mounting with the vent down. As far as capacity the way I read it the high capacity I'd intended for large trailers with large appliances. Same pressure but higher gas flow.

I had an Amazon order ready to go in so I order another 291. When it gets here I'll install it and check the pressure. If the pressure is off back it goes.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 08:51 AM   #62

Name: Paul
Trailer: '04 Scamp 19D, TV:Tacoma 3.5L 4door, SB
Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz View Post
...Since the regulator was new I decided to check the pressure. This morning I built a manometer and connected it to the gas line. I expected to see 11"wc. I opened the gas and the water blew out the open end of the tube. ...
Nice job on the manometer, Raz. Only one comment - is the bottom loop longer than the straight, vertical? (Hard to judge from the pic.)
Paul O. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 09:18 AM   #63
Raz

Trailer: Trillium 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul O. View Post
Nice job on the manometer, Raz. Only one comment - is the bottom loop longer than the straight, vertical? (Hard to judge from the pic.)
Good point. Bottom loop =10 1/2". Vertical =9" which equals 18"wc. It occurred to me to check as I was tightening the wire ties.
Raz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
propane, scamp