EggCamper Raises Price - Page 2 - Fiberglass RV
Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-04-2015, 05:38 PM   #21

Trailer: No Trailer Yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carol H View Post
Funny enough our declining Canadian Dollar has resulted in their paying more for the parts out of the US to build the trailer which is why they needed to raise the price.
When I heard about the exchange rate, that is the first thing that I thought of. Such conditions usually have to balance out.

I have watched the prices edge up over time maybe a $2,000 a year or so but $5,000 was a big jump. They don't have the expense of propane and that adds a LOT to your liability insurance when you are handling that. That are also very close to the suppliers in Elkhart as I am originally from that area.

I guess you raise the price and see what the market will bear?
Cathy P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 06:06 PM   #22

Name: Robert
Trailer: 2015 Escape 19 "Past Tents" 2018 F150 Lariat 2.7L EB SuperCrew
Arkansas
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy P. View Post
I guess you raise the price and see what the market will bear?

Or you raise the price by 5k knowing it will reduce demand, and you don't have to build as many. Just a guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Fiberglass RV
Old 07-04-2015, 06:30 PM   #23

Trailer: 92 16 ft Scamp
Registry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Baglo View Post
Or not, if you live in Washington State or Oregon, for instance.
Or if you live in California, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, Utah & Arizona its still closer than Michigan is.

For many other states its pretty well the same distance to either facility.

The reality is no matter what trailer one buys the odds of it being built just down the road from the buyer is slim for many - meaning your either going to do a road trip to get the trailer or you have it delivered.

If you go and pick it up yourself you have the cost of gas to get there and the hotel bills for sleeping if its a multi day trip. Heading home you have the cost of the gas and the cost of campgrounds. Suspect it probable is cheaper to go and get the trailer yourself but pretty sure the cost difference between having it shipped to you vs picking it up is not going to come anywhere close to eating up all the US$6800 purchase price difference.

If your someone who likes to put a high value on your time then it would be far cheaper to have it delivered than picking it up yourself regardless of the distance
Carol H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 05:50 AM   #24

Name: Bob Ruggles
Trailer: 2015 Escape
Michigan
I just got my Escape 19 a month ago. Price was about $1000 more than the new EggCamper price and it's way more trailer for the price difference. I was happy with my EggCamper but having my adult son have to sleep on the floor was the deciding factor. the Escape is so well built and so well thought out. More inside storage than I'll ever use. I drove from Michigan to pick it up and my credit card bill for the trip was $2300. No idea what the delivery cost would have been but my son and I came out of that with a 6800 mile trip to the Pacific. Probably a good thing we don't all want the same thing.
rgrugg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
eggcamper